• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

I doubt it - the Star Wars project at least is already well under way. This may of course delay things, but I don't think it'll result in outright cancellation.

Is it? I thought only the Marvel stuff is well underway and for the rest of the expansion it is just the land clearance? I would expect construction on the rest of WDS expansion to be delayed for several years.

Is it? I thought only the Marvel stuff is well underway and for the rest of the expansion it is just the land clearance? I would expect construction on the rest of WDS expansion to be delayed for several years.

Marvel is underway and clearance for the lake and Frozen area has started.

Rumour was that Star Wars was potentially canned even before Covid.

Last edited:
Closing for 4 weeks to open for the next 4 busy Xmas weeks and then shut for another 3 to 4 weeks in Jan won't give off a very good message.

Doesn't suggest they are putting safety first if they do that. It just says they don't want to miss out on that incredibly lucrative 4 weeks in December.

Either stay open throughout or don't open at all.

Closing for 4 weeks to open for the next 4 busy Xmas weeks and then shut for another 3 to 4 weeks in Jan won't give off a very good message.

Doesn't suggest they are putting safety first if they do that. It just says they don't want to miss out on that incredibly lucrative 4 weeks in December.

The closure until Feb is more linked to the fact the guest numbers have been low. They must have calculated that during the quiet Jan/Feb period that they would be even worse off so have decided to close for that long even if the lockdown has been lifted.

If conditions in France allow, they will reopen for Christmas which is always popular. If the lockdown is still in place in December then they won’t.

they are only looking to open for the busy two week Christmas holiday period. It’s two weeks not 3-4. I expect if the park was allowed to open for Covid reasons for the Christmas fortnight there is no reason they couldn’t stay open for January/February. But that is their quietist time of year so they would know if the number of bookings makes it financially viable.

Basically they are closing now due to Covid. If the Covid rules improve they will open for Christmas.
Due to low guest numbers, cold weather and Covid travel restrictions it is likely not financially worthwhile to be open in January.

Disney ran an ‘Inside Ears’ fan event last night to confirm the upcoming changes for 2021 at DLP.

A few highlights:

Firstly, any mention of the new Marvel Land was noticeably absent from the announcement. Originally scheduled to open in Spring 2021, this now looks to have been pushed back until at least 2022.

Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast will reopen in Feb 2021 after its full refurb.

The rethemed New York Hotel will finally re-open as the Art of Marvel next year.

Two new attractions at the Studios Park, the rethemed Studio Tram Tour, into Cars Route 66, and a new show where Disney Jr Live previously ran.

Finally, Sleeping Beauty Castle will undergo a large scale refurbishment starting Jan 2021 and lasting until the 30th Anniversary (so presumably April 2022). This will include the complete replacement of some turrets. A large themed tarp will be constructed whilst the work takes place.

It's going to be another bad year for Disney parks sadly. Can't see social distancing being stopped until very late in 2021 at the earliest which basically means that Disney parks are going to be a very expensive trip for a much watered down product yet again.

These improvements are very welcome though. Makes a lot of sense to get the castle done in 2021 when crowds aren't going to be back to normal for a long old time yet.

2022 Marvel Land seems rather likely now

Last edited:
DLP confirmed closed until at least the 2nd April :(
139929904_1445126785819308_4814556451325554816_o.jpg

I'm glad they've cracked on with the castle refurbishment while the park is closed as the castle surrounded by scaffolding is the one thing no one wants to see while walking down Main Street. (even if it is covered in a themed scrim).

I just hope they do a better job with the colour palette than they did in Florida because I think they made Cinderella Castle look cheap.

Provided they don’t attack it with that horribly over-saturated blue on the spires it’ll hopefully look fine. Cinderella Castle looks very plastic and artificial now because of that.

Me again, sorry.

For those concerned with any potential colour changes to the castle as happened with Magic Kingdom, it looks like they will be keeping things the same when it comes to the roofs in any case. New ones have arrived today.

Me again, sorry.

For those concerned with any potential colour changes to the castle as happened with Magic Kingdom, it looks like they will be keeping things the same when it comes to the roofs in any case. New ones have arrived today.

I read on Facebook that they were the old turrets going to be refurbished. They new concepts show the same colour scheme as Cinderella Castle with dark blue turrets replacing the turquoise ones.

I’ve just spent an hour or so listening to this podcast from DLPReport with Imagineer Jim Shull - he has designed many rides and attractions for DLP over the years. Thought I would pop the link in here in case anyone fancies listening, I would certainly recommend it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/dlp-report-podcast/id1486570823?i=1000510104349

Also, Jim has a Twitter account @jimshull where he has been sharing many photos of DLP over the years including some great construction photos that haven’t been seen before. Also worth a look. :)

Probably no surprise, but Disneyland Paris pride, Electroland, and the fun run 5th edition have all been cancelled for the 2021 season.

Following rumours it maybe have been cancelled seems a Star Wars land is still planned for Paris however it won't be the originally planned smaller version of Galaxy's Edge. Instead of the new planet Batuu; the theme/land will shift to places seen in the films and series considering the success of the Mandalorian.
Rise of the Resistance and Smugglers Run "type rides" are still planned. No time scale given.

Following rumours it maybe have been cancelled seems a Star Wars land is still planned for Paris however it won't be the originally planned smaller version of Galaxy's Edge. Instead of the new planet Batuu; the theme/land will shift to places seen in the films and series considering the success of the Mandalorian.
Rise of the Resistance and Smugglers Run "type rides" are still planned. No time scale given.

I think that is as close as we will see to Disney/Lucasfilm admitting that Batuu didn't really work and guests wanted locations they are more familiar with.

I thought the new land at Walt Disney Studios Park was only meant to have Smugglers Run so this is a surprise to hear it might get Rise of the Resistance too!