• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Devon's Crealy General Discussion

To quote "An Audience With Sooty" (from which I also nicked the "right hand man" line), they're "stunt bears"

Turns out it's all on youtube because of course it is:

Had no idea Sooty was still a thing. I assumed they were just showing re-runs of the old shows.

Does seem to be a very dated IP to use though. Can't imagine it's going to have the impact of TL, Peppa Pig or Cbeebies does but I assume they knew that going into the deal so imagine the fees involved are a lot smaller.

Good luck to them though.

Grandparents used to watch it, then with their children, who are now parents, who use the grandparents for cheap babysitting, who take the grandchildren to see the shows.
Incredibly popular back in the sixties when kids tv was "Watch with Mother" late morning and just an hour at tea.
Sooty was brought in to replace Muffin the Mule, which had become a criminal offence.*
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy
Edit* Barry Cryer joke, around 1980.
Double edit...Brean still held the rights until the end of last year, hence the new "owners".

Last edited:
Chessington World Of Adventures have announced the removal of Jungle Bus, their juvenile Mini Miami attraction. Crealy are gaining this style of ride as part of Sooty Land. Does anyone besides me feel that Jungle Bus could be rethemed, restored and relocated down South to Crealy?

Lets hope so.
Always had a bit of suspicion about Father Christmas as well.
And the Easter Bunny @rob666

Chessington World Of Adventures have announced the removal of Jungle Bus, their juvenile Mini Miami attraction. Crealy are gaining this style of ride as part of Sooty Land. Does anyone besides me feel that Jungle Bus could be rethemed, restored and relocated down South to Crealy?
I guess that’s possible; it would make a nice fit! Although I don’t know how old Jungle Bus is, admittedly…

And the Easter Bunny @rob666

Every site I've seen reporting on the removal of Jungle Bus has said it has reached end of life, so will likely be replaced by a brand new model at Chessington. Almost certainly if that is the case it won't have any 2nd hand value, also with the custom Indian inspired paint job at CWoA getting an off the shelf model for Crealy would be so much easier.

Every site I've seen reporting on the removal of Jungle Bus has said it has reached end of life, so will likely be replaced by a brand new model at Chessington. Almost certainly if that is the case it won't have any 2nd hand value, also with the custom Indian inspired paint job at CWoA getting an off the shelf model for Crealy would be so much easier.
You say this although many Chessington rides "that have reached the end of their mechanical life" have been sold to other locations .Examples of such attractions are The Black Buckaneer which was sold to a Travelling German Fairground, Rodeo which went to another forghen Fair,Samari which went to Thorpe Park and Peeking Hight's that guess what... went to another Travelling Fair.

You say this although many Chessington rides "that have reached the end of their mechanical life" have been sold to other locations .Examples of such attractions are The Black Buckaneer which was sold to a Travelling German Fairground, Rodeo which went to another forghen Fair,Samari which went to Thorpe Park and Peeking Hight's that guess what... went to another Travelling Fair.

Samurai hadn't reached the end of its lifespan when it moved to Thorpe (although it is getting close to the end now I think given the number of breakdowns).
That was moved because Chessington was moving away from having thrill rides in the park as Tussauds now owned Thorpe Park which was concentrating more on thrills.

Peeking Heights was also removed to refurbish the area to add new tiger enclosures, nothing to do with the rides lifespan.

Yes Black Buccaneer had reached end of life and was sold, but I imagine was easy to refurb and a fair showman would be more willing to take on that project.

For a small park like Crealy, buying a ride at the end of its life, that has an existing paintjob not in keeping with their park would be madness. Far easier and cheaper in the long-run to get a new one and go with the off-the-shelf crazy bus theming.

Last edited:
Samurai hadn't reached the end of its lifespan when it moved to Thorpe (although it is getting close to the end now I think given the number of breakdowns).
That was moved because Chessington was moving away from having thrill rides in the park as Tussauds now owned Thorpe Park which was concentrating more on thrills.

Peeking Heights was also removed to refurbish the area to add new tiger enclosures, nothing to do with the rides lifespan.

Yes Black Buccaneer had reached end of life and was sold, but I imagine was easy to refurb and a fair showman would be more willing to take on that project.

For a small park like Crealy, buying a ride at the end of its life, that has an existing paintjob not in keeping with their park would be madness. Far easier and cheaper in the long-run to get a new one and go with the off-the-shelf crazy bus theming.
@jon81uk if Crealy did invest in The Jungle Bus it would be far more ecofriendly, as no new plastic,metel or machinal l components would have to be made. It would also be cheaper as the ride has been used. Crealy could easily send Jungle Bus away to be repainted. Actually an existing Crealy ride The Honey Swinger is currently offsite being renovated. This ride is expected to return in a few months after its rejuvenation. The Honey Swinger would be much harder to refurbish, it has Bee models attached to it and has been giving people rides since 1996. This means The Honey Swinger predates the Jungle Bus by 8 years. A lot of smaller Parks Purchase second hand rides so the relocation of The Jungle Bus is surely not off of the cards?
Finally another existing Crealy ride The Flying Machine has aulos been refurbished and relocated with the park to make way for Sooty Land

@jon81uk if Crealy did invest in The Jungle Bus it would be far more ecofriendly, as no new plastic,metel or machinal l components would have to be made. It would also be cheaper as the ride has been used. Crealy could easily send Jungle Bus away to be repainted. Actually an existing Crealy ride The Honey Swinger is currently offsite being renovated. This ride is expected to return in a few months after its rejuvenation. The Honey Swinger would be much harder to refurbish, it has Bee models attached to it and has been giving people rides since 1996. This means The Honey Swinger predates the Jungle Bus by 8 years. A lot of smaller Parks Purchase second hand rides so the relocation of The Jungle Bus is surely not off of the cards?
Finally another existing Crealy ride The Flying Machine has aulos been refurbished and relocated with the park to make way for Sooty Land
You get a like, just for "aulos".
Thought it was a ride refurbishment company.