• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

On the haunting now there’s wooden blocks at the end of each row so guests legs are clear of the bars when they come down resulting in the ride cycle been reduced from 40 guests to now 28. With the average wait been 15 to 20 mins it’s getting less than 100 guests per hour now.
Utterly pathetic.

On the haunting now there’s wooden blocks at the end of each row so guests legs are clear of the bars when they come down resulting in the ride cycle been reduced from 40 guests to now 28. With the average wait been 15 to 20 mins it’s getting less than 100 guests per hour now.
In TPWW's recent Drayton vlog he suggested that there should be a screen outside the Haunting's entrance that counts down the time until the next group is admitted. I think that's a great idea actually.

that is new since that was not there saturday

How come Drayton doesn’t run The Haunting like Hex, wherein one group can be in each pre-show room at a time?

From memory, The Haunting has 3 pre-shows, doesn’t it? So in theory, you could have a group on the ride, a group in pre-show 1, a group in pre-show 2 and a group in pre-show 3.

Also, have the park had problems with people sitting on the end seats or something? I’ve never known any other park operating a Madhouse have issues with those seats; even Alton Towers never blocked off the end seats on Hex, and they grew very safety-conscious following the Smiler crash. Has something happened at Drayton exclusively that means they have to do this?

How come Drayton doesn’t run The Haunting like Hex, wherein one group can be in each pre-show room at a time?

From memory, The Haunting has 3 pre-shows, doesn’t it? So in theory, you could have a group on the ride, a group in pre-show 1, a group in pre-show 2 and a group in pre-show 3.

Also, have the park had problems with people sitting on the end seats or something? I’ve never known any other park operating a Madhouse have issues with those seats; even Alton Towers never blocked off the end seats on Hex, and they grew very safety-conscious following the Smiler crash. Has something happened at Drayton exclusively that means they have to do this?
Would it need more staff to run it?

I don't know, but I would imagine it is due to the number of staff required. If you have one group in the attraction at a time, then you just need one host to go through with the group. If you have a group in each pre show, you probably require a host in each pre show.

Ah, that’s a good point… I didn’t think of the fact that it would require more staff.

And in fairness, I guess The Haunting probably isn’t a popular enough ride for Drayton to justify all those extra staff members.

Probably to stick with the theme that your going round the vicarage on in your group plus the room size isnt that big and due to staff

I don't know, but I would imagine it is due to the number of staff required. If you have one group in the attraction at a time, then you just need one host to go through with the group. If you have a group in each pre show, you probably require a host in each pre show.

Alton Towers don't do it though, the pre-shows are just automated on Hex. Seems to be just four staff, one on batching, two showing guests into the vault and one in the control room.

They should after loading guests onto the ride. Start loading guests into the pre show room. Many times u see the guests leave the ride from the queue and you still waiting when it’s busy they should have a batching area like Alton Towers do on Hex so guests know that if u not in this area you got a 30 minute minimum wait.
Did anyone do it during the Halloween event? Did the staff dress up?

They should after loading guests onto the ride. Start loading guests into the pre show room. Many times u see the guests leave the ride from the queue and you still waiting when it’s busy they should have a batching area like Alton Towers do on Hex so guests know that if u not in this area you got a 30 minute minimum wait.
Did anyone do it during the Halloween event? Did the staff dress up?
they have done where they get guests into pre show 1 while guests are riding the madhouse I have seen it happen loads of times and the staff use to have a uniform

Last edited: