• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Wouldn't you need to be accompanied by a annual pass holder?

No, you are not required to be accompanied by a pass holder, the T&C's do not require it.
Furthermore, tickets are booked online, through the website by the friend and or family member, they do not require any details for the pass holder to be entered to get the discounted rate ticket. You just need a unique code provided by the passholder to book.

You person booking then receives their day ticket through their email, just like a normal booking.

My current discount vouchers are valid until the end of May, I will have some new ones at a later date.

@BarryZola has provided many hours of enjoyable Alton Towers videos, it is fitting he can use some vouchers if he wants.

Last edited:
Ah that's good to know, when I used to be a passholder a couple years ago you used to just turn up on the day and pay the £20 per head by showing your pass you couldn't pre-book the friends and family tickets but you still got 15 or 20 of them I think it was.

No, you are not required to be accompanied by a pass holder, the T&C's do not require it.
Furthermore, tickets are booked online, through the website by the friend and or family member, they do not require any details for the pass holder to be entered to get the discounted rate ticket. You just need a unique code provided by the passholder to book.

You person booking then receives their day ticket through their email, just like a normal booking.

My current discount vouchers are valid until the end of May, I will have some new ones at a later date.

@BarryZola has provided many hours of enjoyable Alton Towers videos, it is fitting he can use some vouchers if he wants.
When I tried to use a voucher for my wife for the dinosaur breakout event it wouldn’t let me use the vouchers and staff told me they got to be booked at the same time as You booked a slot to stop people selling them.
For example:
F5FE8F15-1E29-4CDF-AD0C-85BEC2CEE3A2.png

that actually seems better, Pass holders were annoyed when they withdrew the Friends and Family tickets so glad they brought them back and this looks like you can book as many as you want each time you go instead of looking for which codes you'd already redeemed or not

I may well be in touch (no worries if they're gone by that point). Much appreciated pal. Will be looking to go when the new ride opens hopefully 👍 :)
If you're going there with the specific mindset to make content, or because it will be part of your visit, it's worth getting in touch with the Press & Media team to arrange access. They're incredibly friendly and accommodating and may even comp you a ticket. If they do the latter, please remember to mention it in any video you do end up posting, lest you fall foul of the ASA.

I thought we might have been given the name of the new coaster in that, seeing as there wasn’t even a glimpse of it does that suggest that it might be quite some way off from opening?

The website is abit confusing, it’s saying the area is opening on the 24th I believe? But no mention of the coaster which of course is included in this land, but judging by the pictures is way off.

However the other attractions seem to be open apart from Drunken Barrels. The Haunting seems to remained the same which is abit weird and going to look abit of our place I feel.

The new coaster won’t be opening until late may realistically, maybe even later. There is still lots of work to be done, from testing to finishing construction of station and other theming elements etc.

The new area I expected would always open at start of season as it contains a good number of existing attractions and the park are likely to not want them closed.

Flaunting the new area is odd though without the star attraction. I would have expected it to open quietly and then be pushed once the new ride is open