• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Crazy prices

I'm sure they will have to problem filling the lodges up, the demand for rooms is clearly there, as shown by the expensive prices. My main worry about the lodges is the massive strain they will put on the already bursting hotels. Add another 120 rooms (with up to 5 people in each), who all want food, drinks and entertainment, the hotels really will struggle with demand.

I think the only people willing to pay those prices are people who have never stayed there before and are expecting something spectacular, perhaps comparing it to Disney maybe?

Disney probably help sell the lie, their hotels are mostly dire and over priced too.

Unfortunately it's a supply and demand thing, they sell something like 50% of their capacity before the season even starts so where is the incentive for a purely capitalist corporation?

Doesn't make it right but it won't change.

I'm sure they will have to problem filling the lodges up, the demand for rooms is clearly there, as shown by the expensive prices. My main worry about the lodges is the massive strain they will put on the already bursting hotels. Add another 120 rooms (with up to 5 people in each), who all want food, drinks and entertainment, the hotels really will struggle with demand.
We can only hope that the bars and restaurants struggle so badly that KPIs massively drop and Merlin do something about that side of the resort...

Yes but your missing the point. Of course there are B&Bs cheaper, but I'm taking about staying in the resort in the same way if I went to Europa I would stay in their resort.

I think the only people willing to pay those prices are people who have never stayed there before and are expecting something spectacular, perhaps comparing it to Disney maybe?

Disney offer a range of hotels, value, moderate & deluxe. Alton Towers are only offering the deluxe option (lodges might fit the moderate option) and they leave it to the local B&Bs and the travel lodge to provide the value options. Think about all the things the ATH offers that a B&B doesn't, entertainment, theming, early entry, bars, arcades, a choice of restaurants.

As many have said, there are plenty of people willing to pay to stay in the deluxe accommodation (and some to pay more to get moon voyager or even more heavily themed rooms). As long as they are getting a decent occupancy rate they don't need to drop the prices. And for the days when they aren't getting enough guests, there are other offers (eg Sun 50% off not valid on Saturdays). With the Sun code you can get Splash Landings under £100 a night weekdays during termtime as less people want to visit so there are offers. Same with getting good prices during the theme park closed season. But given when I searched for 2 nights in two weeks time there was no availability on some nights they must be filling the hotel pretty well!

I understand you want to stay at the resort but to do that you need to pay the resort price.

Head count hasn't gone down on park, it's been heaving, Merlin just want money money money

@GaryH did you trying using The Sun newspaper discount code? I booked 2 nights for Scarefest which was going to be as you say £400 for 2 nights but with the discount I managed to pay £200 for 2 nights instead. In total for 1 adult 2 day park ticket + 1 child 2 day park ticket + 1 adult 2 day water park ticket + 1 child 2 day water park ticket + 2 x gold fast track passes = £429.50.

Okay that's not great but if you take away the gold fast track passes which weren't a necesety and cost me £104 for the pair then it's not too terrible for a little over £300. We'll try and use the food vouchers on the main AT site too to save on money in the park...

That just too expensive for the average family. and us poor sods on a low income. I say chained oak every time. Yes you miss the hotel experience, but it isn't a kick in the bank/balls to stay there. lets be honest. T You couldn't ask for a nicer couple then the people who run it

My missies works for Thomson. She always says if you don't want the cost book early. You could try and get last min but it wont be worth it if you miss out

My missies works for Thomson. She always says if you don't want the cost book early. You could try and get last min but it wont be worth it if you miss out
Aye that's a common misconception with a lot of travel companies. You think if you book last minute you'll get a deal because they want to fill slots but in reality more often than not things fill anyway and as the places dwindle the cost skyrockets.