• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

You don’t need to book your hotel breakfast if you’re already on a full price dining plan. Just turn up at the hotel restaurant, show your Magic Pass and they’ll seat you. You may need to wait a few minutes if there’s a queue, but it’ll depend what time you go down at.

The only people who normally have to book are those paying for their breakfast without a plan. It is a bit confusing though so don’t feel like you’ve missed something obvious!

If you got the dining plan included free in a holiday package or discounted you’ll be eating somewhere else in Disney Village or one of the parks. When you check in you’ll be told by the receptionist where to go for your breakfast (they generally try to distribute everyone across different outlets to avoid any one place being overwhelmed).

It's great news and so badly needed at that park. Every time we visit we only ever spend a few hrs in the Studios park.

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the amount of new attractions there will be though. Just 1 in the Frozen Land and 1 in the mini Star Wars land (it it still goes ahead) is really not that great given the size of this expansion. You'd hope they will add further rides to both lands in phase two.

Marvel Land looks good though.

I just saw this really interesting video from ReviewTyme about Terrorific Nights, a Halloween event that ran at Walt Disney Studios from 2008 to 2012:

Did anyone on here ever get to visit this event? And if so, what did you think?

It certainly looks pretty intense even excluding the Disney factor... I'm not remotely surprised that the Walt Disney Company supposedly considered it too intense for the Disney brand!

DLP have today revealed more details of the plans for the 30th. The following video sums up the highlights:

Amongst other things, there is a garden and sculpture project (the most French thing you’ll ever see), a sneak peek of the new song for the anniversary, and details about the nighttime show which will include a drone display, currently being tested in Bordeaux.

In other news from a few days ago, DLP managed to troll their fans in hilarious fashion. The following image was posted on Twitter, which sparked much debate, speculation, panic and worry that Tower of Terror would be changing again:

dlp-tower.png

Spoiler, it’s not. It’s just part of the announcement for a new line of phone cases, with a play on drop resistance.

dlp-30th-phone-case-3.jpg

Someone in marketing clearly had a whale of a time :tearsofjoy:

I was really looking forward if they brought back Space Mountain from the earth to the moon for the Parks 30th anniversary, like when they converted it to Hyperspace Mountain for its 25th anniversary.

And nothing has changed from what I know...

Oh well... guess milking a franchise is far more important than listen to the fans :/

It is a good job it is backed by such a megacorporation though.
Am I right in thinking it has still never realised a legitimate profit after all these years?
Baleout after baleout every few years hasn't it?

My understanding is that over the years it often ran at a profit operationally, but the way the debt payments were structured meant it put them into a loss, hence the many attempts over the years to restructure the debt as there was an acknowledgement that the business was viable and made money, they were just loaded with too much debt from day one.

Who knows what the situation is now that the finances aren’t reported separately and it is all just part of Disney corporate.

I believe that after accounting for finances/debt structuring they have actually posted a profit at least once (I want to say around 2016ish?). The financial health of the park seemed to be on the up with Powel and Rafalski running things, but then of course COVID hit, and hit hard.

I don't know what other peoples thoughts are but so far from what I've seen I'm pretty disappointed for the line up for the 30th Anniversary. It doesn't really make sense that more effort went into the 25th than the 30th. I get we're still mid pandemic but it's a bit sad that there's no new parade / fireworks for Disneyland Park, I'm not keen on the branding for the 30th with the 'loading' bar on all of the merchandise and I can't say I'm enthralled by the snippet of the new song.

IMO compared to the 25th this all looks a bit naff with nothing drawing me in to visit.

I don't know what other peoples thoughts are but so far from what I've seen I'm pretty disappointed for the line up for the 30th Anniversary. It doesn't really make sense that more effort went into the 25th than the 30th. I get we're still mid pandemic but it's a bit sad that there's no new parade / fireworks for Disneyland Park, I'm not keen on the branding for the 30th with the 'loading' bar on all of the merchandise and I can't say I'm enthralled by the snippet of the new song.

IMO compared to the 25th this all looks a bit naff with nothing drawing me in to visit.

The ‘loading’ merchandise range is pretty pants, but it isn’t the main 30th range. It is an attempt to get fans to buy merchandise before the anniversary actually starts (I.e the 30th anniversary is ‘loading’ and will be here soon). Come March 6th the actual Merch will be released.

The big news of the 30th compared to 25th is of course they actually have a new ride coming to the resort (which let’s face it for DLP is a bigger deal than it should be for a theme park), as well as the rethemed RnRC and the whole Avengers Area.

The new pre show before Illuminations with the first use of drones in a Disney park show is pretty impressive and the large scale new stage show featuring 30 characters in the hub.

I’d say it was a pretty good effort pandemic or no pandemic.

Does the Avengers Campus at DLP have different phased openings or is the revamped Iron man Coaster and Spiderman attraction all we're getting?

Does the Avengers Campus at DLP have different phased openings or is the revamped Iron man Coaster and Spiderman attraction all we're getting?

Those are the two attractions, plus new restaurant, character meet and greet, the Spiderman stunt acrobatics from DCA are heavily rumoured though not confirmed, presume there'll be a shop also. The Quinjet theming was delivered yesterday evening and looking at the officially released photographs it looks like paving is now underway so the area should really take shape in the next few months.

Those are the two attractions, plus new restaurant, character meet and greet, the Spiderman stunt acrobatics from DCA are heavily rumoured though not confirmed, presume there'll be a shop also. The Quinjet theming was delivered yesterday evening and looking at the officially released photographs it looks like paving is now underway so the area should really take shape in the next few months.

So there won't be a new E ticket ride in there then? I read somewhere about an E ticket Avengers Dark Ride being installed but it must have been for one of the other resorts.

Here's hoping Paris does get it too at some point in the future. The stunt show arena is surely going to be removed at some point and that will leave a gap between the existing Avenger's Campus site and the lake/Star Wars land.

One thing I'm not too keen on, which seems to the trend for Disney at the moment, is these building of mini-lands centred around a single attraction (thinking Ratatouille, Frozen etc). The Studios park is really in need of more attractions to beef up its line up so it would be good to get a few more "filler" attractions being built into these new lands. Avengers in particular seems like a franchise that would be really easy to theme some extra rides to.