• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

For starters on that video he states Pandemonium is going to another looping group park so why is it up for sale?
He states the group gonna spend 5 million a season for the 1st 5 years and 3.5 million every year afterwards.
I don’t think they will looking at the attractions Pleasurewood Hills and West Midlands Saferi Park add since taking over. It’s been mainly rethemed current rides or a traveling flat ride added.

I switched off from listening to Coaster Chal a long time ago. He simply makes videos based on what he reads on forums and social media.

Some of what he says has been rumoured for a long time so it wouldn't surprise me if a small percent turns out to be true.
I'd probably take everything he says with a pinch of salt. I remember his videos about Pirate Adventure a few years back and they turned out to be complete rubbish.

For starters on that video he states Pandemonium is going to another looping group park so why is it up for sale?
He states the group gonna spend 5 million a season for the 1st 5 years and 3.5 million every year afterwards.
I don’t think they will looking at the attractions Pleasurewood Hills and West Midlands Saferi Park add since taking over. It’s been mainly rethemed current rides or a traveling flat ride added.

To be fair they've completely transformed Pleasurewood Hills since owning it. Cleaning up the look, bringing back a SBNO coaster, developed a very popular kids area.

Not that uncommon. Gives the staff a chance to get into the swing of things for a couple of days and any processes and procedures to bed in before the park gets too busy. Especially important when you have a seasonal workforce. Don’t want everyone to be completely overwhelmed on their first day.

Personally I’m still not convinced we’ll see parks really getting going until a couple of months later. Yes, we’ll have a lot of the more vulnerable population vaccinated, but I suspect a large proportion of theme parks guests will still not have received their vaccine at that point, so cases could still be high, especially with these newer, more contagious variants.

Chessington as well, or it did last year as planned to go until it didn't seem like a good idea to travel that far as the covid situation worsened.

It's currently being briefed that schools will reopen on March 8th (remember when we used to hear announcements from politicians first?).

Unless they consecutively or rapidly thereafter announce the relaxing of rules for outdoor gatherings, 26th March certainly feels a bit optimistic.

I believe Thorpe Park are considering opening on a Thursday and then only opening on Thursdays thereafter. This way they can just permanently be getting into the swing of things without actually ever being on the swing.

I believe Thorpe Park are considering opening on a Thursday and then only opening on Thursdays thereafter. This way they can just permanently be getting into the swing of things without actually ever being on the swing.

Thorpe do swing well, usually just miss the ball massively and hit their own stumps then continue on and end up dislocating their shoulder and hitting their own leg in such a feat of messing things up

Towers in comparison to DMP have the buyouts to get used to things, Drayton use Thursday and Friday as mentioned above.

I could personally see parks reopening in April alongside non-essential shops. It’s being rumoured that pubs and restaurants will be allowed to open up in May, so it definitely shouldn’t be after the time that pubs and restaurants open back up.

It’s also worth remembering that when we were in the tier system, parks were allowed to open in Tier 3 areas alongside non-essential shops, even while pubs and restaurants had to shut, so I think we may be missing far less of the 2021 season than some of you expect if all goes well.

I have already arranged multiple UK theme park trips for April with the expectation that they will be allowed to open by then.

Of course, if not then they will simply be rearranged. I'd be surprised though.

Don't forget Good Friday is the 2nd April, so if the parks want the Easter visits then opening around the 25-27 March is about right.

However I'm not sure exactly what will happen due to Covid, but having restricted numbers of visitors and maybe keeping indoor areas closed or further limited I think theme parks could open as outdoors and well ventilated spaces are lower risk.

In terms of risk, going to a theme park with your household (so not meeting others) is much much better than going to a badly ventilated indoor venue like a pub.

Even if theme parks do account for a relatively low number of transmissions, it’s going to make test and tracing harder when people move around the country visiting attractions. Theme parks bring people in from a wide area, so it’s an opportunity for variants to jump across from one town to another very quickly.

I’m not sure what will happen though. They’re saying it’ll take about six months to get the vaccine updated for the current variants. It’d be difficult to keep the country in lockdown for six months, and by then there could well be more variants.

I certainly wouldn’t bet any money on the parks opening in March.

Hey. Sorry if i didn't join earlier to get into the topic of the original 1996 version of the haunting... Can someone tell me about the old organ soundtrack or put the audio file to the old organ soundtrack (If any of you have it) to listen to? I just want to know who composed that organ soundtrack as I think it had church bells in there too.

It would appear that Apocalypse is now for sale on Interlink, as a listing has now appeared for an Intamin drop tower with stats that match Apocalypse’s perfectly: https://www.interlink-lg.com/used-rides/drop-tower/

I know that the drop tower in the pictures isn’t Apocalypse, but the stats listed are an exact match, so could we be saying goodbye to Apocalypse?

Surely not!? Do we have any idea where the drop tower in the photo is from? Looks very similar to Apocalypse in terms of height so it would make more sense for it to be that one that is being sold.