• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

The only way they could use that building for 2 rides is on the front remove the Dodgems so they could have the same current entrance but add a exit to the right side
For the Thomas land side I like the idea of a extended building and that could be the new entrance/ queue line with PA exit next to Emily play area used as the exit.
It would cost more to remove the building as it’s walls connect to the Burger Kitchen, Emily play area&Toilets, Thomas shop, Sodor classic car ride, Winston control room and I think a staff area.

They could also route a queue line from the current (old) Pirate Adventure station. Down the boat return lift and out into Thomas Land near the current exit. There is enough room to do that. This would leave the whole front of the building, dogems intact with the Pirate Theme, as the queue would go no where near the old queue. It would come into the current station area from the opposite direction. This was considered years ago I believe. There are plenty of other ways they could add exits and entrances without removing anything. Just depends how much they wanna spend I guess.

They could also route a queue line from the current (old) Pirate Adventure station. Down the boat return lift and out into Thomas Land near the current exit. There is enough room to do that. This would leave the whole front of the building, dogems intact with the Pirate Theme, as the queue would go no where near the old queue. It would come into the current station area from the opposite direction. This was considered years ago I believe. There are plenty of other ways they could add exits and entrances without removing anything. Just depends how much they wanna spend I guess.
I was basing that the building was gonna be used to house 2 dark rides.

Buffalo retheme...
Wasn't the ride clapped out and heading for replacement twenty years ago?
That is what the park staff told me around the millennium.
Well it has lasted a lot longer than that but at a lower capacity and the ride is about 35 year old now i am pretty sure and thats pretty good, even though there was a few rumours a few year back that they were gonna remove it

With the new Viking area opening at Drayton,could Excalibur finally be rethemed and reopened? Excalibur has been SBNO for over 5 years. This being said the castle is utilised at Christmas as Father Christmas’s Grotto. If Excalibur was return I’m sure the Christmas Grotto could be scrapped. A better idea for Kids meeting Santa would be on the trains within Thomas Land. Many steam railways have this type of event and very are incredibly popular.

With the new Viking area opening at Drayton,could Excalibur finally be rethemed and reopened? Excalibur has been SBNO for over 5 years. This being said the castle is utilised at Christmas as Father Christmas’s Grotto. If Excalibur was return I’m sure the Christmas Grotto could be scrapped. A better idea for Kids meeting Santa would be on the trains within Thomas Land. Many steam railways have this type of event and very are incredibly popular.

Highly unlikely anytime soon. At some point they could install a newer boat ride on the lake, but think other projects will likely be the focus for the coming years. Its rumoured 2023 will see a new coaster. I wouldn't then be surprised to see the rest of arial park (that won't be part of the new viking area) rethemed, then maybe they will look at reusing the pirate building for something new and update the area around it. Although I do expect them to add something to Thomasland as well at some point in the next few years. They will then have pretty much refreshed all of the areas of the theme park outside of Thomasland within their 5 year plan.