• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I don't know if this has been posted here but drayton manor put on twitter not that long ago that could hint to next year possibly and they did say they had a 5 year plan when the looping group took over in 2020

Ok, so which of you guys here set up this account that Drayton Manor was replying to?

da30f3dc44a936510c9b45610b672285.jpg

https://twitter.com/draytonlogo?s=21&t=sa7ySmAujZ5Qiv9hQ5mOfw

The logo is a bit crap, but honestly it's refreshing to see a park in the UK have a bit of a plan for the future. Apart from just existing purely on VIBES alone, and bad VIBES at that , like some other mega-corp theme parks we have.

Which parks would that be? All 3 mega corp parks I know have pretty substantial rollercoasters in the works, including a record breaker. I accept Alton Towers is a re track, but a substantial re track non the less. Saying they are relying on VIBES alone is slightly unfair.

Last edited:
I just been searching for the coloured markings
White lines means it's a proposed excavation site or route
Red means electric wiring
blue is for water
yellow is for gas, oil or steam
So the new area could include Accelerator as the markings go to the front of the railings and they will block off Jormungandr entrance completely during the closed season so they can remove the rest of Pandemonium’s site, Test track and Apocalypse.
Can see this project been the biggest since Shockwave/Splash Canyon was added nearly 30 years ago.

I just been searching for the coloured markings
White lines means it's a proposed excavation site or route
Red means electric wiring
blue is for water
yellow is for gas, oil or steam
So the new area could include Accelerator as the markings go to the front of the railings and they will block off Jormungandr entrance completely during the closed season so they can remove the rest of Pandemonium’s site, Test track and Apocalypse.
Can see this project been the biggest since Shockwave/Splash Canyon was added nearly 30 years ago.
The rapids be 30 next year shockwave the year after

The rapids be 30 next year shockwave the year after
What I meant was it was a 2 year project with the footers of the coaster going in the same time as the rapids channels.
The 1990 to 2000 was Drayton’s best years for investment and with the looping group and Mubadala Capital investment can help get the park back to where they were nearly 20 years ago.

V
Didn't manage to get any photos but they have added tyres around the wall on the last bend of the rapids now, it does take out some of the sting of the boat hitting the wall.

This is something they should have done to start with. Tyres or inflatable ship fenders would be perfect for this issue.

It looks quite in-keeping with the theming of the ride.

My only complaint was there was not a single splash on the ride!

I've just had a soaking on Storm Force 10, this weather is where the ride really shines. Only 3000 on park today so it is pretty quiet.

All guests are being given free bottles of water on entry, with refill stations across the park. Nice touch.

Went for a couple of hours this morning. Agree it was quiet - walk on Apocalypse but mainly 1 cycle wait for most things.

Thinking about Pirate Adventure building - how about a Thomas Land extension with a group of inside rides - would mean they become more weather resistant for out of season openings - a bit like how Twinlakes have lots of rides inside buildings. Definitely something going on with the Soft play windows being boarded up in the Winston queue.

The soft play needs a proper cleaning out. So many thick layers of dust on the large scale items that it sets my asthma off. The soft play is nice however it’s hardly utilised , it’s always extremely quiet in there.

The soft play needs a proper cleaning out. So many thick layers of dust on the large scale items that it sets my asthma off. The soft play is nice however it’s hardly utilised , it’s always extremely quiet in there.
That's interesting, when my little boy was small enough to go in there it used to be pretty busy and limited to 15 min sessions.

It was dusty back then too!

Good to See Drayton have listened to feedback and the meal deals have been reinstated.

It’s the return of the meal deal!

We’ve had a lot of requests recently to bring back meal deals and combos in our theme park restaurants. So, we’ve taken your feedback on board, and are very pleased to say that meal deals are BACK.

Selected catering outlets across the theme park now offer both adult combo meals and kids meal deals. Including Burger Kitchen and Fish ‘N’ Chips – starting from just £6.95.

Good to See Drayton have listened to feedback and the meal deals have been reinstated.

It’s the return of the meal deal!

We’ve had a lot of requests recently to bring back meal deals and combos in our theme park restaurants. So, we’ve taken your feedback on board, and are very pleased to say that meal deals are BACK.

Selected catering outlets across the theme park now offer both adult combo meals and kids meal deals. Including Burger Kitchen and Fish ‘N’ Chips – starting from just £6.95.
It's about time, the way it was going you'd need a second mortgage for a burger and fries.