• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Drayton really up graded the toilets over the years with the Thomas land’s been the newest after the fire in during the 2020 closed season then it was the Zoo toilets by the pizza restaurant in 2017 and the Adventure cove toilets in 2014. Even the toilets at the top end of the park were up graded when the new park entrances opened in the mid 00’s.

So sad to see it go, would have loved the park to spend the money and give it the TLC it deserved. However I trust they have something planned in the pipeline, let’s just hope it’s a worthy successor and not just an off the shelf coaster or a bunch of zamperla flat rides.

The tweet confirming is here
From: https://twitter.com/DraytonManor/status/1578010500423729152

Bit sad I didn't get round to going back to Drayton Manor this summer and will miss out now, but then I haven't made an effort to visit the park in around 15 years anyway!

Nice to see what has been confirmed via secondary methods for a long time now, officially confirmed.
I spoke to the staff on Apocalypse on Monday (one of them is a mate I must add) and they said it's just a rumour.
Not singling you out here mate, just worth pointing out (as has been proven hundreds of times on here in the last decade!) Frontline staff do not have the most up to date information, 99% of the time. As is case here. Looking at the facts (the ride being up for sale and limping on a single chute) it was pretty obvious to see the ride was going from quite a long time ago.

Either that or he knew but wasn't allowed to say anything.

Thank goodness I got thirteen rides on it the other week!
It will be missed. 😔

Some staff seemed to know it was going earlier this year, but that could be a possibility. Yeah, you got lucky there mate! I am going to have to go up to the park and ride this in the next few weeks.

Yeah I hope you do mate!
That makes sense. I will keep an eye on this over the coming winter months. There are a fair few locations very close to my home where you can see the tower. It is now an iconic tower on the town's skyline. I expect to see a large crane appear over the autumn / winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad, I hoped right up until the end it might get a reprival with the rumours of retheming it and converting it to Sit Down throughout as part of the new area. I will be there at Night at the Manor and Fireworks night. I expect long queues on that final day. Especially now its official. Unlike Pandamonium closing last year I think people really do rank and value this ride :(

It’s a shame but hopefully they know what they’re doing and what ever goes on that site will not be a disappointment. What an iconic ride though, it will be missed.

I’m going to try and go during October half term. I expect it’ll be busy but it’s the only time I can go really.