• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Does anyone know if Stand-up Apocalypse is now operating again? Went last weekend and it was closed but not mentioned on the website.

Does anyone know if Stand-up Apocalypse is now operating again? Went last weekend and it was closed but not mentioned on the website.
They were waiting for a part for it, but I don't know if it's back open yet. You may just have to find out on the day I'm afraid.

Went to the park yesterday and I got some good news and bad.

Good news
Apocalypse floorless is back open.
The Easter entertainment was excellent all around the park.
The Haunting has even had move effects added and everything worked shame staff had to ruin the main ride bit by telling guests to put there phone away.
The Theming going into Viking’s looks excellent with water features going around Thor and they building a themed entrance for it under the hump section.
Bad Point
Rides available is shocking I wouldn’t be happy if I had paid to get in as Air race, Train, Maelstrom all unavailable with Stormforce 10 having 2 major breakdowns in the time we were in the park (4 hours)

Tonnes of markings around the Apocalypse area. I’d advocate for a Wooden coaster to take the space here as an expansion to the Vikings themed area. I also hope that a lakeside walk is set up to loop completely between Vikings and Shockwave, just for navigation purposes more than anything

Tonnes of markings around the Apocalypse area. I’d advocate for a Wooden coaster to take the space here as an expansion to the Vikings themed area. I also hope that a lakeside walk is set up to loop completely between Vikings and Shockwave, just for navigation purposes more than anything
They couldn’t do that as Stormforce 10 and the train line is in the way.
It’s less than a 5 min walk to get to any part of park.

They couldn’t do that as Stormforce 10 and the train line is in the way.
It’s less than a 5 min walk to get to any part of park.
Well, there's one thing i can assure everyone here that the closure of Apocalypse at the end of the year is indefinite, as I asked those actually when i went for my Job interview there a while ago. So, its 100% happening sadly :(

Aside from the fact that there isn't really enough space between the lake and the car park access road for a path that would be inside the park (and therefore fenced off from the road), the route would be significantly longer than just going through the park via existing routespaths.

1649706269358.png

Aside from the fact that there isn't really enough space between the lake and the car park access road for a path that would be inside the park (and therefore fenced off from the road), the route would be significantly longer than just going through the park via existing routespaths.

1649706269358.png
I don’t see why a sort of boardwalk that spans across from roughly where the rapids tunnel is couldn’t be added, it would be cute as anything and could even be in conjunction with a lakeside eatery. I think the park would really feel much more complete if the loop was closed as it’s currently a weird U shape.

I don’t see why a sort of boardwalk that spans across from roughly where the rapids tunnel is couldn’t be added, it would be cute as anything and could even be in conjunction with a lakeside eatery. I think the park would really feel much more complete if the loop was closed as it’s currently a weird U shape.
They like to set the fireworks off there so I imagine it would interfere. Also it would be pretty expensive for no real ROI, so I can’t imagine it being a viable idea.

I agree with the suggestion of a round the lake path

Surely that would give space for future development- ok they would need to re-route the car park road but it’s doable

On the side of Viking’s along that side of the lake will be Thor entrance path and queue line and on the other side of the lake is the train line with the car park road around the rest of the lake.
It be cheaper to buy a new boat or repair the Drayton Queen which is been stored under covers in the storage areas by the hotel.
Imagine if they had built a big Viking boat and guests helped row it round the lake or they did a Viking show where Viking’s raided the village.

Went to the park yesterday and I got some good news and bad.

Good news
Apocalypse floorless is back open.
The Easter entertainment was excellent all around the park.
The Haunting has even had move effects added and everything worked shame staff had to ruin the main ride bit by telling guests to put there phone away.
The Theming going into Viking’s looks excellent with water features going around Thor and they building a themed entrance for it under the hump section.
Bad Point
Rides available is shocking I wouldn’t be happy if I had paid to get in as Air race, Train, Maelstrom all unavailable with Stormforce 10 having 2 major breakdowns in the time we were in the park (4 hours)

It's a real shame the UK parks have struggled getting rides to open and run so far this season. Some of the closures are just one of those things that will always happen but some of it has surely been preventable?

Wouldn't be shocked to learn that some of the rides we have seen closed across all the parks has been down to staffing issues rather than maintenance however they'd never admit that to be the case if true.