• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I thought the problem with Pirate Adventure was that the ride system was knackered (Not to mention it's missing most boats now)? Last I heard the pumps were knackered, which was why the water level is so low and you tend to get drenched on the drop. Personally I'd sooner see a whole new system in place, purpose built for the new ride.

I have amend my post now so last bit makes sense!

They must have some sort of plans for Pirates if they have now shifted Thomas Land expansion to the car park as for past few years was expected to replace pirates.

The only prob with Drayton is every year we get these rumoured plans but few few ever seem to happen. Although i expect we will see the Thomas Land expansion sooner rather than latter, as the main driver for the parks attendance and will also give them more capacity for their very profitable xmas event (i heard a few years ago they make are large part of their annual profit from this event)

Air Race is currently testing according to Theme Park Worldwide. I don't know if Drayton have announced an opening date yet but you'd like to think it will be soon.

:)

They announced the opening day a week or two ago, it's the 5th July, with pop group the vamps opening it. A day to avoid then if anyone planning on visiting!

However as testing it now, there is a good chance it could soft open much earlier, as would of thought testing would be done by end of the week, 3 weeks ahead of the official opening.

I'd post the picture if I wasn't on mobile but the Theme Park Worldwide Facebook page (I think it was) posted a few pictures of the ride now it's done.

Looks like Drayton have done a nice job with it :)

I have a big update on Drayton Manor for you all and some interesting stuff too!

Thomas Land Expansion

In 2015 Thomas Land will be expanded even more going onto the car park which it is near now. This is to compete with Cbeebies Land however roumer has it they are returning old attractions that used to be in Robinsons land and re-themeing them to suit.

Cartoon Network Street?
Noticed why there hasnt been any more investment? That's because its fallen through. Johnny Bravo was ment to have partnership with Pandemonium, Dexter was taking over Apocalypse and The Haunting, Scooby Doo. It seems that the park have only came to the agreement of keeping Ben 10 and because of funding it looks like its going to stay that way for a while unless Drayton reach the target amount of money that Cartoon Network want.

Launch Coaster
I wouldnt get your hopes up. Plan after plan has been drawn up for this coaster MACK was also suggested however the park simply cant afford it. Orignaly it was going to be a duel launched coaster sponsered by Scalextric or whoever you spell it, again not enough budget.

In Park Audio
Drayton don't pay for they're music on time so it seems and the likes of IMAscore etc refuse to work with Drayton for not keeping to theyre word and paying on time. The park have now got they're own audio technican who does it all for them! Hint - The Haunting has new librabry audio and is also getting new outside audio soon too. Thomas Land's effect such as whislte blowing etc was also supplied by this guy.

Pirates Adventure
Managment still don't know what to do with it. They know about the complaints and its more than likley going to be Thomas Themed at some stage however an IP was suggested but I don't know what.

Inside information from the park.
My username on the forum used to be SEALIFE and if you look back at later Drayton Manor posts you will see all the stuff I said is pretty much true. :)

The expansion of Thomas land onto the carpark was spoken about a few months ago, however I don't believe they will re-theme the old Robinson land rides considering the park sold them to other parks at the end of the 2007 season, plus most were similar versions to what they added in the original Thomas land.

A far as I know a new coaster is still planned in the near future for the buffalo site or next to it, the original plan back in 2011 was a Vekoma launch coaster, they might have looked at Mack as well but plans where defiantly drawn up with Vekoma. I am sure the park could get the funding required for a £5m coaster if they wanted, as far as I have heard they have now paid back the £20m loan for the Hotel) plus the park have done very well since Thomas land and the hotel also does good business. Plus before the hotel and Thomas land they were able to afford to add rides on a regular basis such as £3m storm force 10 in 1999, £3m on apocalypse and Golden nuggets in 2000, £1.2m in 2002 on Maelstrom £3.5m in 2003 on Excalibur, 3.5m G-force in 2005 and £5 Thomas land in 2008.

lol you wouldn't pay more than £5 for one of Zamperla's coasters though! mind you the park not spent much than £5 the last few seasons on new additions!

Went to Drayton on Thursday and I have always been the one to drag it down but I was impressed.

It was a busy day 1 hour plus queues for almost everything. Most of the guests where school trips as the car park was only 1/4 full, being mostly school kids queue jumping was a big issue but the staff where on top of it and spoke to nearly all the offenders that I saw.

Drayton is in need of investment and I understand that they don't have the money and certain manufactures won't work with them. For £20 online online booking it's really don't a bad day out at all.

I went Drayton yesterday with my family and overall it was a great day, the park was really quiet with most rides walk on, even Thomas land was quiet. The lovely weather was also great! It was a shame that it was a 5pm ride close as it was such a nice day. Also stormforce 10 closed midday and stayed closed for the rest of the day, but no idea why.

They have started work on the car park with the expansion of Thomas Land, there are also signs in the area saying its expanding and will be opening Easter next year. Currently the whole of that car park next to Thomas Land is closed, with disabled parking now on the grass with the normal car park. However it looks like they have only just started work on the site.

Last edited:
glad to see they starting early and ready for Easter, rather than their usual July opening. It must be substantial if starting now though, will be interesting to see what they add as they have most of the Zamperla kids collection.

They may not be investing right now in a top notch coaster, but it is good to see them investing in good return projects, hopefully that will eventually create enough income stream to deliver a top quality attraction.

Vekoma have added a new coaster type to their website, I believe this was the planned Drayton manor coaster that were working with vekoma on. The layout also matchs the one that was seen overlayed on an overhead shot of Drayton manor which was on the wall in a video where an employee of vekoma was being interviewed. Also matches all the rumours about the ride.

Now it's appeared on their site I wonder if means Drayton no longer planning on adding it still as they planned to be first park to get it.

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/family-coasters/single-car-launch-coaster