• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV

Not true. I'm still pretty young and this doesn't really hit my Thoosie Bone in a good way, but more of a "What the...?" Way.
The largest sect of enthusiasts - and the most susceptible to marketing - is the preteen / teen market (the type that watch TPWW / Silkstone) , followed closely by the 18-24 ā€œthoosiesā€ who grew up watching the Merlin era through social media, and proceeded to join courses at uni based on their enthusiasm, cultivating their own social media presence and social groups based on that.

These are the ones being targeted with this and it will be successful whether you like it or not

I only been to a theme park once after going clubbing to 3am never again.
Iā€™m very surprised they not done another Thomas land video for their new ride like they did for Vikings and Adventure Cove. Can see Construction walls going up with teasers for the new coaster over the next 3 weeks as they gonna have to open the top end of the park on the 1st April.

I only been to a theme park once after going clubbing to 3am never again.
Iā€™m very surprised they not done another Thomas land video for their new ride like they did for Vikings and Adventure Cove. Can see Construction walls going up with teasers for the new coaster over the next 3 weeks as they gonna have to open the top end of the park on the 1st April.
I'd imagine we'll be getting one soon; if I remember right, James and the Red Balloon's campaign was a bit close to opening iirc.

I do feel the anticipation though; interesting trying to piece together what's in the construction pics! XD

Although looking at the Chessington flume people have been talking about, who's willing to bet the roundabout dig near Maithwaite/James/Blue Mountain Engines is gonna be the Splash Zone?

Not sure I can think of a worse thing to be involved in than forced fun bingo.

It's clearly popular like so I hope it's a success for the park.

Towers times is doing a Drayton manor event in late March including 45 minutes ERT on maelstrom and shockwave in the morning and 45 minutes ERT on Loki, Thor and accelerator in the evening.

This also includes a q&a with park management, morning refreshments and a lunch buffet.
It will also have a behind the scenes for the vekoma mad house/the haunting.

This will be my first time going to a attraction source event, not sure what to expect but I've booked, certainly sounds like a good day out.

I would really like to go but Iā€™m nervous about doing it solo so Iā€™m not sure whether or not to purchase a ticket. Sounds like it would be an awesome event.

I was about to suggest looking at their forums to see if many others are going. But the Attraction Source / Towers Times forum seems to be dead. There are no updates about the 2023 events at all.
I will have to keep an eye out. Thankyou for your suggestion hopefully they start to have more activity. Im only a half hour away from the park so this is my local and I absolutely love the haunting so itā€™s too much of a good opportunity to pass up.

Did a behind the scenes of The Haunting on the PBE (now YEG) event last year. Was really good to see how it all worked, also memorable as it was during that the Project Horizon news hit the Internet.