• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Lots of downtimes today. Loki seemed to be non-operational for more time than it was.

Thor had a couple of outtages too. One was brief, the emptied the ride and then conducted a test which seemed to be around the "saddles" that clamp you into position. (got numbers 11&12, 28&29). I did time the entrance and exitting of the ride follwoing an earlier comment on this thread. It took 3:55 from the first (non easy access) patrons going through the gate before the ride set off. Just less than half of this was rearranging folks who had left spaces. To the time that the next first non-easy access patrons were invited onto the ride was 9:03 after the first time. Our second trip was after witnessing another empty test run. Not sure how long it had been out for.

It has struck me that there are a lot of easy access patrons (or are they fast passes) since Vikings opened. Not too much of an issue on Thor. But more of one on Loki, and I haven't yet seen the queue for YoMomma be small enough for me to try it but it would be more of an issue here. Have fast passes been issued?

Biggest concern today though for me was Stormforce 10. Tried to go on around 12.30. It was shut. Boats seemed to cycle for most of the next couple of hours but on a trip on Polperro Express just before a cloudburst at 3:30 ish the ride had been emptied and there was a gaggle of DMP staff looking concerned whilst looking into the trough.

On a seperate point, went into the 4D cinema for the first time today. Thoroughly enjoyed it too.
Drayton only has the Easy Acess system and not a fast track. It has a time restriction but only on peak days.

Drayton only has the Easy Acess system and not a fast track. It has a time restriction but only on peak days.
Thank you. I don;t have an issue with the accessibility matters, I actually applaud it. It's just that the numbers accessing seem to be much higher than usual and I wondered whether there was something else going on maybe as part of promotional activity around the launch.

The policy does need updating though. It seems to have been written prior to adventure cove coming online.

Apocalypses for sale page
https://www.amusement-rides.com/en/product/drop-tower-intamin

G-Force is still on here too

Does anyone know where gforce is now/stored/kept?
The last known picture of G-force was taken in Amsterdam about 2 years ago
FD75103E-56E4-4393-9CBF-45E25F6C7799.jpeg
I think the whole top end of the park needs something new as well as Apocalypse having no queue Drunken Barrels we were the 2 on it, Sheriff showdown was also a walk on and my daughter didn’t want to join the queue for the haunting as we were the only 2 there.
With Thomas 4D have they repaired the air and water effects now?

Last edited:
I popped in with my lad today. Noticed Storm Force 10 cycling but not open, then was shut off totally mid afternoon.

I agree with @RustyShackleford, accessibility access seemed very high today. With decently sized queues at ride exits.

I am not sure the park know what they are even doing in parts to be honest, take Buffalow, or whatever it is called now. You have the disabled access at the exit. Then you have a signed fast pass and accessibility entrance next to the main queue. Both of those had queues alongside the main queue and they were accepting people from them both.

Given there are fast pass signs up now, pretty sure that is coming soon. But they need to streamline how they do it, right now it is just chaos. Low capacity rides with multiple queues.

The last known picture of G-force was taken in Amsterdam about 2 years ago
FD75103E-56E4-4393-9CBF-45E25F6C7799.jpeg
I think the whole top end of the park needs something new as well as Apocalypse having no queue Drunken Barrels we were the 2 on it, Sheriff showdown was also a walk on and my daughter didn’t want to join the queue for the haunting as we were the only 2 there.
With Thomas 4D have they repaired the air and water effects now?
There was air puffing and bubbles. Does that cover it?

To be fair the Barrels and Sherriff were always my go to rides when we had struggles with queues. Its for this reason we haven't done the Accelerator - its a hidden queue that can rob you of an hour very easily.

Last year when it was installed the movie. You got wet when the seagull swam over the water, when the bubbles landed on Thomas and when he want threw the waterfalls. The bubbles have been there since last year.
I preferred when it was themed as a cinema and they changed the movie every year but also showed a Halloween film and a Christmas film.
My son loves Thomas so he always pulls us in there nearly every visit.

If they're struggling to bodge Poccy together, I have no idea how they keep Shockwave going. I know they've cannibalised the second train but spares are NLA and not infinite from the other train. At least parts are still available for Poccy.

If they're struggling to bodge Poccy together, I have no idea how they keep Shockwave going. I know they've cannibalised the second train but spares are NLA and not infinite from the other train. At least parts are still available for Poccy.
well over winter i know that they were working on the red train in some shape/form but i dont know what they were doing

Wheels and everyday wear and tear on parts would be still available to buy from the manufacturer. On Apocalypse they said it’s on its last legs so if Drayton own Maintenance team can’t fix it then it will get left SBNO at the end of the season when it be fully removed and sold for scrap. If you remember the looping group got the park for next to nothing so Apocalypse and Pandemonium haven’t cost the park much.
I be happy to see it go if this new area is better than the 3 rides it’s replaced.
I wonder if Accelerator and the Flying Dutchman will get re-themed to fit the rumoured new coaster and the new area?
Then the 4D cinema, the haunting, Sheriff showdown and Drunken barrels all become another area with the barrels hopefully boxed in and themed to a saloon.
Then a pirate area expanded to include the bounty and the arcade to finish off pirate cove nicely with the Dodgems, Jolly Buccaneer and Pirate adventure replacement that will finish off the main park nicely.

Wheels and everyday wear and tear on parts would be still available to buy from the manufacturer. On Apocalypse they said it’s on its last legs so if Drayton own Maintenance team can’t fix it then it will get left SBNO at the end of the season when it be fully removed and sold for scrap. If you remember the looping group got the park for next to nothing so Apocalypse and Pandemonium haven’t cost the park much.
I be happy to see it go if this new area is better than the 3 rides it’s replaced.
I wonder if Accelerator and the Flying Dutchman will get re-themed to fit the rumoured new coaster and the new area?
Then the 4D cinema, the haunting, Sheriff showdown and Drunken barrels all become another area with the barrels hopefully boxed in and themed to a saloon.
Then a pirate area expanded to include the bounty and the arcade to finish off pirate cove nicely with the Dodgems, Jolly Buccaneer and Pirate adventure replacement that will finish off the main park nicely.
I don’t get the point in keeping flying dutchman for any longer when they have a way better version with wave swinger. I think accelerator will stay as its own theme and the entrance portal will be just after that.

I don’t get the point in keeping flying dutchman for any longer when they have a way better version with wave swinger. I think accelerator will stay as its own theme and the entrance portal will be just after that.
The wave swinger has a minimum height of 1.0m for the double seats and 1.2m to ride alone.
The Flying Dutchman only restriction is that you got to be able to sit. As my son is only roughly 920mm tall I take him on this while I wait for my daughter to get off Accelerator and he laughs his head off. As Pandemonium was removed the whole ride had a big refurb during the closed season so it wont be going anywhere soon.

Last edited:

The Flying Dutchman only takes up a very small footprint and could easily be moved. There’s no real need to remove it unless it’s reached the end of its life.

Imagine if DM were say to create a pirate themed area next, Flying Dutchman would fit right in with that perfectly. I’m really not a fan of removing rides that are still operating well without issues and that are still capable of taking guests so as to help relieve some of the ride queues in an area.

The Flying Dutchman only takes up a very small footprint and could easily be moved. There’s no real need to remove it unless it’s reached the end of its life.

Imagine if DM were say to create a pirate themed area next, Flying Dutchman would fit right in with that perfectly. I’m really not a fan of removing rides that are still operating well without issues and that are still capable of taking guests so as to help relieve some of the ride queues in an area.
I had the idea to move the Carousel and that stage area where Rory performs into the Adventure Cove area then re-theme the train station to finish the area off nicely. Then move the Dutchman onto the Carousel and the stage site.
Then a new attraction could go on the Flying Dutchman site.

They already have a pirate area, where Bounty is. Flying Dutchman could be easily moved there if there is space.