• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I am trying to pre book annual pass tickets.

On the website it only gives you the option to pre book platinum, gold or silver passes. So I guess anyone with the older pass does not need to book? As their booking engine does not accept our pass numbers on any of those 3 tiers.
i use gold and its fine make sure your putting your annual pass number in properly when booking gold

On the website it only gives you the option to pre book platinum, gold or silver passes. So I guess anyone with the older pass does not need to book? As their booking engine does not accept our pass numbers on any of those 3 tiers.
I have the older pass you get a free upgrade to gold so you book under the gold tier

All current passes and

Have you got the Tap app?
Click on the number of passes u want
Untitled-13.png
Then select your date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the pre booking as I understand why they did it.

But if you did not pre book and turned up, do you think they would let you in if the park was not full?

Went today. 3 rides advertised as closed. River Rapids, Blue Mountain Engines and Maelstrom.

River Rapids opened at 12. Blue Mountain Engines at 11 and Maelstrom, after testing all day, opened at 4PM for the final hour of the day.

Kids log flume ride had water in today. Couldn't get a photo but there looks to be lots done still.

Went today. 3 rides advertised as closed. River Rapids, Blue Mountain Engines and Maelstrom.

River Rapids opened at 12. Blue Mountain Engines at 11 and Maelstrom, after testing all day, opened at 4PM for the final hour of the day.

Kids log flume ride had water in today. Couldn't get a photo but there looks to be lots done still.
If I was a betting man I'd say they would want the log flume ride operational for the May school holiday. I'm planning a visit in the second half of May so I hope its open by then.

How busy was the park? Is the wooden construction fences up around the new coaster area?
Staff have told me they originally wanted it all finished for the May half term holiday but they trying for the May Day weekend or the Coronation weekend as select rides are open to 9pm.

I went today too. It was reasonably busy but not manic. Didn’t venture into Thomas Land though, so no idea what it was like in there.

Got a couple of pictures of the construction site. Nothing new really just a huge pile of rubble and some wood. Saw a digger going to town on the area later in the day.

B9C249A8-2D62-4E5A-934F-8C7CC2F7EE10.jpeg
96192561-962C-41E0-B3C3-E4DECF711213.jpeg

Very odd not seeing apocalypse in the skyline in person for the first time. I do miss it, but I’m feeling optimistic about this new coaster. I would love it if it had an inversion or two. Plenty of family thrill rides these days do.

Finally rode Jormungandor?? For the first time in its current form, an enjoyable ride, the new facia on the trains look awesome, but does feel like it’s starting to limp along a bit. Whilst we were sat at the top of Loki, we saw a bird sitting on the track over the lake almost get ran over by it which was amusing.

Queued up for haunting but sadly it was just taking an excruciatingly long time so we bailed and did accelerator instead. Queue moved fairly quickly.

Did shockwave and really enjoyed it in the third row, didn’t seem to be rough at all. My friend found the stand up element amusing and also enjoyed their ride. I don’t care what anyone says I have a real soft spot for this coaster, I think it’s great in its own unique way and still has a place on the park. Hope they keep it going for as long as they can.

Did air race finally for the first time and I thought it was great, wasn’t sure how I’d deal with inverting whilst going round and round but it wasn’t bad for me at all. Painfully slow operations though, lots of grumbling in the queue about how long it was taking.

Wave swinger good fun, operations a bit slow but queue wasn’t massive.

So happy that maelstrom opened near the end of the day. We managed to get two rides in as we were on the second last ride, and there were only about 10 people left in the queue, so they let people wait at the exit for the last of the queue to get on then everyone was allowed on again. Really good of the staff to allow that and made for a really fun end to the day. I love gyro swings and especially maelstrom, was gutted when I saw it was going to be closed so being able to get on twice made my day.

Stormforce seemed to be having a few issues as usual with staff at the top of the final lift hill up there talking to riders. No evac though.

Fast track might be easy money but it’s terrible for every other guest. It wasn’t too bad today but if you get an influx of fast trackers on one ride it can really slow the queue down by quite a lot. Don’t think there’s any going back now though £££.

Adventure cove is probably my favourite area of the park with some of my favourite rides, it’s nicely themed too and very clean looking. The playground is in a brilliant spot as it means the kids have something to do whilst you leave them with another adult and go do a couple of the big rides nearby. The way the area is laid out means that it’s easy to see each other from different rides too. We spotted the rest of our group on polperro express whilst going up shockwaves lift hill and I could wave to my kids playing in the play area whilst riding maelstrom. It’s just great integration.

Normally when I visit Drayton I have a fantastic day and today wasn’t any different. It wasn’t perfect and there are definitely things to improve but despite all that we still had a great time. What Looping Group are doing with the place is fantastic considering where the park was a few years back. The park looks bright, clean and for the most part well taken care of. You can see they are making the effort and that it’s a work in progress. I don’t mean to get all sentimental but i love this park and desperately want them to succeed. To see them making the moves they are, it’s all looking very positive for the future.

Last edited:
Drayton Manor selling some of there former Thomas land lighting.
They been sorting out lots of former items as these’s were behind the green house in the zoo area.
8150E08B-A8F4-41A5-8D39-52B782ED9877.jpeg
Also the cable cars are now £500 each if they drop to £250 I’m gonna buy 1. They were originally £2000 each.

Drayton Manor selling some of there former Thomas land lighting.
They been sorting out lots of former items as these’s were behind the green house in the zoo area.
8150E08B-A8F4-41A5-8D39-52B782ED9877.jpeg
Also the cable cars are now £500 each if they drop to £250 I’m gonna buy 1. They were originally £2000 each.
If I didn't live in Canada and had a bit more petty cash, I might've considered this! Whoever lands either of these is a lucky git XD

I have a few issues with this. Being a season pass holder I never saw this before. But I assume this is an automated message for anyone who has booked a ticket (prebooking passes too).
Screenshot_20230414_114043_Outlook.jpg

"We would love to hear your positive comments"

"Plus' sharing your positive experience"

This write up implys that for one. You have had a positive experience with the rides, the overpriced food and beverage and finally, the staff. That's a bit big headed to be honest.

It also imples that they are not interested in hearing what you have to say if it is not positive. As by their own words and implications, you will have had a great day no matter what.

Drayton Manor, are you drunk?? 🤣...go home.

Not a great starting point when asking for feedback if you ask me. Assuming you WILL have had a great time and experience, no matter what.

Last edited:
I have a few issues with this. Being a season pass holder I never saw this before. But I assume this is an automated message for anyone who has booked a ticket (prebooking passes too).
Screenshot_20230414_114043_Outlook.jpg

"We would love to hear your positive comments"

"Plus' sharing your positive experience"

This write up implys that for one. You have had a positive experience with the rides, the overpriced food and beverage and finally, the staff. That's a bit big headed to be honest.

It also imples that they are not interested in hearing what you have to say if it is not positive. As by their own words and implications, you will have had a great day no matter what.

Drayton Manor, are you drunk?? 🤣...go home.

Not a great starting point when asking for feedback if you ask me. Assuming you WILL have had a great time and experience, no matter what.

A lot of people will only complain when something goes wrong, people praising for no reason doesn't often happen, thats probably why they are pushing for it. If someone wants to complain they will do it anyway!

But they start out by saying;

"We're dedicated to providing an unparalleled guest experience, and we believe that feedback from our guests is essential to achieving that goal."

In order to achieve the goal that they themselves have set out at the start of that very write up, they need to take on feedback both positive and negative. That goal is not achievable if they do not.

Setting that goal, to then go out and basically announce that you will have had a good day and that they only want to hear your positive feedback is baffling and tone deaf.

But they start out by saying;

"We're dedicated to providing an unparalleled guest experience, and we believe that feedback from our guests is essential to achieving that goal."

In order to achieve the goal that they themselves have set out at the start of that very write up, they need to take on feedback both positive and negative. That goal is not achievable if they do not.

Setting that goal, to then go out and basically announce that you will have had a good day and that they only want to hear your positive feedback is baffling and tone deaf.

Again, those with a complaint will make that complaint without any form of prompt. Whereas those who had a good day with no issues are unlikely to feedback without being asked. There is no need to ask for negative feedback, you'll get it anyway!

Again, those with a complaint will make that complaint without any form of prompt. Whereas those who had a good day with no issues are unlikely to feedback without being asked. There is no need to ask for negative feedback, you'll get it anyway!

I disagree. Websites like Trip Advisor prove that is simply not the case any more. People leave plenty of positives on there and have done for a considerable amount of time.

That said, I do understand what you mean. Totally get it.

Maybe I am reading it wrong. Who knows.