• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

f6bf0fae-9f8a-4346-87d6-0a7a53bda7d6-jpeg.4810

This pic from Andy shows something that really bugs me about UK parks. Exposed pipe work, awful untreated areas of concrete, water marks and staining around support structures, mud etc, all visible to guests when on the rides. You just don’t get this in the US parks (even the majority of European mainland parks). We get basic theming of buildings, queue lines etc and the rest of the landscaping and upkeep is generally left to rot and look terrible over time. It’s the small attention to details that really make the difference - even with the impressive work Drayton have done - this just looks dirty and grim and the feeling of “done on the cheap”.

Hi my friend is trying to book friends and family tickets on the tap app, but it's asking for codes, where would she find these codes please

It’s weird as my Son’s runs to July and mine and my daughters runs to November so all 3 are on the original annual pass. Have u all been since the end of October?

f6bf0fae-9f8a-4346-87d6-0a7a53bda7d6-jpeg.4810

This pic from Andy shows something that really bugs me about UK parks. Exposed pipe work, awful untreated areas of concrete, water marks and staining around support structures, mud etc, all visible to guests when on the rides. You just don’t get this in the US parks (even the majority of European mainland parks). We get basic theming of buildings, queue lines etc and the rest of the landscaping and upkeep is generally left to rot and look terrible over time. It’s the small attention to details that really make the difference - even with the impressive work Drayton have done - this just looks dirty and grim and the feeling of “done on the cheap”.

You make a valid point and there no excuse at all majority of uk parks seem to have this same
Standard. But unlike parks in America we have a lot more rainfall over longer durations/freezing winters of frost build up, the grime builds
up a lot quicker from the wet atmosphere/trees/lakes nearby unfortunately. There just needs to be a better and more frequent cleaning “maintenance plan” in place! I think Alton Towers due Jet-washing frequently due to its location, but the grime comes back so quickly!

I think if all these rapids weren’t built in the 90s none of them would have that concrete show look which I also dislike.

Last edited:
You make a valid point and there no excuse at all majority of uk parks seem to have this same
Standard. But unlike parks in America we have a lot more rainfall over longer durations/freezing winters of frost build up, the grime builds
up a lot quicker from the wet atmosphere/trees/lakes nearby unfortunately. There just needs to be a better and more frequent cleaning “maintenance plan” in place! I think Alton Towers due Jet-washing frequently due to its location, but the grime comes back so quickly!

I think if all these rapids weren’t built in the 90s none of them would have that concrete show look which I also dislike.
Serious question but I have notice this is a problem for all UK parks in relation to upkeep with the Merlin parks being the source of much of our displeasure...but is there or ever was a UK park that always kept on top of upkeep during a closed season? 🤔

Serious question but I have notice this is a problem for all UK parks in relation to upkeep with the Merlin parks being the source of much of our displeasure...but is there or ever was a UK park that always kept on top of upkeep during a closed season? 🤔
I would say Paulton’s park has always been clean, tidy and maintained.
I think the looping group has kept up with maintaining and improving the park and with Adventure Cove been 2 years old it’s still having work done on it during the winter months.
Vikings still looks fresh and has had some improvements done when the park been closed.
Hopefully this new area will include the Drunken Barrels, the Haunting and Sheriff Showdown as the outside of the Haunting is showing it’s age now and Drunken really needs to be repainted inside and out but they could be waiting as if this new area is themed to the Wild West then the Barrels could be re-themed to a Saloon. The Haunting could have a dead outlaw haunting the place and it’s re-themed into a hotel.

Last edited:
I would say Paulton’s park has always been clean, tidy and maintained.
I think the looping group has kept up with maintaining and improving the park and with Adventure Cove been 2 years old it’s still having work done on it during the winter months.
Vikings still looks fresh and has had some improvements done when the park been closed.
Hopefully this new area will include the Drunken Barrels, the Haunting and Sheriff Showdown as the outside of the Haunting is showing it’s age now and Drunken really needs to be repainted inside and out but they could be waiting as if this new area is themed to the Wild West then the Barrels could be re-themed to a Saloon. The Haunting could have a dead outlaw haunting the place and it’s re-themed into a hotel.
the outside of the haunting is right its meant to look old and tatty its an meant to be an abbondended building

On the haunting now there’s wooden blocks at the end of each row so guests legs are clear of the bars when they come down resulting in the ride cycle been reduced from 40 guests to now 28. With the average wait been 15 to 20 mins it’s getting less than 100 guests per hour now.