• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

It is going and the looping group was happy for it to just run the 1 tower for the rest of the season but Victoria Lynn said you can’t have park guests complaining about the stand up side been closed so she pushed for the floorless to be repaired this week and hopefully it will be available again by the end of the month.
I think with Pandemonium gone and Apocalypse during the closed season with a new project planned for 2024 with Thomas land getting 2 new attractions for the 2023 season.

The biggest uproar about the wild mouse been removed is that nothing has replaced it.

I really think this type of coaster will really put Drayton back to the top uk non merlin theme park.
Also having the 1.2m requirement really is keeping with the parks target audience.
Just think with Pandemonium and Apocalypse going for this coaster what will the long term future of Maelstrom been 20 years old and shockwave been 30 in 2024.

Opcalips...written by the o.p. in the enquiry to Drayton.
Only got the letter "p"s in the correct place...every other letter is wrong or misplaced.
Credit to the Drayton team for even knowing what the enquiry was about!

Hello, are there any DMP enthusiasts who could take a punt on how busy a Saturday would be? I'm thinking of taking the kids tomorrow, they are young so we'd only be in Thomas Land really, any ideas on how long we'd be waiting for rides? Can't go Sunday, Thank you.

I’d probably say about 15 mins queues for most rides in Thomas Land. Longer for Troublesome Trucks and Winston.

Thomas Land normally quietens up in the afternoon. Hotel early hours may make a difference.

I think in holidays crowds spread out into the week - so sometimes weekends are quieter. But this time of year is hard to judge.

The old one conveyed Shockwave as the star attraction, which isn't really the case anymore.
To be honest, I never really twigged that the coaster in the old logo was Shockwave. I think it would still have passed as just being a generic roller coaster image and been fine.

That does make the change in logo a little more understandable, though. Not that that makes me like the new logo any more, but I understand why they’ve introduced it.

The new logo is growing on me a tad, but I’m still not huge on it. What exactly was wrong with the old one?

New owners wanting a fresh new identity rather than using the old existing logo. The old logo was ok but I can see they wanted to do something different to signify a new era at the park. I don’t think the new logo is particularly incredible but it’s fine for its purposes.

There were lots of potential logo changes that would've removed shockwave and given the park a new identity while keeping a recognisable brand, if I were good a graphic design I'd have a go but I really am not. If I were them I would've attempted to keep the text similar, keeping the blue and yellow.