• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

We're looking to book to go to DLP next year after our 2020 (and then 2021) trips were cancelled due to COVID. Usually when we have booked there has been the meal plans included in hotel bookings but when I look now this doesn't seem to be the case for any of the "deals" currently on. In fact, the "deals" don't look like deals at all, just standard hotel only bookings. I hope this changes else it will add another €400 odd onto the price of our holiday.

We're looking to book to go to DLP next year after our 2020 (and then 2021) trips were cancelled due to COVID. Usually when we have booked there has been the meal plans included in hotel bookings but when I look now this doesn't seem to be the case for any of the "deals" currently on. In fact, the "deals" don't look like deals at all, just standard hotel only bookings. I hope this changes else it will add another €400 odd onto the price of our holiday.

Disney have decided to punish Joe public for Covid apparently. They have removed a lot of deals and also free fast pass.

The sooner the CEO gets the sack the better.

Disney have decided to punish Joe public for Covid apparently. They have removed a lot of deals and also free fast pass.

The sooner the CEO gets the sack the better.
I agree on the FastPass now being charged being a bad move and charging for things.
(upcharge events are more of a Disneyworld Florida thing than Paris).
But promotions were just that, special offers or promotions. Sometimes I go to Tesco and a product is £1, but the “normal” price is £2. I don’t think the room price has gone up significantly, they just aren’t offering the dining promotions.

I'm heading to DLP in a few days. Wasn't originally intending to but in the current climate it was a case of hobson's choice as my parents live in France and I want a park!

The admission fees are eye-watering currently. £162 for a 2 day admission and keep in mind no RNR etc. plus no major entertainment, significant f&b reductions and less hours.

Thankfully we're there the day before paid fastpass arrives.

DLP fleece you for £81 a day while Efteling take £38.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I don't think £81 for a ticket to Disneyland Park is bad value for money when it could cost you £60 for Alton Towers, I get other parks are cheaper but I still don't think it's bad value for money.

As for visiting the day before Fastpass retires, it's already been removed hasn't it? Everything's been removed?

The difference between Towers and DLP pricing is far more than that, online tickets for AT are £39, the £60 price is largely irrelevant. Also worth noting That DLP currently has no end of day show, minimal entertainment/shows during the day and most of the walkthroughs are closed. Then there's all the closures in WDS (including RnRC) to prepare for Avengers.

We're going the day before paid fastrack is introduced - there is no fastpass at all currently, which should mean fast moving queues.

I don't think £81 for a ticket to Disneyland Park is bad value for money when it could cost you £60 for Alton Towers, I get other parks are cheaper but I still don't think it's bad value for money.

As for visiting the day before Fastpass retires, it's already been removed hasn't it? Everything's been removed?
£81 is based on a TWO DAY entry to DLP. A 1-day ticket on the day costs more.

Alton Towers is £39 online.

Of course DLP will be more but have some perspective.

Please.

£81 is based on a TWO DAY entry to DLP. A 1-day ticket on the day costs more.

Alton Towers is £39 online.

Of course DLP will be more but have some perspective.

Please.

It’s between £44 and £49 for a 2 day ticket for Alton Towers depending on when you book.

When you consider that with Disney you are gaining access to 2 parks with a minimum of 3.5 hours more in the park (and that’s assuming AT is open from 10-6 on the same day) I’m not really sure that the price difference is that unreasonable.

There’s a valid point to be made about RnR being closed and the lack of shows etc but I’m not sure the difference is that bad.

The thing about Disney which bugs me (and this applies to their Florida parks as well) is the amount of downtime with their attractions. It’s lucky that they do open as late as they do as it took into about 8pm for Space Mountain to be ridable last time I went.

It’s between £44 and £49 for a 2 day ticket for Alton Towers depending on when you book.

When you consider that with Disney you are gaining access to 2 parks with a minimum of 3.5 hours more in the park (and that’s assuming AT is open from 10-6 on the same day) I’m not really sure that the price difference is that unreasonable.

There’s a valid point to be made about RnR being closed and the lack of shows etc but I’m not sure the difference is that bad.

The thing about Disney which bugs me (and this applies to their Florida parks as well) is the amount of downtime with their attractions. It’s lucky that they do open as late as they do as it took into about 8pm for Space Mountain to be ridable last time I went.

The £44-49 price for AT is the total for two days, so about £22 per day.
Disneyland Paris is £81 per day for a two park ticket, or £50-£80 per day for one park per day.
The price difference is huge, but its usually worth it for the Disney parks due to the meet and greats, parades and fireworks, none of which are currently taking place due to Covid.

Surely the £81 is for the 2 day park hopper? So you get 2 parks for it?

Yes it is a park hopper but was pointing out the price is per day of a two day ticket, so £162 total price.

Also yes you can enter both parks in the same day but doesn't mean you can always do more as the day is still the same length of time!

The £44-49 price for AT is the total for two days, so about £22 per day.
Disneyland Paris is £81 per day for a two park ticket, or £50-£80 per day for one park per day.
The price difference is huge, but its usually worth it for the Disney parks due to the meet and greats, parades and fireworks, none of which are currently taking place due to Covid.

Ahhhhjhh I didn’t realise that.

That is a huge difference then!

The high single day ticket price has always put us off visiting for just a day. Always think about going for a day when driving abroad, but can not justify the price.

When we look at booking as a family, it always works out feeling like you get a better deal by booking a stay at one of the hotels rather than buying a multi day ticket and stopping somewhere else.

Without the discounts they usually have, and the reduced offering, we cant justify paying the Disney price yet.

I do like some of the things they are doing, and I am sure the Imagineers are working hard to come up with Covid friendly ways to ensure guests can enjoy that Disney Magic. Some of the AR stuff looks fun, and the selfies are a nice idea but they can not replace moments like this which is what you pay the Disney extra for :hearteyes:
14470411_10154058592708877_34474661536610382_n.jpg

Turns out paid fastpass (premier access) has launched earlier than advertised, prices of up to €15/person/ride. Didn't see many takers over the last few days, hardly surprising with main queues of around 30 minutes on the rides on which it's available.

The removal of FP has made a colossal difference to the speed of the queues though. Full queue on BTM = 30min. ToT to the entrance = 20 minutes. I always found FP something of a nuisance, I won't miss it at DLP.

Last edited:
The removal of FP has made a colossal difference to the speed of the queues though. Full queue on BTM = 30min. ToT to the entrance = 20 minutes. I always found FP something of a nuisance, I won't miss it at DLP.
Maybe this was Disney’s rationale behind making it paid?

Maybe this was Disney’s rationale behind making it paid?
Sure. They've also made all those people redundant across their parks worldwide because they were concerned about the amount of time they were spending with their families. They're getting rid of the coach service from MCO to Disney World to save the environment. Nothing to do with money at all ......

Future PR Manager in the making you are our Matt

Along with a new Christmas Parade DLP have also finally announced return dates for the main Parade, Illuminations , Stars on Parade, Lion King and Buffet meals!
a37c980785d91ef256cece23c4da9231.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk