• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Despite my better judgement I'm considering a Drayton visit soon for the first time in about a decade as I have a two and a half year old who loves a bit of Thomas.

How does Thomas land cope midweek? Is it kiddie carnage and long long waits or is it quite sensible? Do they do parents swap on (both of the!) bigger rides?

Ta!

Just to let you know the park is closed every Tuesday and Wednesday in May with Mon, Thurs, Fri 10:30am to 4:30pm ride closures. Thomas land will be open from the 10:30 and all the family rides but you may see the thrill rides not opening to 12pm. I seen some vlogs taken last week and nearly every ride was walk on in the main area. Thomas land always starts off been busy but even if the queue is full it’s really only a couple of ride cycles wait.

I heard that the other ride that going on the G Force site could be the kids track ride that was planned to go in last year. Which would make sense as with Shockwave 1.4m, Maelstrom 1.3m, Stormforce 10 1.3m Air Race 1.2m. The rapids could be 1.1m with a adult over 18 or over 16 to ride alone, Waves winger unless it has double seats will be 1.2m which points to the other ride for younger families.

All hands on deck. We've had a very exciting delivery Introducing Tidal Towers, the next brand new addition to Adventure Cove ️ Opening soon, your little one will enjoy venturing across the rope bridges and climbing up to discover the views from the top of the towers, before whizzing down the exhilarating slides. All whilst you relax in our seating area with tasty snacks from the all-new Chicken Hatch. https://hubs.ly/H0MFkTD0 Keep your eyes peeled for the next ride announcement, coming soon

Can also be found on Draytons Facebook as of about 30 seconds ago...

FB-IMG-1620234324032.jpg
FB-IMG-1620234320863.jpg
FB-IMG-1620234317635.jpg
FB-IMG-1620234314443.jpg

Last edited:
I was kinda right it would be a attraction for younger guests to enjoy while older members of the family can enjoy the other attractions round Adventure Cove I always said that they needed a playground area in the main park after the former playgrounds were removed in the mid to late 90’s.

It's a steady start that's for sure. New fresh area, rapids reopening and a new flat ride and kids park coming. Fair play to them for actually taking this park on.

I do think it's going to take a really substanial new ride to be built to really turn the tide though. Maybe that will come in next few years.

Drayton has had a really tough few years, but when you consider Groupe Looping’s excellent track record, if I can trust anyone to turn the place around, it’s them.

Drayton has had a really tough few years, but when you consider Groupe Looping’s excellent track record, if I can trust anyone to turn the place around, it’s them.

They do have a good record but it is worth pointing out that Drayton is probably the most high profile park with biggest gate figures they own now which just shows how small the parks they already have in their portfolio.

Reactions: Ian
Does look like they have done a great job with the rapids refrub to be fair.

They are quality timeless family attractions. Towers really needs to get CRR into better shape soon. It's a disgrace the state they gave allowed it to get into.

Does look like they have done a great job with the rapids refrub to be fair.

They are quality timeless family attractions. Towers really needs to get CRR into better shape soon. It's a disgrace the state they gave allowed it to get into.

i think Splash Canyon was always better themed.