Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by Maelstrom, 28th Apr 2014.

1. Rowe

Rowe TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The new Liseberg dark ride, probably
    In possible relation to this, Disneyland Paris is having a change of Senior Vice Presidents with their current SVP Joe Schott moving to California with Daniel Delcourt, who has worked in Anaheim in Lodging and Downtown Disney with 17 years of experience, apparently he was also Vice President of the Disneyland Paris hotels at one point.

2. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

Why is adding Spiderman instead of Aerosmith suddenly going to make a coaster with a 1.2m height restriction child friendly? The pre-show and theming on the Paris version of RnR was always inferior to Florida so I think I would rather have an original concept.

If that is also the only attraction you like at Disney then I think you are better going to other parks, Disney will never be the most thrilling with tallest, fastest etc but they will be well themed and generally suitable for all.

3. Rose Of Dawn

Rose Of Dawn TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland)
    If that was for any other Disney park, I'd believe it. But DLP? The forgotten runt of the litter? Somehow I can't see anything this interesting happening.

4. Machin

Machin TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Duel
    I'm sad to see all the hate for RnR! Still one of my favourite coasters to this day, combining my two favourite things, a coaster, and lighting!

I guess it's just one of those marmite rides!

5. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    RnRC is far from a great coaster, but I've always rather liked it largely because of the light show. I won't be sorry to see the back of the sweet emotion train though, that always makes the ride feel much slower!

Hopefully both dark coasters will get more reliable on ride audio in the future. RnRC in particular is a far poorer experience without sound.

6. Scott

Scott Former TS Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    RnR definitely isn't a fantastic coaster but it is a damn enjoyable ride. The theme is a bit bland in my opinion but is done well and is quite entertaining. It's definitely smoother than Space Mountain as well which helps it in my book!

As John has said though, the experience is dull without the sound - which is becoming quite an issue with the ride.

Posted 1st May 2014
  7. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I really like the RnR in both Paris and Florida. It's not a great coaster but it's good fun and surprisingly smooth for a Vekoma. I do agree about the onride audio though, when it's not working it really lessens the experience. The audio wasn't exactly reliable when I was there.

:)

Posted 1st May 2014
  8. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Me and Hils had a failed launch on RnR while we were there. The countdown ended and the music was pumping through our headrests, but we went nowhere. Then after about 30 seconds, without any warning, we launched. The audio continued until we got to the top of the first inversion, then it cut out. Without it, the ride is dull.
    There was also a noticable lack of smoke in the show building, meaning the lighting was reduced to a selection of flashing things with no beams. :(

A real shame, as it's usually the only ride I rate in both parks.

Posted 1st May 2014
  9. Joelio

Joelio TowersStreet Member

To be fair though, ToT is the best ride in both parks and you neglected to ride it.

As with the above announcements though, I'm going to air on the side of caution till atleast one thing from that list has been implemented. As it's not official and the sources seemed lacking I'm inclined to believe it is a pipe dream from a disappointed fan. We shall see though, I'd love to be proven wrong!

Of this list, I only really believe they'll add Star Tours 2: The Adventure Continues and a phase 2 star wars land after the films launch with the Jedi Academy and the Mos Eisely Cantina to replace Pizza Planet. Rumours also pointed towards the glory of classic Space Mountain returning for the 20th but much like the above, I'll believe it after I've ridden it...

Posted 8th May 2014
  10. Lordy

Lordy TowersStreet Member

The main park still isn't get much though, is it?

And BTM seem to get more refurbs than annual maintenance....

I'd really like to see a proper big new attraction, Splash Mountain style. And Star Tours can die for all I care, I really dont get all the fuss about them attractions. They should get rid of Star Tours, the theatre and Pizza Planet, and built a nice big new e-ticket attraction. Say a Wall-e dark ride? With restaurant etc?

Posted 8th May 2014
  11. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

The main Disneyland Park doesn't need as much work done for new attractions, more just tidying up what is there, plus improvements (such as the new film into Star Tours).

The studios park doesn't quite feel like it gels together properly so needs more work to give it proper identy.

Posted 9th May 2014
  12. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Interesting Looopings article, not sure of its veracity.

More promising than the previously leaked plan, which I don't think mentioned Midway Mania.

13. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Another interesting Looopings article.

She's right - Phantom Manor isn't very good, and a betrayal of the entire point of the original ride ("We'll take care of the outside and let the ghosts take care of the inside"). Hopefully these rumours are true and it'll get a complete re-think to make it actually, err, fun, rather than the A-Level art project that it currently is.

Edit:

From the Dateline Disney Twitter.

Dateline Disneyland ‏@DatelineDisney Aug 9
    Alice Davis says she thinks Phantom Manor in Paris would have Walt in "a tizzy" because that attraction is designed to look rundown.

Dateline Disneyland
    ‏@DatelineDisney
    Alice Davis also notes show quality in Paris and that it's "better to have it closed" than to have bad show.

Dateline Disneyland ‏@DatelineDisney Aug 9
    Bob Gurr says they need to have Tony Baxter to come "speak freely" about Phantom Manor now that "he doesn't work for the company anymore."

14. Scott

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    I quite enjoy Phantom Manor - though I think the biggest negative I had was that when I last visited, so many of the cars were out of action and simply covered with black sheeting like a bin bag...

15. Martin

Martin TowersStreet Member

I don't remember Phantom Manor being bad at all. It wasn't outstanding and there were weaker points but I really enjoyed it.

16. Lordy

Lordy TowersStreet Member

I thought it was pretty spectacular, defintely the best haunted house style attraction that I have been on (and that includes wdw's Haunted Mansion)

17. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    I also enjoy Phantom Manor. The exterior may not be to Walt's original intention, but inside it's a solid dark ride.

18. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Positive DLP updates.

Looopings reports that after lying empty for two years, the park are again going to stage a show in The Chaparral Stage behind BTM.

[​IMG]

Pirates is undergoing refurbishment until 12 September (InsideDLParis)

The park have been adding extra theming to Main Street to hide the Disney Dreams! projectors.

[​IMG]

(InsideDLParis)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Earful Tower at Studios is being refurbished with a new park logo (InsideDLParis)

Lastly, the newly refurbished restaurants at Newport Bay have opened. Here's the Yacht Club:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is Cape Cod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All photos from InsideDLParis on Facebook.

Restaurants look perfectly pleasant, but maybe a little bland? It's a shame that Disney seem unable to get that incredible detail from their parks into their resort hotels.

Posted 4th Sep 2014
  19. Scott

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    So glad Chaparral is being used again - it's such a huge waste of space currently!

Ian likes this.
    Posted 5th Sep 2014
  20. CGM

CGM TowersStreet Member

The Yacht Club looks like a Wetherspoons at a regional airport.

djtruefitt, Ramius, Sam and 1 other person like this.
    Posted 5th Sep 2014