• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Death to "The General Public"

To me, a lanyard just reminds me of being at work šŸ¤£ It's just another thing to carry that I don't need as it's digital šŸ¤”
Ah, but kids these days have been conditioned to constantly wear their ID on a lanyard for all to see, since the day they started school. (Even though any workplace with a brain will tell you to remove your lanyard the second you leave the site for security reasons.)
... Which is a whole other debate I won't derail this thread with.

Ah, but kids these days have been conditioned to constantly wear their ID on a lanyard for all to see, since the day they started school. (Even though any workplace with a brain will tell you to remove your lanyard
Or if you are involved with large, powerful machines with moving parts. Like say a theme park maybe?

Canada's Wonderland makes you remove anything round your neck before going on any ride. I can only assume there must have been an incident involving a full length 4th Doctor scarf at some point?

Ah, but kids these days have been conditioned to constantly wear their ID on a lanyard for all to see, since the day they started school. (Even though any workplace with a brain will tell you to remove your lanyard the second you leave the site for security reasons.)
... Which is a whole other debate I won't derail this thread with.
It definitely seems to be a trend of the last decade or so. Wearing lanyards for the hell of it in various settings. I get you need a card and stuff to tap/swipe in and out of places, use in vending machines etc, and prove ID. But how did we cope beforehand?

I have to wear something identifying me all day at work, and I despise it. Just makes confrontations with people more personal.