• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coney Island - Return of the Thunderbolt?

The track's coming along nicely:

10012477_10152493065516062_6412150607631395741_n.jpg

Can't say I like that particular shade of orange, though.

That looks like really good fun! Gerstlauer and Towers are currently crying over the fact that Zamperla have also been able to develop a reversing vertical lift! :p

:)

Towers won't care much but can't imagine Gerst will be happy, especially as they seem to have copied Gerst method.

POV:

Looks fairly shaky and weirdly uncomfortable for me, I hope that's just because of where the camera is placed. The hills at the end, though, look sublime. You can feel the air-time.

It does look quite jittery but it looks a fun layout and those hills certainly seem as though they would pack a punch.

Maybe a little jittery but doesn't look bad enough to be a problem, I'd rather ride it being jittery than perfectly smooth. Looks really fun, those hills look insane.

POVs can often look a little shaky, I didn't think it seemed too bad. If it is a smooth ride then it looks like it could be good fun with some great airtime at the end.

I actually think it looks pretty good. It seems to ride a lot better than I was expecting, and the inversions look pretty fun (Though I'm not too sure about that first one. The entry is a little drawn out). The hops look spot on, and even the support work is pretty tidy, lift hill aside.

I'm really pleasantly surprised. For a Zamperla it I actually rather like it. I'd be interested to see how it stacks up against the Eurofighter in terms of price and performance. Maybe we could have a new, decent quality, budget thrill coaster on the market? :)

In absolutely shocking news, this rides like a bag of spanners! A few people from CoasterForce have been on and reckon the airtime is painful instead of fun, the inversions take up to 3 separate movements to finish and it rides like has square wheels :D

Listen out at the end of CF's POV :p

Coney Island is so hideous. I mean, sure, it's historic and everything but Zamperla are just installing all of these cheap and nasty rides into the place...

OK - the Air Race is decent and the launched coaster isn't bad - but by and large, it's horrid!

You have to love how the whole ride is a rip,off of other manufacturers, MACK style restraints and a Gerst lift hill system.

Not promising if CF think it's crap.

The layout seems decent enough. It just appears to be very rough and rattily for a new coaster. That actually sounds farmiliar! :p

Never seen a new ride pov have people saying it's horrible. Even the Smiler 80% of people love. Just a few more "delicate" members struggled with it