• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disney Buys Lucasfilm (Inc STARWARS!)

If you have capital going spare, and you're looking to buy something, no better time than a recession really.

The private equity industry in Europe will remain a “buyers' market” for the rest of the decade, according to the chairman of UK buyout firm Terra Firma, as the number of funds actively able to invest dwindles.

Guy Hands
(who looks a bit like Adrian Chiles), Terra Firma (UK Buyout Firm)

Source

I am looking forward to the new Star Wars movie even more now that JJ Abrams is going to be involved. If he can work his Magic (See what I did there) like he did with Star Trek, 2015 could be a great year.

(Source)

Ian

The saddest thing about all this, is that it pretty much confirms that we will never see another Monkey Island game. Disney would never make something that clashes with the might of Pirates of the Caribbean. :( Especially when the creator of MI openly admits he was inspired by riding POTC.... then accuses Disney of ripping off elements of Monkey Island for the second film (IE: voodoo lady who lives in a swamp).

Looks like Guybrush has buckled his last swash :'(

You say that, but point and click adventures are making a niche comeback. You can keep your fingers crossed that someone like telltale buy the IP. Or lucasarts wants to tap into that market with a nicely established IP.

Annoyingly, it does clash with potc so you have a point. :(

First I've heard of this about JJ Abrams directing, it's not surprising though. I got dragged along to the 2009 Star Trek film he did and ended up really enjoying it so this is exciting.

I'm wondering how the fans are reacting to both franchises being in the same hands. :eek:

Well the line for autographs at Comic-Con is sure to extend into a galaxy far far away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk