• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Devon's Crealy General Discussion

if Crealy did invest in The Jungle Bus it would be far more ecofriendly, as no new plastic,metel or machinal l components would have to be made. It would also be cheaper as the ride has been used. Crealy could easily send Jungle Bus away to be repainted.
I'm still not convinced that second hand would be a good investment for them. A new one should last 20 years, as Chessingtons has. Replacing enough parts to make it also last 20 years again would effectivly mean replacing quite a lot of it if it is truly end of life. The cost of purchasing the second hand ride and then purchasing the parts needed, fitting them and painting it is likely more than a new model.

If someone asked you if you wanted a second hand 21 year old car, but you need to remove the engine and replace it and repaint the whole thing, or you can get a brand new one that should last 20 years, which would you rather have?

Last edited:
I've been informed that Soo's Sweet Balloon Ride( the Samba Balloon attraction) opening at Crealy later this year is second-hand. Could \is this be Dreamland's Up Up And Away ride? UP Up And Away only opened at Dreamland Margate in 2017. The attraction would have been a bargain for a Theme Park looking to install a new ride. I'm asking this question,as it's common knowledge that Dreamland have sold Up Up And Away alongside all of the other Zamperla rides.

Be worth waiting until it is open then somebody might be able to ID it. Possibly.

Is it worth a visit there? As we staying in Devon in August and it’s only just over a
Hour away from where we staying.
We were 50 mins away and was a great day with a 2 and 5 year old.

Plenty to do, not just rides, but play areas, woodland obstacle courses etc. They also had a circus type show on (30 mins) and an egg hunt across the whole park which was well done.

Sooty will be a great addition as well which will be open by then. We’re in Devon a lot and haven’t been before, but will defiantly be back.

Had an enjoyable day at Crealy yesterday, although I hope they had more visitors over the rest of the Jubilee weekend as everything was walk on.

The new Sooty Land and show was great for my kids (5 and 2). As annual passholders at Drayton Manor they were familiar with the rides (essentially Diesel, Jeremey, Bertie and James rides) so enjoyed them, and it was good to see a few old set pieces from the show etc.

Away from Sooty Land and it was good to see the log flume and Maximus coaster height restriction at only 92cm. My 2 year old loved them both, by far the biggest rides he's been on to date.

There were plenty of food options and a variety of different play areas/soft play that offered something different.

There looks to be a big area for expansion too, so hopefully Sooty Land proves successful and they can expand a bit in the future.