• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I disagree. Websites like Trip Advisor prove that is simply not the case any more. People leave plenty of positives on there and have done for a considerable amount of time.

That said, I do understand what you mean. Totally get it.

Maybe I am reading it wrong. Who knows.

I think reviews are different to direct feedback, I agree people will leave good and bad reviews, but they will only email directly if they have a complaint or if there was something very very good to report such as staff going above and beyond.

I think reviews are different to direct feedback, I agree people will leave good and bad reviews, but they will only email directly if they have a complaint or if there was something very very good to report such as staff going above and beyond.

Maybe I am totally out of touch with modern customer service. I've been out of a customer facing job role for atleast a decade at this point.

There are rumours the Toilet block closed off at the moment could be coming down as they have demolished the access steps. Makes me wonder if we've underestimated the size of the coaster going here.
If that's the case could we see a new toilet block incorporated into the coaster's station building? I believe Ride To Happiness at Plopsaland has them.

Last edited:
If that's the case could we see a new toilet block incorporated into the coaster's station? I believe Ride To Happiness at Plopsaland has them.
They could even go down the Wodan route and incorporate a toilet block into the coaster’s queue!

Didn't realise that The Grill Inn had closed.

Alongside Apocalypse, one of only two reasons that I bothered to visit Drayton Manor.

Now both gone.

Didn't realise that The Grill Inn had closed.

Alongside Apocalypse, one of only two reasons that I bothered to visit Drayton Manor.

Now both gone.
It was gonna be a Italian restaurant
Post in thread 'Italiano / The Grill Inn'
https://www.draytontalk.co.uk/threads/39/post-2656
It never opened to the public as we had the lockdown then all them indoors rules were not relaxed to July 2021 but by then all the signage was removed and that entrance has been closed since the end of May last year.

Last edited:
It was gonna be a Italian restaurant
Post in thread 'Italiano / The Grill Inn'
https://www.draytontalk.co.uk/threads/39/post-2656
It never opened to the public as we had the lockdown then all them indoors rules were not relaxed to July 2021 but by then all the signage was removed and that entrance has been closed since the end of May last year.
The whole top end of the park needs a massive sort out. It’s been an absolute mess for years. Drayton has always felt like a park of two halves. Feels like the bottom half of the park has been sorted now, but I’m hoping that this new coaster installation is the beginning of the complete remodel of the top end of the park. It’s a mess of themes, access, walkways, ride offerings, function rooms etc. it’s needs a much more cohesive approach. Either way, it’s exciting times for the park. Like many, I have huge amounts of affection for the place. It’s good to see Looping seemingly taking care of it and aiming to return it to former glories.

Yeah it ain’t worked since the mid 90’s when a mismatch of themed rides were added in the area. Before rides in the area may not have been themed but at least they all went in the air.
Like they had the big wheel, sky flyer, Flying Dutchman, Paratower, Buffalo coaster and the Cine 180 showed films which made u think u was flying/off the ground.
Back then the snake train and the Jungle Palladium was part of the centre plaza.

They still improving Adventure cove and the Vikings area and every time I visit something else has been added or repainted. I do think they will keep Pirate Cove but improve it to include the Bounty and the Arcade after the 2024 project is finished.

Sorry for the double post but just seen this on you tube and I wonder if Drayton Manor new coaster could be like this.

If the toilets are getting removed it could easily fit on that site.

I think it will be a Vekoma or and Intamin launch coaster so something like Lightening would fit but I think that layout needs more airtime.

It will be interesting to see if they buy a clone of another ride or a custom layout. We will probably find out soon at least who the manufacturer is, I think we could see foundations going in by June.

Might be off topic but was just wondering what happened to Colin Bryan OBE? He made the park what it is today and after the looping group took over I’m fairly sure he left the resort . Does anyone know what’s he’s up to today?

Moved to Cornwall I heard in the town.

The Bryan's still own Drayton Manor Park in the literal sense and then rent the usage of the land to Loopings. The Bryans do not own any of the assets within the theme park on the land however. They are now the property of the Looping's Group.

I am unsure who owns the once Bryan's owned houses on the estate though. They may still be owed by the Bryans. Manor Lodge being the biggest, which is just by the top end of Splash Canyon / top of Shockwave lifthill.

I know the Shipleys still own their houses just behind the Haunting and at the back of the farm.

Last I heard he was living in Torquay with just his son William and his family living in the house on property. I’m sure since he was removed off the board at the end of 2021 his family have moved away. I do see the current MD at the park and she was there yesterday afternoon with her kids (think they had been the villa game as they were all in Newcastle tops) so she may live in that house or nearby.

Not sure why I didn’t think of this soon as the rumours starting coming around about the 2024 coaster . Everyone is thinking it’s gonna be a launch coaster of some sort , and this coaster here was a vekoma duelling launch coaster planned to open where vikings is now back in 2014 . Sadly these plans were dropped . Could we see this or something similar as the 2024 coaster ?

Attachments

• 4FD70AAC-0B15-455A-AA2D-300AD7EECAA8.jpeg
    4FD70AAC-0B15-455A-AA2D-300AD7EECAA8.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 46