• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
It can't be discreet like say the virgin Atlantic hidden disability badge, because it's going to be more for the customers not staff.

Well the lanyard wasn't discreet from memory, green with sunflowers on it. It should have flashing lights and bells and whistles, as you said, it will be customers to be able to see that there is a reason a staff member is not wearing a mask.

Staff shouldn't get abuse for this on top of everything else they deal with from idiots.

(Although I have seen some staff members in stores who are just as bad as customers for coughing without covering and not socially distancing from customers....so I personally think all staff who can should wear masks as well)

I've got one of these sunflower lanyards at home that I obtained from work (I actually work for Sainsbury's, for the record!), with the intention of using it for solo travel abroad later in the year. Looks like I'll need to use it sooner rather than later! I've got an exemption card to go on the lanyard on order, as well as a clear plastic wallet for it to go in if necessary. I've also printed something off from the National Autistic Society's website that I'll fill in ahead of the legislation coming into force. I really should've been more proactive earlier on, but this has spurred me into action.

Like a boy scout you are. Be prepared and all that. ;)

If you have any issues with all the documentation then there is no hope for anyone.

If staff are going to face abuse for trying to get customers to wear masks when they themselves aren't wearing one, they need to be wearing something visible that is the universal symbol for "exempt".

A sunflower lanyard would probably be a good first step as most supermarkets already use those to designate people with additional needs.

My mum is not happy, but she bought cotton masks last night - her main issue is the style of some masks and the colours, they are a bit Bane like some of them in my opinion. But unhappy or not, she knows she has to wear one and that's it.
But just saying "they look like Bane" isn't a reasonably excuse, you can get masks in many different colours and styles.

Like a boy scout you are. Be prepared and all that. ;)

If you have any issues with all the documentation then there is no hope for anyone.
Funnily enough, I used to be in the Scouts! :p My manager's quite understanding to my situation, though we can't do much about it until actual guidance comes down from higher up, and I'm sure the same will apply for other similar companies.

But just saying "they look like Bane" isn't a reasonably excuse, you can get masks in many different colours and styles.

To be fair to her, apart from the blue medical masks that on one hand we're being told not to wear, on the other hand we can, the first people my mum saw in person wearing a mask were the face hugging black masks like you see in US rallies when they don't want the cameras seeing their faces.

We spent about £15 on high street brand masks to find out a) not enough layers and b) not the right material.

There are over 2,000 people selling masks on Etsy. Disney are pre-ordering masks that won't be sent out until August 31st and they come in several sizes that you have to measure your face for..... there is almost too many out there and they all say different things.

Some have filters, some have 5 layers.... it should be universal this is what you need and no one can sell anything that isn't the required design.

Well the lanyard wasn't discreet from memory, green with sunflowers on it. It should have flashing lights and bells and whistles, as you said, it will be customers to be able to see that there is a reason a staff member is not wearing a mask.

Staff shouldn't get abuse for this on top of everything else they deal with from idiots.

(Although I have seen some staff members in stores who are just as bad as customers for coughing without covering and not socially distancing from customers....so I personally think all staff who can should wear masks as well)
Orange lanyard with stripes and a sunflower could work I suppose.

Sainsbury's brought of a hidden disability lanyard for customers. They should have something for staff, something individual to each supermarket for example, that is only for store employees working their shift.
Is it that sunflower one? Been wanting to get one of those but I don't have a big Sainsbury's nearby lol.

Some have filters, some have 5 layers.... it should be universal this is what you need and no one can sell anything that isn't the required design.

The 2 for a 4.99 reusable ones from aldi are useless.

If you can blow out a lighter whist wearing it, the face covering is useless.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

The 2 for a 4.99 reusable ones from aldi are useless.

If you can blow out a lighter whist wearing it, the face covering is useless.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Got ours from Asda but the expensive ones were from Superdrug. Not a very nice smell.... it reminded me of the tales from the crew of LotR and the wet Uruk-hai prosthetics....

That's what I'm saying, I would hope that retailers that people go to for food would sell decent masks. Not ones that cost £15, but just better quality. I don't need a fancy pattern if it puts the price up.

That's a good tip, I'll have to try that and see. I'm sure a match will work.

To be fair to her, apart from the blue medical masks that on one hand we're being told not to wear, on the other hand we can, the first people my mum saw in person wearing a mask were the face hugging black masks like you see in US rallies when they don't want the cameras seeing their faces.
I’ve not seen anything to say don’t wear disposable surgical masks.
A majority seem to either be wearing those disposable masks or simple black ones, but I’ve seen plenty of other options.
I don’t think it matters too much what they are made of really, it’s just about catching some of the droplets from your breath and combined with best attempts at distancing every little helps added together.

personally I went for these but they’ve gone up in price since I ordered. https://www.adidas.co.uk/face-covers-m-l-3-pack/H32391.html?forceSelSize=1 Size

I’ve just seen some idiot with a Liverpool champions one on, that’s 100% convinced me I will not put one on except for work where I have too in meat processing plants now.
Amazon it is for me now shopping wise, death to the high street.

I’ve just seen some idiot with a Liverpool champions one on, that’s 100% convinced me I will not put one on except for work where I have too in meat processing plants now.
Amazon it is for me now shopping wise, death to the high street.
I'm sorry, but that logic is completely and utterly ridiculous. And I think you know it.

I’ve not seen anything to say don’t wear disposable surgical masks.
A majority seem to either be wearing those disposable masks or simple black ones, but I’ve seen plenty of other options.
I don’t think it matters too much what they are made of really, it’s just about catching some of the droplets from your breath and combined with best attempts at distancing every little helps added together.

personally I went for these but they’ve gone up in price since I ordered. https://www.adidas.co.uk/face-covers-m-l-3-pack/H32391.html?forceSelSize=1 Size

I think the initial briefings for the transport announcement by BJ, Matt Hancock, Chris witty etc... All asked people to wear face coverings and asked people to refrain from buying surgical masks. Nothing official in writing though, so I think that's where that has come from.

Excellent choice of mask. I have the same ones but in black. Pro-tip don't cut the elastic on half when trying to cut out the washing instructions, D'oh! :D ( I'm blaming the COVID brain for that one.) I've also noticed the pocket for the filter is the same material as my Adidas running shorts, so nice bit of recycling by Adidas.