• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Do you think they will get rid of nemesis and air in the next 2 years?

bex

TS Member
Hey guys,

So i was thinking to myself how old are nemesis and air and i realized it is neme's 20th birthday and airs 12th birthday so in rollercoaster terms they are exceptionally old. Do you think merlin's entertainment will get rid of them in the next 2 years and replace them with something twice the size, speed and durability and come up with a nemesis and air 2.0 if you like?

Could this be a possibility?
What do you guys think?

Bex

Compared to the majority of coasters at Blackpool, they're both young nippers. Nemesis certainly won't be going anywhere within the next ten years, never mind two. Air's future is likely to be shorter compared to Nemesis, but it isn't going anywhere just yet. They assuredly are not "exceptionally old".

To be honest, there's no good reason to remove either of them within the next 2 years when they're still working well, albeit breakdowns, and gaining considerable queuelines, they'll both be at the park for several decades to come.

Nemesis and Air are not old, even in 'rollercoaster terms'. Even 30 isn't really what you'd describe as old for a theme park attraction. Up the road in Blackpool is where you'll find the old timers. :p

Even if Nemesis was aging (which it isn't, yet), it's such a good ride that it should just be maintained and kept for as long as possible anyway.

Unless a major catastrophe happens then there is no chance of either ride going in the next ten years, never mind two! I reckon they will last as long as Towers want them to last, with Nemesis maybe having a slightly shorter life span due to where it is built.

:)

ok so i guess they are not old. However what about AT building new coasters in the next 2 years where are they going to put them.... ?!

I have a strong feeling Air isn't going to last as long as Nemesis, due to the fact the trains seem to be forever breaking! :') But Neither will be going anywhere for a good 20 years to come!

Doesn't nemesis have a 40+ year guarantee and air 30 years + as with most b&ms

Nemesis will last aslong as the park does, only see groundwork being done in the future to make sure the supports still hold on the sides of the pit or something along those lines.

Air I can see needing to be refurbished in maybe 10-15 years, to bring it up to standard with it's more recent Flyers, but that's about it.

LordOfDarkness said:
Nemesis will last aslong as the park does, only see groundwork being done in the future to make sure the supports still hold on the sides of the pit or something along those lines.

Air I can see needing to be refurbished in maybe 10-15 years, to bring it up to standard with it's more recent Flyers, but that's about it.

Aside from changing the layout, how could you refurbish Air to bring it up with the newer models?

Bob said:
LordOfDarkness said:

Aside from changing the layout, how could you refurbish Air to bring it up with the newer models?

GETTING RID OF THAT HORRIBLE SCREECHING SOUND WHEN THE CAR UN-ASSUMES THE POSITION :'(

LordOfDarkness said:
GETTING RID OF THAT HORRIBLE SCREECHING SOUND WHEN THE CAR UN-ASSUMES THE POSITION :'(

Both Tatsu and Manta make that noise as well, if it was easy to get rid of then I assume those two wouldn't have the screeching noise either.

Well no I would get rid off Rita, smiler, spinball and thirteen first

not a chance just look at how long the vampire has been going at Chessington but nemisis is looking tierd and could do with a retheme

not a chance just look at how long the vampire has been going at Chessington but nemisis is looking tierd and could do with a retheme
I don't think it needs retheme, but it does need it's theming to be renovated. Hopefully it will get some next year for it's 21st birthday.