• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Doctor Who

It felt like a very RTD thing to do, making you think Donna is in impending doom until the last minute, only joking she's okay.

Solid episode. Always liked a who episode when it's just a small group in a tight space. Midnight springs to mind.

After my outbursts last week. Really good to see the late Mr Cribbins.

It felt like a very RTD thing to do, making you think Donna is in impending doom until the last minute, only joking she's okay.

Don't think it's solely a RTD thing since the whole "OMG THE CHARACTER IS DEAD... LOL JK" trope is a constant throughout media.

reminded me of a couple of early Twilight zone episodes. 2 characters. Confined situation. Plot twist at the end.

Still not happy it's Donna Noble we have but at least we didn't have her feeling the need to SHOUT AN ODD PART OF A SENTENCE every 2 mins.

Don't think it's solely a RTD thing since the whole "OMG THE CHARACTER IS DEAD... LOL JK" trope is a constant throughout media.
I'd swear this was a Moffat trope as he refused to have characters killed (looking at you Clara) which always pissed me off, at the very least Chibnall did avoid this trope at times of characters remaining dead as far as I remember.

I'd swear this was a Moffat trope as he refused to have characters killed (looking at you Clara) which always pissed me off, at the very least Chibnall did avoid this trope at times of characters remaining dead as far as I remember.

I’m still waiting to see Jenny, the Doctors daughter (and also real life wife) make a comeback after she came back to life and flew away. Any chance that RTD might pull her out for a surprise appearance in the final 60th special before Tennant goes?

I've just looked at the Imdb ratings for the best episodes of modern who and the top 10 are:
1. Blink
2. Heaven sent
3. Forest of the dead
4. Silence in the library
5. Vincent and the doctor
6. Day of the doctor
7. Girl in the fireplace
8. Doomsday
9. Family of blood
10. Journeys end
What do you guys think of that list from Imdb? I think it's pretty accurate in fairness all 10 of the episodes in the list are very good. Although I must say not seeing Dalek, Stolen earth and Midnight in the top 10 is somewhat criminal in my opinion. Dalek in particular is one of the best episodes of new who for me. What are your guys favourite episodes?

Interesting trivia note about girl in the fireplace. During filming Sophia Myles and David Tennant started dating for a short period of time.

I've just looked at the Imdb ratings for the best episodes of modern who and the top 10 are:
1. Blink
2. Heaven sent
3. Forest of the dead
6. Day of the doctor
7. Girl in the fireplace
8. Doomsday
9. Family of blood
10. Journeys end
What do you guys think of that list from Imdb? I think it's pretty accurate in fairness all 10 of the episodes in the list are very good. Although I must say not seeing Dalek, Stolen earth and Midnight in the top 10 is somewhat criminal in my opinion. Dalek in particular is one of the best episodes of new who for me. What are your guys favourite episodes?

That’s a very good list but I’m not that fond of Vincent And The Doctor myself, I’d probably swap it for Listen instead. But then again I’m one of the very few people that thinks Sleep No More is an underrated classic.

The Eleventh Hour is an excellent episode as well and so are Waters Of Mars and The Doctor’s Wife. Agree with you as well that Dalek is very good.

1. Blink
2. Heaven sent
3. Forest of the dead
6. Day of the doctor
7. Girl in the fireplace
8. Doomsday
9. Family of blood
10. Journeys end
I agree that Midnight should be on that list, one of the greatest New Who episodes ever.

Thoroughly enjoyed the final special. Neil Patrick Harris was great as the celestial toy maker.

Looking forward to Ncuti Gatwa in the role and the Xmas special.

It was a nice little way to a little bit of a reboot. In the "whoniverse" we now have a David Tennant living the high life with rose Tyler and a David Tennant living with the nobles. I just wish they had him bursting Into his old TARDIS at the end, but can't have it all.

These 3 episodes have been very good. I had my reservations after the first but they have been squashed. Kept Catherine Tate on a level that wasn't annoying.I did like how they mentioned the moffatt era companions, maybe a little dig towards moffatt always bottling killing a companion And the flux aswell, little thing of RTD saying, I like that idea? Who knows. really a nice little touch.

And...... Great to see Bonnie Langford back in Doctor who and a mention of the old companions.. especially adric.

I’ve been working with Bonnie recently on a big musical and had completely forgot she used to be a companion! How cool!

What a great trilogy of episodes that was. The bigeneration was a cool idea and clearly serves as a way to set up some sort of spin off (or at least to not put fans through the ordeal of losing Tennant again), although I did miss the utter melodrama of a proper regeneration on this occasion. Ncuti, as expected, seems to bring a new energy to the role and really looking forward to seeing where the show goes over the next couple of seasons.

I’ve not been this excited about a TV show… ever. As a huge DW fan when I was a kid this has been hitting all the right spots.

Bravo.

I wonder if there is going to be a spin off show.
There has been a few hints that this could be happening. I think the 'Rose' character is certainly in-line to have her own spin-off... and she has access to a tardis too.

In the BTS thing on BBC 3 they spoke of the "new UNIT set" which made me think that there is going to be something centered around that. The character set (including Bonnie) certainly would lend itself to that.

Unit could be the next Torchwood. (Minus the guess which accent barrowmans using this week.)

My guess is Tennant will be the Doctor they use in a emergency, give the older fans something to hold on to. Fetch in the nostalgia Freeing up Ncuti doctor to not be tied to much to the 60 years of who and the bizarre creative decisions made over the years.

The bi generation was in the toymakers reality. So will there be any comeback from this?