• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I think a family RMC would fit Drayton well. It would be a first for the UK (and the world), and RMC have an almost universally good reputation. It would also fit Drayton’s present market down to the ground!

Something similar to Fonix at Farup Sommerland (a Vekoma Wildcat) would be a good solid family thrill coaster addition for Drayton (or Paulton’s for that matter if they feel like another coaster). But if they want to make DM a must visit for enthusiasts then a Mack Xtreme Spinning coaster would be a superb investment.

Something similar to Fonix at Farup Sommerland (a Vekoma Wildcat) would be a good solid family thrill coaster addition for Drayton (or Paulton’s for that matter if they feel like another coaster). But if they want to make DM a must visit for enthusiasts then a Mack Xtreme Spinning coaster would be a superb investment.
Good suggestions those. A Vekoma Suspended Thrill Coaster would be a good fit too.

I can also see flying dutchman being removed at the end of this season. If you removed apocalypse and flying dutchman you could potentially for 2 coasters over there. One where apocalypse was and behind sleipnir and the other over the lake and where pandemonium and dutchman was. I know i’m being too ambitious but it would work.

I can also see flying dutchman being removed at the end of this season. If you removed apocalypse and flying dutchman you could potentially for 2 coasters over there. One where apocalypse was and behind sleipnir and the other over the lake and where pandemonium and dutchman was. I know i’m being too ambitious but it would work.

You've also got the old abandoned Cedar fish and chip shop behind apocolypse.

I can also see flying dutchman being removed at the end of this season.
I have felt the flying dutchman's days were numbered ever since they got the WaveSwinger.

On a separate point, they removed a number of the traditionally painted horses from the carousel and replaced them with a more generic type. At the time it was presumed it was for repainting as they had removed the more battered ones. It's been a long while since they've gone now, is it a forlorn hope to see them back?

Comparing things on cost, on a like for like basis is pretty pointless right now. They will not get the same amount of ride for what Paultons paid.

Not only are exchange rates all over the place, inflation is skyrocketing.

Not saying Drayton cannot afford a coaster like that. Just saying comparing stuff on a like for like basis, especially on things purchased a few years ago, makes no sense right now.

I do think a multiple train spinning coaster like storm chaser will be a excellent option for the park as it’s thrilling and fits the 1.2m tall market. Like it must have cost 5-6 million to build which is in Drayton Manor’s budget.
Thing is the UK has got loads of spinning coasters now, I think something a bit different, no untested but different will be far better marketing wise for the park. Getting something similar to Paulton's, not that long after they got there's just isn't going to pull people in to the same extent.

The big difference is the looping group target audience is the Midlands with the Safari park and Drayton Manor. I been to Paulton’s park twice 2014 and 2021 and I think it’s a lovely park but it’s a 5 hr round journey without traffic so if Drayton can offer attractions not available at other Midlands parks they onto a winner.
I think bringing the pirate Adventure back in a new storyline would bring guests old and new flooding back to the park then a new family coaster.

I think they will eventually do something in the pirates adventure building however I think they are in need of a coaster first. They've got plenty of options which are more unique for the UK than a spinner. I think they want something on that sort of thrill level though, something thrilling but also family friendly. Drayton has always been a true family park, in this I mean that there was always something for everyone, young or old, this is however starting to change, they need to bring some more thrilling rides in but they cannot risk adding a major thrill attractions in case it doesn't capture there market.