• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Well I really do hope Drayton build another major coaster in the future as I can't say I'm 'that' enticed to visit the park in it's current state. Ben 10 is the only good coaster there as I find Shockwave, G Force and Buffalo rather poor rides.

A Woodie would be great for this park but realistically can't see them getting one for a while (if ever).

Last edited:
The 2018 coaster won't be a freefly. They have said it's more family than thrill which a free fly isn't. Also the height maybe an issue the park can build up to roughly 70ft high without extra planning permission and they have said in the past they will struggle to get anything much higher through planning now and if they were applying for shockwave and apocalypse now they prob wouldn't be allowed to build them.

The 2018 coaster won't be a freefly. They have said it's more family than thrill which a free fly isn't. Also the height maybe an issue the park can build up to roughly 70ft high without extra planning permission and they have said in the past they will struggle to get anything much higher through planning now and if they were applying for shockwave and apocalypse now they prob wouldn't be allowed to build them.
If height is an issue it would rule out an El Loco as well. If this is to 'Thrill' for Drayton they could simply change it so it won't flip and maybe the ride would have a different layout to the current 110 models out there if height is an issue. We will never know for sure until Drayton release planning permission for the new ride.

I know it's the park's greatest assets in the present time, but there has been far too much focus on Thomas Land whilst much of the rest of the park is being neglected and has the worst signature coaster duo of any park.

This is why I don't visit that often. Time to ditch the kids rides for another major Coaster. Buffalo is crying for replacement.

While plans change (especially at Drayton). The buffalo will be leaving at some point next season (prob after summer) to be replaced with a first of its kind S&S coaster (expected to be family thrill) to open at some point in 2018

While plans change (especially at Drayton). The buffalo will be leaving at some point next season (prob after summer) to be replaced with a first of its kind S&S coaster (expected to be family thrill) to open at some point in 2018
It's all well and good say that but you have absolutely no evidence of this coaster you keep going on about. A source would be a good start.

It's all well and good say that but you have absolutely no evidence of this coaster you keep going on about. A source would be a good start.
I think that rumour comes from the Q&A Colin Bryan did with RCCGB a few months back. Drayton have a long history of odd ill thought out purchases, so it's quite likely they could buy a prototype from S&S/Sansei.

Thomas Land is getting a new ride this year.
A SPECIAL BALLOON
James and the Red Balloon makes its way to The Island of Sodor, and you can meet him from April 2017.

With all the whistles & toots make sure you are one of the first to ride our amazing new ride.

This exciting new Balloon ride will take Thomas fans high up in the air above Thomas Land.

The balloon could be seen by everyone on the Island of Sodor’
Join us as we countdown to James and the Red Balloon throughout February and March, with exclusive competitions coming your way.

James_and_the_Red_Balloon_rideVIZ.jpg

source: https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/jame...dium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=James 15_01_2016

Hopefully next time Thomas is chugging along his line, he won't see a red balloon. Instead he'll see a B&M roller coaster. They could easily work a B&M roller coaster into the Thomas the Tank Engine storyline. 'Cranky the crane lowed a big piece of B&M box track onto the back of Thomas's wagon. What is this, said Thomas.
'It's for the new theme park they're building. The Island of Sodor needs a theme park'
'Oh right', said Thomas, 'I'm glad I'm helping to build a new B&M roller coaster. It's such an honour'.