• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

As for the windows being covered up, they have been like that since the start of the season. Not sure why. Nice pics though. I might pop down later or tomorrow for a few blasts on Storm Force 10.

It is quite possible that if they were adding a new ride to Thomas Land (the survey markings a few pages back seem to suggest they are) they would need to know where they can splice off this cable, hence the markings. I could even be for the Pirate Adventure building (we can only hope).

Something is going on though and I am intrigued to find out what.
The building to the right of the markings is Thomas land substation but the building behind the gate is Pirate adventures as they were testing out the compressors in there back in 2019. I reckon they were testing out all the stuff in the pirate adventure building and everything that worked they kept and the broken stuff they sold at the auction.

Notice how Apocalypse is missing from everything these days, not in that advert, never promoted by the social media team...
Well it does make more sense for their marketing to focus on their new additions rather than something they are getting rid of at the end of the season.
They may towards the end of the season use it to get people to come and have their last rides on it, but until then there's no point.

To be honest how can they market a ride when 4 of the sides is out of order.
They not even tried to fix the 5th side as the cover not been touched in months.
I just hope this new area with the new coaster is good or it can badly backfire for the park.
When they do the work for the new area they may lay new cables for the pirate adventure building so it could be used again for a future project as Drayton not really got much more land to build on.

Noticed the calendar has now been posted with opening hours for October https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/plan-your-visit/opening-times?tx_calendarize_calendar[month]=10&tx_calendarize_calendar[year]=2022&cHash=56103e0ad178ea68ec708068d9039230#calendar

Interesting it looks like we may not be seeing fireworks this year? It doesn't mention a date. Previously October was just tbd so now this is posted it doesn't look good for fireworks. :(
drayton doesnt confirm the fireworks till closer to time

Aren't the firework events always good money spinners though? Surely they will announce something closer to the the time.

No idea. When I renewed my pass (old version) it defiantly included a 50% discount on Fireworks, but that has disappeared from the benefits of the new pass.

It’s listed for 2022 at the end of the season which will be the 28th and 29th October with the 30th the final day but normal hours then it will close roughly for 3 weeks to get ready for the Christmas event.

It’s listed for 2022 at the end of the season which will be the 28th and 29th October with the 30th the final day but normal hours then it will close roughly for 3 weeks to get ready for the Christmas event.
last year it took them 2 weeks

last year it took them 2 weeks
Sorry you were right it took 2 weeks I just looked back at my photos and thought we went the opening weekend but it was the week after.
Can see it been fenced off after the 4D cinema so they can remove apocalypse as that will take longer than Pandemonium to remove. Then construction walls to go up ready for the Feb half term event.
They started ground work for Viking’s at the end of Oct and took 7 months to built so can see this new area been finished for Easter 2024.