• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I have no idea if the above you tuber sources are accurate but what is mentioned certainly sounds plausible and has been the rumoured plans in other places.

The new rumoured rides would suit the park with two family thrill rides and a new kids track ride and retheme of the buffalo, the rumoured Viking Village theme I also like this theme for the park. As for the 2023 rumoured coaster would be interesting if they did go with a Gerstlauer family coaster like Firechaser express at Dollywood, with forwards, backwards and launch section. Again fitting the family thrill market, although they already have the Vekoma boomerang in the same area with the backwards section.

Its great to see the looping group investing in the park, and bringing areas back up to standard and adding new additions. They seem to be focused on the areas that need the the most work first. if these plans turn out correct and a coaster in 2023, I could then see them looking at the other part of arial park (the haunting, accelerator area) and then the pirate area and something new inside the pirate adventure building for 2024 and 2025 as part of their 5 year plan.
I agree the rumours sounds plausible although I'm not sure how reliable this source is. I always take things like this very carefully. A 2023 coaster seems possible too however I'm not too sure on Gerstlaur but we'll just have to wait and see I think.

Not going to happen for reasons already discussed loads of times. Also they simply don't have the time to be able to do something like that by next year unless they started mid-seasson there is no indication they did so it makes it even less likely. Pirates Adventure cannot come back!

I very much doubt Merlin have sold rocky express, if it is going to be reused it'll be put in one of the other Merlin parks. Rocky Express is very old and I imagine it's likely it will be scraped but we may well see it turn up at one of Merlin's parks within the next few years.
Absolutely!

I’m all for having Drayton add new rides, but I can’t be the only one that doesn’t see the point in a Nebulaz. This is in general just not for Drayton! Like I genuinely don’t get the ride or even see how’s it’s classed as a ride. It doesn’t look thrilling or family at all? It literally looks pointless.

I’m all for having Drayton add new rides, but I can’t be the only one that doesn’t see the point in a Nebulaz. This is in general just not for Drayton! Like I genuinely don’t get the ride or even see how’s it’s classed as a ride. It doesn’t look thrilling or family at all? It literally looks pointless.

It also must have the most dreadful throughput having to load one gondala at a time.

It also must have the most dreadful throughput having to load one gondala at a time.
They load 4 sets of seats at a time, while the 4 are in the air. (Up to 16 passengers load at once)

Edit: Been announced that one will form part of Liseberg's (Sweden) new area;

269704709_5230627766966747_534935963942668322_n.jpg

Last edited:
As a visual centre piece to an area they look really cool, similar to how Enterprise makes Oblivion's turn around look more interesting.

Maybe as a filler flat ride that's all a park wants? Something that can take a few people away from the headline rides but isn't popular enough to struggle with a reduced capacity. But it does make an area feel more complet.

Think of the Orbitron at Disneyland Paris. Could never cope with Disney level crowds if everyone tried to ride it. But only a handful of people do and it makes the area feel more kinetic.

Zamperla list the capacity as 360 per hr, for a filler flat ride attraction at somewhere like Drayton this is fine. The Disko coasters for comparison have between 500-650 ph depending which size disk they go with (24 or 40 seats). They could possibly go with a Thors Hammer theme with a Nebulaz, fitting in with the overall Viking themed area.

I think this and a disko will be great for the park

let’s not forget it’s a filler ride - and will only need a capacity of around 400 per hour to work.

Yes I like the sound of a nebulaz and it can be quite marketable to being the first in the UK. Seems like a perfect filler ride. Alongside a disko that'll be really good. If they are also planning to include a new family thrill coaster in this area in 2023 hopefully that'll have a decent capacity as that will have to cope with lots of guests. Quite possibility becoming the new flagship and busiest ride on park.

Why do they need OTSR though? Surely a lap bar would suffice for such a mild to moderate flat ride? Totally spoils it for me when you can't see the person next to you on a ride like that.

Why do they need OTSR though? Surely a lap bar would suffice for such a mild to moderate flat ride? Totally spoils it for me when you can't see the person next to you on a ride like that.
Those are standard Zamperla OTSRs that are found on a lot of their rides, such as the Air Race (also at Drayton). Zamperla do use overhead lap bars though, as seen on their new-gen Thunderbolt trains;

ZPL_RIDESIAAPA-700x525.jpg

I could see the Nebulaz updated in the future to accommodate them.