• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Launched woodie please!

I highly doubt that it would be a launched coaster, as people will compare it to Rita, which will be surprisingly better.

My money's on a woodie.

JamesDLD said:
We're looking at some sort of compact launch coaster which "interacts" with the lake.

underwater%20coaster.jpg

Yes please Drayton.

Prometheus said:
Deffo something similar to A Booster Bike. But apparently unique to the UK, so Velocity at FL rules out that specific model I guess.

Gerstlauer launch perhaps? :-\

SW7?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBag3RQWV04[/youtube]

Skip to 16:30. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, a Mack!

Hmm.. Im not sure weather to belive it or not. The stunt coaster theme mentioned in the video was mearly a mocked up promotional image of what we'd like it was confirmed. Also the guy sounds like he dosnt really know or what hes talking about when they mentioned ''Mack'' the reply was ''Yeah, thats the one.'' ? Somthing isnt ringing true at the momment and for that im not going to belive it untill its confirmed or theres more light shinned on it!

...also, Colin Bryan himself stated that there wouldn't be a Scaletrix themed launch coaster.

I'm pretty sure those at the top wouldn't divulge any information to staff or customers anyway.

I reached Nerdgasm at Shockwave's control panel, never seen it before lol. Would love to see an Apocalypse behind the scenes one day.

Very cool vid, cheers. ;D

Apocalypse is quite impressive, as it's like operating 5 individual rides in one! :)
Maelstrom is my personal favourite though, followed by G-Force!

Does it annoy anyone else that literally everyone on every POV of Shockwave goes on about it being a B&M? I know the track looks similar but that is no excuse for misinformation :p

Well B&M did used to work for Giovanola, so I guess you could call it a Pre-B&M-B&M ;)

Subcontracted to Giovanola. It's their box spine track design. When Walter Bolliger and Claude Mabillard left and formed B&M it was one of the things they took with them (They no doubt originally designed it, or worked on it) along with a couple of other design traits, which they all then perfected and sold themselves.

It seemed to be the case with a lot of Intamin ride for a while. They'd subcontract to Giovanola. I'm not sure why. Maybe Intamin couldn't stretch their resources that far or something.

Indiana Jones at DLP is the same. Only in that case it's an Pinfari layout and design, by Intamin, subcontracted to Giovanola :p

That's what I was told to explain their similarities anyway.

Ian said:
Subcontracted to Giovanola. It's their box spine track design. When Walter Bolliger and Claude Mabillard left and formed B&M it was one of the things they took with them (They no doubt originally designed it, or worked on it) along with a couple of other design traits, which they all then perfected and sold themselves.

It seemed to be the case with a lot of Intamin ride for a while. They'd subcontract to Giovanola. I'm not sure why. Maybe Intamin couldn't stretch their resources that far or something.

Indiana Jones at DLP is the same. Only in that case it's an Pinfari layout and design, by Intamin, subcontracted to Giovanola :p

That's what I was told to explain their similarities anyway.

I see, great explanation. :) Giovanola seem to be quite prolific at track manufacturing - you wonder why and how they went bankrupt in the end :-\

Ian said:
Well if you think Shockwave looks very B&M have you seen Anaconda? :p

Couldn't look more like a B&M! That track colour scheme is great as well, need to see more coasters in those colours ;)

On another note, how the heck did Werner Stengel get to design literally 75% of all the coasters built in the last 15 years? Surely there are others that could design just as good a coaster - however I only ever see his name. Might be a bit OT but not worthy of its own topic :)