• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Drayton has been a Zamperla showroom for quite some time now, so it'll be more likely they'll keep chucking in flat rides from them as opposed to a new coaster.

I'm surprised they've not opted to use the Zamperla product catalog as toilet paper in the loos yet. It would be a good cost saving measure on buying bog roll.

Could they be announcing Apocalypse's removal soon too? Or do we think the ride will stay another year? Just speculation based on the fact that both Pandemonium and Apocalypse were up for sale.

Could they be announcing Apocalypse's removal soon too? Or do we think the ride will stay another year? Just speculation based on the fact that both Pandemonium and Apocalypse were up for sale.
I think they stated that Apocalypse will be staying for at least another season thankfully. :)

I think something like a Vekoma Family Inverted Coaster would be a great addition, something similar to Flight of the Pterosaur at Paultons.
I second this, would be a great fit. :)
Another one I think would be a great fit to see is a Mack suspended powered coaster in (and coming out of) the old Pirate Adventure building.

I second this, would be a great fit. :)
Another one I think would be a great fit to see is a Mack suspended powered coaster in (and coming out of) the old Pirate Adventure building.
Or get that original Mack Free Flow ride system back up and running. There's plenty of space for a new coaster, but not for a heavily themed dark ride like Pirate Adventure was.

Looking at the attractions added at the safari park and Pleasurewood hills can see the owners going down the 2nd hand coaster market and if they also remove test track, planting and also use the former queue line area of Apocalypse then the park could fit quite a big attraction in.

Last edited:
If Apocalypse goes then only Maelstrom, the Rapids (which I haven't ridden since it reopened), Shockwave, The Haunting and Stormforce 10 will tempt me back. If any of those go, that'll be the final nail in the coffin for my visits.

I think something like a Vekoma Family Inverted Coaster would be a great addition, something similar to Flight of the Pterosaur at Paultons.
It would be great but I'm just not sure Drayton would go for it. I haven't got a concrete reason for it I just feel like they might feel there are more unique and marketable options out there.

If Apocalypse goes then only Maelstrom, the Rapids (which I haven't ridden since it reopened), Shockwave, The Haunting and Stormforce 10 will tempt me back. If any of those go, that'll be the final nail in the coffin for my visits.

The fact that most if not all of these attractions are 20+ years old shows just how little headway DM have made since then.

The only new thrill ride they've had since Thomas Land opened was Air Race, the most nauseating ride I've been on.
I wouldn't regard Accelerator at as a thrill ride as it's a family boomerang with a 1m height restriction.

The biggest problem has been budget Drayton had like on average in the 90’s Drayton were spending on average 1 million a year on attractions with there biggest outlay been 4.5 million on Thomasland in 2008.

The biggest problem has been budget Drayton had like on average in the 90’s Drayton were spending on average 1 million a year on attractions with there biggest outlay been 4.5 million on Thomasland in 2008.
Yes hopefully Looping do give Drayton a good attractions and investment budget. I really do feel Drayton are not that far away from being a top tier family park in the UK. From what I've heard they're planning on spending about 2-3 million a year for about 5 years however I have no evidence of this so take it with a heavy pinch of salt.

Been confirmed that Apocalypse is staying until Fireworks 2023, and both Shockwave and Maelstrom are staying for the foreseeable future. My source knows the Head of Operations for Sector 2, the area in which those rides are located.