• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Don't think anyone will be surprised, but the quarantine rules are actually in law until March, not three weeks. Who wants to bet that masks will be in force till then as well? :(
I think all of the Coronavirus legislation has been done like this, either 6 months or 12 months, and then just repealed or amended as required. It doesn't mean it will remain in effect until the expiry.

Edit. Face coverings are only law until 20th Dec, but again that doesn't mean much as they can extend it easily.

Side effects from covid with no jab might force you to have time off life. A lot of time. All of it in fact. You might be young with no underlying conditions, I wouldn't know, and if you are the odds are in your favour. But it's still a roll of the dice. Good luck.

There’s no need to be so condescending. Like I’ve said, I’ve already had two jabs. I’m low risk and in good health, so I’m going to ‘take my chances’ with not having more jabs.

Try and be on the right side of history, and the right side of the grass.

Sorry, but I don’t think vaccine mandates are the ‘right side of history’ at all. I don’t believe people’s freedoms should be withheld on the basis of whether or not they have a medical procedure.

There’s no need to be so condescending. Like I’ve said, I’ve already had two jabs. I’m low risk and in good health, so I’m going to ‘take my chances’ with not having more jabs.
I'm also double jabbed and won't be having the booster either. I would consider it if it was AZ, but it's only Pfizer (both my previous doses were AZ). I'm young, relatively healthy, so also low risk anyway.

I know someone who is also double jabbed, young and relatively healthy. She is going to get the booster but only so she can go abroad next year (three doses will be required to travel out of the country soon). People should get the jab because they want it, not because they need it (apart from those who are genuinely at risk due to certain medical conditions and such of course).

Last edited:
I don’t believe people’s freedoms should be withheld on the basis of whether or not they have a medical procedure.

Had they not been mandated previously you'd have had a damn good chance of not having made it out of infancy yourself.

I find it a very selfish viewpoint that someone who chooses to present a greater risk to the vulnerable and society as a whole thinks they should be afforded the same freedoms as those who chooses not to pose such a risk. Yes, people should have a choice, but that choice should come with heavy consequences.

And what about those poor people who have had serious, and in some cases lethal reactions to the jab(s)? Maybe they should have chosen to roll the Covid dice instead? All for a Vaccine so safe and effective that you have to be threatened, coerced and sanctioned to take it. So safe that deaths, heart problems and clots as a result of the vaccine are rarely being reported in the MSM. So effective that it has been proven and widely admitted that it doesn’t stop anyone getting Covid or transmitting it either yet people still deem Vaccine Passports to be a reasonable policy. So effective that you will need a third, a fourth, a fifth jab etc etc.

For those applauding the Mask compliance of the general public across Europe, are you aware that countries like France and Germany are experiencing huge numbers of new cases, hospitalisation and deaths despite mask mandates and vaccination passports being in place since the Summer? Hardly a good advert for such discriminatory and unethical measures.

And it’s no wonder people are vaccine hesitant and reluctant to believe a word that comes out of the mouths of those in power. Sure, a pandemic was never going to be an easy thing to manage but I think this Government are well and truly out of goalposts now. 20 months in , and with the vast majority of the elderly and vulnerable vaccinated, and up to 90% of the population seemingly with antibodies, “It’s just” is no longer going to cut it I’m afraid.

It’s just a mask; It’s just 2 metres; It’s just 3 weeks; It’s just non-essential businesses; It’s just 3 more weeks; It’s just until we figure it out; It’s just a bar; It’s just a restaurant; It’s just care homes; It’s just schools; It’s just to protect the NHS; It’s just a clap for carers; It’s just until cases go down; It’s just to flatten the curve; It’s just to protect others; It’s just a few more weeks; It’s just gyms,salons and sport; It’s just Churches and Mosques; It’s just singing; It’s just no shared Birthday cakes; It’s just travel; It’s just 3 more months of lockdown; It’s just some floor markings and temporary screens; It’s just a one way system; It’s just until we get a Vaccine; It’s just an app; It’s just for tracking; It’s just to let people know you are safe to be around; It’s just 3 more months; It’s just some areas; It’s just government guidelines; It’s just for your own good; It’s just for protecting others; It’s just compulsory; It’s just mandatory; It’s just Law; It’s just a scotch egg with your pint; It’s just Science; It’s just those Scientists, but not those ones; It’s just because of the second wave; It’s just to save granny; It’s just another lockdown; It’s just Christmas,cancelled; It’s just School..but at home; It’s just a year..next year will be better; It’s just a swab; It’s just for medical information ; It’s just a jab; It’s just a card to store medical history; It’s just for travel; It’s just so you can go to the shops and pubs; It’s just so you can send your kids to school; It’s just so you can go to a concert; It’s just the sack for carers; It’s just another jab; It’s just a Booster; It’s just a mask; It’s just another Booster; It’s just another few years; It’s just better we keep it this way

And what about those poor people who have had serious, and in some cases lethal reactions to the jab(s)? Maybe they should have chosen to roll the Covid dice instead? All for a Vaccine so safe and effective that you have to be threatened, coerced and sanctioned to take it. So safe that deaths, heart problems and clots as a result of the vaccine are rarely being reported in the MSM. So effective that it has been proven and widely admitted that it doesn’t stop anyone getting Covid or transmitting it either yet people still deem Vaccine Passports to be a reasonable policy. So effective that you will need a third, a fourth, a fifth jab etc etc.

For those applauding the Mask compliance of the general public across Europe, are you aware that countries like France and Germany are experiencing huge numbers of new cases, hospitalisation and deaths despite mask mandates and vaccination passports being in place since the Summer? Hardly a good advert for such discriminatory and unethical measures.

And it’s no wonder people are vaccine hesitant and reluctant to believe a word that comes out of the mouths of those in power. Sure, a pandemic was never going to be an easy thing to manage but I think this Government are well and truly out of goalposts now. 20 months in , and with the vast majority of the elderly and vulnerable vaccinated, and up to 90% of the population seemingly with antibodies, “It’s just” is no longer going to cut it I’m afraid.

It’s just a mask; It’s just 2 metres; It’s just 3 weeks; It’s just non-essential businesses; It’s just 3 more weeks; It’s just until we figure it out; It’s just a bar; It’s just a restaurant; It’s just care homes; It’s just schools; It’s just to protect the NHS; It’s just a clap for carers; It’s just until cases go down; It’s just to flatten the curve; It’s just to protect others; It’s just a few more weeks; It’s just gyms,salons and sport; It’s just Churches and Mosques; It’s just singing; It’s just no shared Birthday cakes; It’s just travel; It’s just 3 more months of lockdown; It’s just some floor markings and temporary screens; It’s just a one way system; It’s just until we get a Vaccine; It’s just an app; It’s just for tracking; It’s just to let people know you are safe to be around; It’s just 3 more months; It’s just some areas; It’s just government guidelines; It’s just for your own good; It’s just for protecting others; It’s just compulsory; It’s just mandatory; It’s just Law; It’s just a scotch egg with your pint; It’s just Science; It’s just those Scientists, but not those ones; It’s just because of the second wave; It’s just to save granny; It’s just another lockdown; It’s just Christmas,cancelled; It’s just School..but at home; It’s just a year..next year will be better; It’s just a swab; It’s just for medical information ; It’s just a jab; It’s just a card to store medical history; It’s just for travel; It’s just so you can go to the shops and pubs; It’s just so you can send your kids to school; It’s just so you can go to a concert; It’s just the sack for carers; It’s just another jab; It’s just a Booster; It’s just a mask; It’s just another Booster; It’s just another few years; It’s just better we keep it this way
The negative reactions to the jabs are MASSIVELY outweighed by the lives they have saved, a quick look at the Covid death rate through Autumn 2021 compared to Autumn 2020 says everything especially given that we spent a month in partial lockdown in that time yet the death rate was three times more in Autumn 2020 than Autumn 2021 when we had gone without restrictions for a few months. Vaccines work and making people feel hesitant to take them is dangerous (case in point: the MMR vaccine scares which were entirely unfounded but caused a rise in global measles rates). Yes adding masks back sucks but while we have a new varient it is sensible to bring back masks, as much as I have been critical at the Government's slow action when Covid originally hit and in the surge of cases in late 2020, I am satisfied that the Government has acted quickly and cautiously before we know for certain what the Omicron varient means. As for boosters, these don't disprove the vaccine's efficacy, it's just that while Covid is endemic and we want minimal deaths with minimal economical loss, we need all the protection we can get (especially given that the immune systems of elderly people are knackered and just cannot fight most viruses without a significant amount of help).
I know this is a bit of a rant but I feel this is necessary because of the risk to life and wellbeing if people do not take responsibility for the health of the global population.
Edit: You mention France and Germany, they are struggling with vaccine hesitancy, whilst the average Brit has had 1.66 doses, the average German has had 1.43 • Europe: COVID-19 vaccination rates by country | Statista. This doesn't sound like a lot but in a population of millions it makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

Yup, quite right, we would all be better off dead.
Possibly.

I think people should just take personal responsibility now to be honest. I do question the effectiveness of things like Masks given what's happening in Europe at the moment. If someone wants to wear a mask then fine, but the same should apply to someone who doesn't. The same applies with Boosters..of course if you are vulnerable and elderly then you should get the Booster if you can but again, it should come down to personal choice. I can't help but think a huge majority of people donning their masks again now are doing so not because they think it's a real benefit to their health/other people's health but because they have been told to do so by the Government . It sets a worrying precedent when people are so willing to blindly follow rules and guidelines set out by a Government which arguably aren't all that effective. Vaccine Passports/ mandatory Vaccination is something that I would never support.

I feel that some people don't ever want this to go away and wish to have authoritarian restrictions placed on their lives for the rest of eternity. I also find it interesting how those who support restrictions coming back are often those who are first in the queue to be jabbed and in some cases probably wear their masks whilst driving with the windows up.

It's been previously mentioned that the Government and the Media make more of an effort to reinforce the Covid situation but this is all they have done for nearly two years now, and this is arguably why so many people act and think like they do about Covid because they spend so much of their lives glued to the MSM. People need to remember that fear sells. People need to remember that Covid isn't the only circus in town and that people sadly die from hundreds of other things. People also need to remember that Covid has a nigh on 99% full natural recovery rare and that a third or so of people who have it don't even suffer from any symptoms. People also need to remember that a positive test/infection does not mean a hospitalised person.

I can see why some people have had a enough of the constant scaremongering and coercion. People who have had their mental health crushed over the last couple of years. People who have had their Businesses and livelihoods ruined due to lockdowns. I could go on and on.

I know I'm a Lamb to the slaughter on this forum when it comes to this thread and believe it or not, I don't like arguing or bickering, but sometimes a different perspective is required.

I'm also double jabbed and won't be having the booster either. I would consider it if it was AZ, but it's only Pfizer (both my previous doses were AZ). I'm young, relatively healthy, so also low risk anyway.

They are using Pfizer as the main vaccine now due to the potential blood clot issue (which is a bigger risk to those under 40).
Also AstraZenica has been found to offer lower protection and it drops off quicker, so adding a Pfizer booster at six months is very beneficial if you had AZ first time round.
I would also assume if you had AZ and are under 40 then you are classed as vulnerable which is why you got it earlier than your age group was called, so if you were classed as vulnerable to get the vaccine early then potentially you are vulnerable enough to need a booster at six months.
The decision is yours to take, but again I found this graph really made me think about how valuble boosters are,

And what about those poor people who have had serious, and in some cases lethal reactions to the jab(s)?

You mean like vaccine activated cytokine storm.

Yes, there some people where vaccination is dangerous. However they are a small amount of the population, with screening questions are designed to dramatically cut down the risks due to known medical issues.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ah I see the anti-vax copy and paste club have made their way to Towers Street

I could take the time to provide direct statistics, analysis and evidence to disprove most of what has been said, but quite frankly I’ve had enough of trying to reason with people who choose not to listen. I see the same “evidence” copy and pasted, the same points repeated, and then on the off chance I do feel like providing a challenge to these dangerous statements, they never bother replying anyway. As has been pointed out, personal responsibility isn’t really something that comes into play when the measures are there to protect others.

I am however convinced that if we had social media in the early 1900s the human race would have been wiped out by measles

If your personal choice isn’t based on reasoned science, but rather misinformation and lies, *and* it might kill my nan, yeah I’m gonna have an opinion x

whilst I personally agree with you - it’s still down to the individual to make the decision.

whilst I personally agree with you - it’s still down to the individual to make the decision.
Honestly given some of the lunacy that’s been going on recently (“weird that omicron b is an anagram of no crimbo”), I truly have little faith that people deserve that freedom of choice at this point. Peoples opinions do not override science, period. We’re in a global health crisis, there’s a reason health experts exist, and it’s because your average Joe simply doesn’t have the understanding to make informed decisions on things like this.

Honestly given some of the lunacy that’s been going on recently (“weird that omicron b is an anagram of no crimbo”), I truly have little faith that people deserve that freedom of choice at this point.

On a personal level, me neither. It's been utterly dispiriting. Nonetheless, I would still have to argue a case in favour of the personal liberty of the populace, even in these extreme times, and even in extreme disagreement.

To give you a view from the continent, Germany held pretty steady until recently even with huge and divisional vaccine scepticism. I think this is because caution has always been consistent amongst the majority of the public, vaxxed or otherwise. The UK government seem to have just pinballed between extreme positions of Freedom Day and Cancelled Christmas, when a more moderate approach to safety and curbing the spike would have been beneficial. Nonetheless, the risk of that 35% of the population who have resisted vaccination have now been caught up with the virus mutating over winter, just like last year. I am finding it difficult to empathise with people choosing to forego the vaccine given the strain they are visibly adding to the health services. Frankly, if that means they're off the trains, out of restaurants and not sat next to me in the cinema, then so be it. My definition of 'liberty' only extends so far.