• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Obviously with covid not in the headlines anymore China want to spice things up again and give us a new pandemic too cripple the west even more.

Ladies and gentlemen- Introducing the Langya virus!!

Always the bringer of good news aren't we Gary.

It says in that article that human to human transmission hasn’t been reported and that there appears to be no close contact chains among those infected, suggesting that transmission is “sporadic”. So I’m not sure it’ll be the next pandemic, personally.

Let’s be honest they said the same about covid when that all started! Who knows😂

You all beat me to it...What does it matter anyway, we are about to head into WW3.
I used to consider my wife the bringer of doom.
You get to take over the post Gary!
It'll all be over by Christmas.

Let’s be honest they said the same about covid when that all started! Who knows😂

I was just re reading the first few posts if the thread and thought the same.

On a serious note though given the population spread, and harder economic times aren't we more likely to see another covid sooner rather than later ?

Weren't you the guy who predicted we were going to be nuked months ago? Any news of a virus will be newsworthy now after Covid. In the pre-covid (and arguably complacent) world these kinds of things wouldn't even get a look in from the media.

Well it ain’t ain’t over yet! As for covid, I did say millions would die from covid and people laughed …. 6.42 million deaths later…

As for this new virus in China, no, not saying it’s the new pandemic as yet, will have to wait and see.

Well it ain’t ain’t over yet! As for covid, I did say millions would die from covid and people laughed …. 6.42 million deaths later…

As for this new virus in China, no, not saying it’s the new pandemic as yet, will have to wait and see.

You where a tad more dramatic than that Gary, you where quoting 5-10% fatality rate which covid never reached.

We discover new virus’s all the time, in fact we really need to be better at discovering them and then investing money into early stage vaccine development just in case but that’s another argument.

The difference now is the whole world knows how to control a pandemic in a much better way than before. I think we'd be able to stop a major spread now of a disease for a significant period of time.

I see what you mean, however what I was particularly referencing too is the general populations understanding of measures, such as understanding the need for masks and social distancing.

That's definitely not the case. The second Boris declared "freedom day" many people stopped caring about others and didn't think wearing masks is a thing.

Thought I would give this well worn topic a little nudge.
Phone call from one of my very elderly punters, tested positive...I saw him earlier in the week, just after I had a snuffly cold.
Not too bad, but more than a cold.
Did I give it him, or could he have now passed it on to me?
Because most of my customers are elderly, or thoosie, I had better get tested, again...
I always wanted to ride Kraken, I never expected it to ride me though!