• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I would hope so. I'd imagine many visitors are holding off on visiting until they can experience the new attractions.

The Haunting doesn't return until midway through June either so the park is down to the bare bones at present.
They are still managing to sell out every day however the reduced ride line-up probably contributes to that as much as high-demand.

I spoke to ride operate manager about the rapids and the new ride and it’s listed to all be finished 3 to 4 weeks time.
The Haunting currently been worked on to improve the madhouse section and be open again if the government keep to the road map on the 21st Also the new 4D cinema.

An update from Drayton Manor. For those more knowledgeable than me, is this definitely a Waveswinger then? and do we know which model/manufacturer?

Is it me or does that look far more substatial than your traditional wave swinger?

Looks like a wave swinger to me. Two hydraulic jacks either side to lift the canopy before it moves. Top even tilted to help provide the up and down as it swings.

Assuming they continue the install and everything else is on site, a couple more days should be confirmed.

Does anyone else think that the new Waveswinger opening at Drayton Manor could be Twirling Toadstall from Alton Towers? I am aware that Alton had removed Twirling Toadstall in order to probably sell. At the time of its removal from Alton the ride required a major overall. This leads me to believe that Twirling Toadstall was sent back to the manufacturer,prior to being sold to another Theme or Amusement Park.

Does anyone else think that the new Waveswinger opening at Drayton Manor could be Twirling Toadstall from Alton Towers? I am aware that Alton had removed Twirling Toadstall in order to probably sell. At the time of its removal from Alton the ride required a major overall. This leads me to believe that Twirling Toadstall was sent back to the manufacturer,prior to being sold to another Theme or Amusement Park.

highly unlikely. I think more likely Altons was scrapped rather than refurbed then sold. IAs far as I am aware this is a brand new installation. Also looks new from the image above.

I do think this is more than a basic wave swinger. As they built it on a higher platform which may have fountains installed under the platform and spray guests like at Chessington. It will also go with the theme of the new area.

Am I imagining it, or is there due to be another new ride within Adventure Cove that they are yet to announce, as well as the Waveswinger and the huge play area? I seem to remember a Disk’O being thrown around in the rumour mill, but I haven’t seen any indication of one coming yet.

Is there still another ride due, or is it just the Waveswinger and play area?

Am I imagining it, or is there due to be another new ride within Adventure Cove that they are yet to announce, as well as the Waveswinger and the huge play area? I seem to remember a Disk’O being thrown around in the rumour mill, but I haven’t seen any indication of one coming yet.

Is there still another ride due, or is it just the Waveswinger and play area?

There was someone who predicted the rapids returning and the Waveswinger, who also mentioned a Disk'O I believe, but I'm pretty sure the play area and the Waveswinger are the final additions to the area for now.

Maybe they are looking at a Disk'O as well for the top end of the park to replace the rides which are for sale.

There was someone who predicted the rapids returning and the Waveswinger, who also mentioned a Disk'O I believe, but I'm pretty sure the play area and the Waveswinger are the final additions to the area for now.

Maybe they are looking at a Disk'O as well for the top end of the park to replace the rides which are for sale.
Is it definitely confirmed to be a Disko or could it a Disk-O-Coaster? I'd prefer the latter tbh.

This is great to see. They might not be the most white knuckle rides, but they are decent additions from reputable manufacturers. Combined with the rapids refurb, this is excellent for a park that really needed this

Hopefully, this investment direction is a sign of things to come at the park.

I do wonder if this will have water jets like @Themeparksandy1981 pointed out. The current state of the construction certainly does not rule this out.