• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

But Drayton prices shouldn’t be more than a Merlin park like I didn’t even get a drink with my meal. My daughters meal at Alton Towers was cheaper than my burger at Drayton.
I was comparing my daughter size of her burger and fries to be the same size and standard as McDonald’s happy meal.

I went to Drayton Manor before the summer and found the food fairly poor, although to be fair the park was fully booked on my visit (albeit at reduced capacity because of Covid) and the Chicken Diner hadn’t re-opened yet, as Adventure Cove was still under construction. Also, I appreciate that a lot of parks have had recruitment problems this year.

But still, the queues were long and slow moving, it was hard to work out what food was on offer until you got to the front, and even when you got to the front none of the staff knew whether items were vegan or not.

I don’t know what the food is usually like at the Looping Group, but it feels like there are some fairly easy wins here if they’re looking for areas they can improve upon without a big capital investment. For example, you could make some significant improvements to the food for a fraction of the cost of bringing back Pirate Adventure with a new theme.

To an extent, although on the vegan front in particular I think society has come a long way in the last 10 years with things like clear food labelling. Drayton Manor has gone through a lot in the last few years with the flood and Covid etc. I'm not trying to kick a horse when it's down (so to speak). They've had a lot to deal with. But moving forward, this seems like an area that they can improve upon relatively easily.

Before they use to do good deals on lunches.
Adults lunch deal was:
Baguette, Sandwich or Panini with a pack of crisps and a hot or cold drink
Kids lunch deal was:
Sandwich Ham or Cheese
Crisps
Then a choice of bag of fruit, Jelly, Muffin or what was on offer that day
Orange or Apple juice
Now with my 20% off annual pass discount it was roughly £8.50 for both then gave my daughter the change to spend in the sweet shop.

I was gonna say. You cannot compare the price vs profit of McDonalds vs a theme park. McDonalds sell over a million burgers every minute. A theme park would be lucky to do that in a season. Economies of scale are huge here. I bet McDonalds still make more profit on a burger that is half the price than one at Drayton.

They have alot to go on the food front. I remember even as staff, we could get a fully cooked proper substantial meal for £1.50 in the tower suit nearly 2 decades ago. Those days are long gone.

I wonder if the Bryan's and the Shipleys still own and live in their houses that are on the park grounds.

I was gonna say. You cannot compare the price vs profit of McDonalds vs a theme park. McDonalds sell over a million burgers every minute. A theme park would be lucky to do that in a season. Economies of scale are huge here. I bet McDonalds still make more profit on a burger that is half the price than one at Drayton.

They have alot to go on the food front. I remember even as staff, we could get a fully cooked proper substantial meal for £1.50 in the tower suit nearly 2 decades ago. Those days are long gone.

I wonder if the Bryan's and the Shipleys still own and live in their houses that are on the park grounds.

I shouldn’t have included McDonald’s but can’t understand how Drayton now think it’s ok to charge per item. I use to go from the morning but now we eat dinner at lunch time at home then get to the park for 1.
Having to pay 50% of the fireworks event tickets and for the grotto tickets that were included in the former owners pass.

Vertigo now being removed from the Triangles area.

Odd question to ask here, but what is everyone's top 5 rides at the Park?
Mine being:

1) The Haunting

2) Pirate Adventure

3) Shockwave

4) G - Force

5) Adventure Cove River Rapids

Haven't tried Stomrforce 10 yet, so I can't put it in my rankings.

Odd question to ask here, but what is everyone's top 5 rides at the Park?
Mine being:

1) The Haunting

2) Pirate Adventure

3) Shockwave

4) G - Force

5) Adventure Cove River Rapids

Haven't tried Stomrforce 10 yet, so I can't put it in my rankings.

Well Pirate Adventure SBNO and G-Force gone.

On current rides

1) Maelstrom
2) Apocalypse floor less
3) Shockwave
4) River Rapids
5) The Haunting