• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Awesome if true, but weren't the plans in that YouTube video drawn up by an enthusiast, ImagineerJohn possibly?

Maybe it's true, but the concept art looks a bit suspicious, and I can't see them doing this so soon after Ben 10.

Edit: Yeah it's an unofficial concept by John Burton Creative.

Exactly what I thought when I saw this. But let's hope its true :)
And if it is a coaster, the construction would have started by now.

John Burton has some incredible work which he has created, but it is merely fan orientated plans. The likely hood of a roller coaster so late in the day is very unlikely. They have a pretty good thrill ride like up in Drayton Manor, so whatever they add I am sure it will only strengthen this!

Yep, we've has these come up a couple of times over the past year or two. They are merely some fantastic concept art pieces produced John, but are completely fan based. If the park was actually going to be doing something big we'd of heard about it long before now, with construction being well underway if they wanted it ready for a decent time next season.

Plus, if I remember rightly, the park is unable to build on the location cited in the plans (The field next to Buffalo), as there's some kind of restriction on it. I'd imagine it's similar to the lovely big field at Chessington, which is green belt isn't it?

Judging by their post on Twitter, it won't be too long until they make the announcement regarding the ride:

y3x6ofX.png

I would put money on it being a zamperla air race. Which is a good thing as have heard it is a great ride, surprised no other uk park has yet to install one.

Plus perfect time to add a thrill ride with Alton focusing on a Thomas land
Competitor.

Hopefully 2015 will being the long planned vekoma launched dueling coaster.

Strange how they posted "Summer"? Surely not required to stick an Air Race in, they are hardly the height of technically challenging installments.

Though all the buzz words make sense for that ride, they've cocked up their marketing on Twitter by setting the expectation so high. Most are talking about coasters, some expressing disappointment it won't be a wooden coaster.

Oh dear DMP.

Maelstrom said:
I would put money on it being a zamperla air race. Which is a good thing as have heard it is a great ride, surprised no other uk park has yet to install one.

Competitor.

WRONG! Brighton Pier has one, sure its not a theme park, but hey we do have one.

HaydenCR said:
Maelstrom said:

Competitor.

WRONG! Brighton Pier has one, sure its not a theme park, but hey we do have one.

I know everyone keeps raving about them, but it is hardly a star attraction is it. It looks like a right giggle if you like that kind of ride (which I don't), but they are going a little into over hype mode - I hope they don't continue that way if it is an air race, but getting tweets like that out stating "summer" and "exciting" and "loops, g-forces, banking" etc for an Air Race?

If I wrote the list out of Twitter descriptions/superlatives on here and asked you to describe the ride, most of this place would scream Nemesis or Bluefire!

"stomach-churning, g-forces, loops, dives, banks, weightlessness"

It either isn't an air race, or they are being incredibly stupid (and in which case, I really will start charging these places for social media lessons!).

TheMan said:
HaydenCR said:
Maelstrom said:

Competitor.

I know everyone keeps raving about them, but it is hardly a star attraction is it. It looks like a right giggle if you like that kind of ride (which I don't), but they are going a little into over hype mode - I hope they don't continue that way if it is an air race, but getting tweets like that out stating "summer" and "exciting" and "loops, g-forces, banking" etc for an Air Race?

If I wrote the list out of Twitter descriptions/superlatives on here and asked you to describe the ride, most of this place would scream Nemesis or Bluefire!

"stomach-churning, g-forces, loops, dives, banks, weightlessness"

It either isn't an air race, or they are being incredibly stupid (and in which case, I really will start charging these places for social media lessons!).

*ahem* :p

Though this isn't the Air Race, this is what you can expect if you decide to take these attractions for a proper spin, instead of just wobbling from side to side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG8u36aaW84#ws

If it is an Air Race, hooray for a decent(ish - I won't celebrate too much if this is an Air Race because... well... Zamperla) new flat ride near me! :D Also hooray for a flat ride which is suitable for thrill seekers and those who aren't into inverting hundreds of times in a few minutes! :p

Here's TPR's video of the Air Race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEXtnJmAwT0#ws

A quote from Zamperla's website:

At present two versions of Air race are on offer - a deluxe themed model that brings to mind the excitement of real-life air race competitions, and a standard model - while custom theming can also be provided depending on the client's requirements.

Stats for the different models:

f91Y2cU.png

Mwq3Wwb.png

So hopefully if this does turn out to be an Air Race, or the Gerstlauer or Technical Park equivalent, they'll have picked the larger model for their park!

:)

Air Races are quite fab actually (last year I found myself riding 3 of them across Denmark, Brighton and New York, each one being a different variant), I was very unsure at first but they are a solid thrilling ride, especially when they manage to get inverting a few times in a row...

Won't be for everyone, but if they get one it means Drayton are getting a thrill ride, which has got to count for something...

Ugh, I felt sick just watching that! Not my thing at all, but nice to see them making a new addition.

Drayton have confirmed what we all already knew, they are getting a Zamperla Air Race.

Rather unimaginatively, it is called Air Race.

:)