• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
I honestly can say I’m glad I decided on November/December time to propose to my partner at a non Merlin castle. I have no idea when tourism will resume in the uk. I doubt anyone really knows but I have my own reasons for hoping for a November date to see more places open :tearsofjoy:.

I feel sorry for the police in all of this, I cannot see how these new rules are at all enforceable. Which makes the larger fines pretty much useless.

We'll see how the public and businesses interpret these new rules over the course of the next week, and I await the full government guidance at 2pm today. But there are a lot more questions than answers at the moment. I personally feel we may be taking too many steps too early here; it is hard to imagine how the R rate will not increase in the short term whilst we still do not have the test, track and trace system in place.

They make it sound like they are building a new system.
They aren't.
Volcano bay anyone? Plus LLW qbot (which is not qbot but qsmart)!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
They're adapting it so that it can be used as the primary system at parks, not a secondary upcharge product.

I’m glad it’s all got cleared up by the welsh leader last night. What Boris said applies to england anyone who comes to wales for exercise will be fined and turned back. I can’t wait to see how many people this happens to because the wording wasn’t broken down.

Unfortunately I can see people taking advantage of these new rules. I know there's a larger fine but you always get ignorant people with the "rules are meant to broken" mentality. I expect my local seaside town to be full of day trippers acting like it's just another normal day and sit on the beach with their mates. I might be a little cynical here, but it's the minority that will ruin for this for us tbh.

Basically, the new rules rely on individuals making sensible decisions. What could possibly go wrong.

Whats the point in quarantining people coming in if you are going to have one rule for France and another for the rest of the world? The minds boggles with the way this government been dealing with this crisis.
It's France's decision I think. The UK Govt have no choice.

So apparently we can now meet friends and family at parks but stay 2m away

This is a disaster

So we can all go to the beaches parks set up camp with our friends at 2m distance ... play sports within our kink family group but not with the people we can now see at a social distance

The mind boggles surely it would be better to limit to immediate family at home and maintain lockdown for a further three weeks. We are nearly on top of this I can now see it failing big time and cases escalating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you say that, but you're allowed to exercise, sunbath, sit down outdoors, and travel to a place to do the above. Trip to a beach could easily fit into those (excessively loose) restrictions...

Indeed and it turns out I was utterly wrong, that's what I get for reading between the lines and applying logic. Let's hope the tracing app is a 5 star non-buggy mess or its herd immunity here we come! #StayAlert

Indeed and it turns out I was utterly wrong, that's what I get for reading between the lines and applying logic. Let's hope the tracing app is a 5 star non-buggy mess or its herd immunity here we come! #StayAlert
Well given there was zero mention of the tracing app yesterday, you've got to wonder how much importance the government are actually placing on it...

Going back to the no queues conversation earlier, I can't recall if a link was posted but I found this tonight describing it

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...xe-queues-meet-Covid-19-safety-standards.html

Considering the absolute arse they made of previous 'zero physical queue' attempts at Thorpe, and the mess that standard fastrack is, this does not fill me with any confidence whatsoever. With the whole park relying on a proven unreliable system I can only forsee disaster.

On the plus side, it would inevitably see the end of RAP, so we could stop bitching about the inequalities and abuse of that!

Edit. Female dog is considered a swear? Bitch please!

Were you doing Thorpe at the time of Reserve &Ride, or whatever it was called pluk?
I remember reading at length on Thorpe Park Mania at the time...one a ride broke down the whole thing went tits up.

Last edited:
Listening to Jeremy Vine and heard a headteacher speak clearly and coherently about how they would struggle to implement social distancing in school, then some bloke comes in and says "Teachers are looking for problems, we need solutions not problems!".

I really feel for teachers, it must be tough having both politicians and the public telling you how to do your job!

"Teachers are looking for problems, we need solutions not problems!".
Literally one of my least favourite sayings. Used to be told it a lot at work, "well this is a problem, what's the solution?" - if I could've come up with a solution, I wouldn't have come to you in the first place with a problem.

Teachers have enough on their plates - they don't have time to be complaining about problems they can solve themselves.