• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

I think Ratatouille is pretty poor given the cost.

It lacks a 'WOW' moment.

:)

Don't forget that DLP costs bear little to no relation to real world costs and even then a huge chunk is wrapped up in the parks Europe-wide marketing campaigns for the year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Most of the cost of Ratatouille went on the animation and voice acting... Since they actually got Pixar to do all the bespoke stuff (plus I assume, the screen tech)...

Like any dark ride, when everything is working, it's a fantastic attraction...

Even then, I don't think it's fantastic. I've done all the Disney trackless dark rides, and it's definitely the least good. Of course, it's not a bad ride at all - but it just doesn't really have a wow factor. That one scene where your jaw drops and you just find yourself amazed by something.

• Hunny Hunt has the room where all the cars dance together and somehow ends up better than Ratatouille even if the queue/station/set-up all feels lower budget than it
  • Mystic Manor, well - need I say more?

It's all just a bit... safe.

Ratatouille is solid and safe; Disney are capable of far better. It also has a woefully inadequate capacity.

The best part about it is the beautiful plaza they created along with the wonderful Bistrot Chez Rémy!

Having re-ridden it a few days ago, I'd go as far as saying Ratatouille is poor. The recreated Paris street-scene in miniature is an anti-climax when the real thing is 45 minutes tube ride away, and the ride itself is an incoherent screen-fest with headache inducing 3D and a failure to cover up the blank ceilings and blank floors.

Symbolica is a significantly better ride, without question.

I have to agree with people on Ratatouille, I like it but I wasn't exactly like "Wow this is amazing!" since I think it utilised too heavy on screens. Plus with it being based off Paris and the real thing is up the road, it's a bit weird when you think about it.

Saying that, the restaurant next to the ride is absolutely amazing :D

BREAKING NEWS! Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at DLP Walt Disney Studios Park to be transformed in Iron Man ride!
It was just announced at D23 Expo Japan that the Marvel Super Hero universe will also come to Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris, where Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith will be totally reimagined as a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure, in which guests will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers.

NOT announced at D23 Japan, but D&M insider infos are saying that the re-theming at WDS Rock and Roller Coaster for the new Iron Man ride will start this fall with an opening eventually for DLP WDS 2019 Summer of Marvel Super Heroes! (this has to be confirmed officially)
From "Disney & More"

Not quite the new ride that is needed but if it does turn out to be the start of a retheme to the whole left part of studios then well needed in its own right.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Does this mean that we can expect GotG: Mission Évasion to replace Paris' ToT soon? Also, is the Orlando Rock'n'Rollercoaster also being rethemed?

Does this mean that we can expect GotG: Mission Évasion to replace Paris' ToT soon? Also, is the Orlando Rock'n'Rollercoaster also being rethemed?

No, and definitely no!

The latest rumours are that ToT at Paris is safe, and Disney cannot use Iron Man as an IP in Orlando.

Not going to lie, I think it's a shame they're doing this. The ride always lacked a tasteful exterior and the Aerosmith theme may be slightly outdated, but I've come to realise recently how much I like the whole concept, particularly the alternating soundtrack. It would have been interesting to see it be rethemed to a more relevant band or star and receive an exterior revamp, but obviously external IPs are strictly a no-no now.

This has now been officially confirmed by Disney.
Disney said:
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park to Receive Marvel Transformation

Popular stories and characters from the Marvel universe are already being incorporated into Disneyland Paris in the form of this summer’s Marvel Summer of Super Heroes celebration, plus plans for Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel.

Now, it appears more super hero fun is on the way. It was just announced at D23 Expo Japan that the Marvel Super Hero universe will also come to Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris, where Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith will be totally reimagined as a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure, in which guests will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information on this attraction’s transformation.

dlp2394876-624x352.jpg

Interesting, saw that artwork earlier and assumed it was for different Iron Man attraction at a different park but if Disney are linking it too then maybe not. I really wonder where in the existing attraction building that could fit?! Do we think the current outdoor queueline will be built over with a properly themed queue?

Not going to lie, I think it's a shame they're doing this. The ride always lacked a tasteful exterior and the Aerosmith theme may be slightly outdated, but I've come to realise recently how much I like the whole concept, particularly the alternating soundtrack. It would have been interesting to see it be rethemed to a more relevant band or star and receive an exterior revamp, but obviously external IPs are strictly a no-no now.

But the Paris Aerosmith theme never made any sense compared to the Florida one anyway. In Florida you took a "limo" to the concert as Aerosmith got you backstage passes. But in Paris they explained it is a roller coaster and killed the magic.

If there is no major plan to do anything to Florida’s in the next few years they should move some of that lighting rig to RnRC in Florida....

I wonder if they are going to take this opportunity to replace the trains with new harnesses (as per Space Mountain), whilst not as rough a ride as SM:M2 was it would still be a great upgrade.

RnRC Paris was better than Florida's though... Sometimes coasters don't need a story, especially given that the original over-arching theme of the Studios park...

If there is no story then don't have a pre-show. If there is a pre-show to explain the story, don't make the story that you are about to ride the best rollercoaster ever. Florida's RnRC has a great pre-show and theming set up. Paris RnRC would have been better with no pre-show, or an exact copy of the Florida one.

If there is no story then don't have a pre-show. If there is a pre-show to explain the story, don't make the story that you are about to ride the best rollercoaster ever. Florida's RnRC has a great pre-show and theming set up. Paris RnRC would have been better with no pre-show, or an exact copy of the Florida one.

Personally I always thought the story of the Florida version was flawed and anticlimactic. The plot is that you're taking a limo to an Aerosmith concert... But once you "arrive", you're shown the exit. The supposed "big event" that the ride builds up to never arrives.

Meanwhile, the Paris one is more high concept - it doesn't make it clear whether you're taking part in an Aerosmith concert/recording session, or even if the ride is just a multisensory representation of their music, but it's left to your interpretation, and restores the climax to what it should be - the ride itself.