• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Been to the park today and spoke to park management and they couldn’t tell me the new theme or what rides were going into the new area but the Buffalo will be part of it and they removed the fencing that round the inner park of the area down to the gate by the buffalo. There is also a lot of work going on by the exit of pirate adventure and on the Dodgems floor there lighting and motors been stored in there
https://www.draytontalk.co.uk/threads/11/page-13

I think they are fully aware of the problems the buffalo has but I think they are also aware that it is one of two family coasters they have got. They literally need the ride and I think once they've got something that can replace it they'll get rid of it.

It doesn't roll, it doesn't coast, it has no hills, and they were going to scrap it decades ago.
Oh yeah its rubbish believe me but they need it to keep the line-up worth the park even staying open. Once they've got something to replace it I won't mind seeing it go.

I think if the rumours are true of 3 flat rides are going into the new area and then you include the buffalo with a restaurant/cafe going into the former VertiGO building. It could go for a Wild West theme as I notice the top entrance is now back open.

I think if the rumours are true of 3 flat rides are going into the new area and then you include the buffalo with a restaurant/cafe going into the former VertiGO building. It could go for a Wild West theme as I notice the top entrance is now back open.
If that's true that sounds great. Always thought they should use that space better. Wonder what the flats might be and whether we'll see anything with a slightly higher thrill level?

Could be good
Then I would expect to see a coaster replace apocalypse and buffalo
Oh yes they definitely need a coaster in the next few years and there's so many great options, cheap and expensive that they could go for. Lots of great family coaster models out there that I wouldn't mind seeing at Drayton.

I would envisage a Gert, Zemo or Vekoma. You can steer away from your premium brands
Oh I would too. No way are they going to be getting something that expensive for there first big investment. I'm thinking on the lines of a zamperla moto or equivalent rather than anything else. That sort of investment really could do wonders for Drayton.

Oh I would too. No way are they going to be getting something that expensive for there first big investment. I'm thinking on the lines of a zamperla moto or equivalent rather than anything else. That sort of investment really could do wonders for Drayton.

Can’t see that - I reckon they will go down the family thrill route. Vekoma would be my bet

Can’t see that - I reckon they will go down the family thrill route. Vekoma would be my bet
Zamperla Moto's are family thrill: https://rcdb.com/17194.htm
As for vekoma I'm not sure, it does seem possible though. I just think Zamperla would be a bit more likely. Realistically, they just need a solid family thrill coaster and it really doesn't matter what it is. Hopefully a nice bit of theming and some decent branding and all should be good.

Zamperla Moto's are family thrill: https://rcdb.com/17194.htm
As for vekoma I'm not sure, it does seem possible though. I just think Zamperla would be a bit more likely. Realistically, they just need a solid family thrill coaster and it really doesn't matter what it is. Hopefully a nice bit of theming and some decent branding and all should be good.

totally agree - the days of the rumours of big b&m and intamin launches are gone
That said a Gert Infinity would be a great replacement for Shockwave when the day comes

totally agree - the days of the rumours of big b&m and intamin launches are gone
That said a Gert Infinity would be a great replacement for Shockwave when the day comes
Yeah no way are they getting anything from B&M or Intamin any time soon. As for Gerst, I could see them working with Gerst again. The park have already got one gerst kiddie coaster and its one of the most popular rides on park. Gerst do lots of family coaster models now so wouldn't mind one of them at the park either. An infinity would be great and I do think Drayton is worthy of a few thrill coasters. I don't see it in the next 5 years however after that I don't see why not. I think Looping will want the park to appeal the the widest audience possible and to do that I think they will want to make sure they've still got some thrilling rides for the older kids and adults.

Pandemonium has now gone fully, but as well as that, it appears that construction work is taking place near Buffalo, and markings have also appeared in an area near to Apocalypse and Accelerator:

(Photos courtesy of Theme Park Worldwide)

Exciting! I wonder what this could mean?