• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Drayton definitely has a nice calm family vibe to it. Always has done. The views with the lake are great too and set it aside from other similar sized parks.

I do echo the comments about though about the Zoo. It's time to say goodbye now I think. Move the animals to the Safari park or somewhere bigger where they can be happier and have more space.
The space that would free up is prime real estate then for Drayton to add another themed land in the future or add more accommodation possibly if they choose to go that route.

One more themed land in the next 5 years with another solid family thrill coaster and a few more flats would be ideal and really cement their return.

Even with what exists and soon to exist..
Coaster offering includes probably the countries best littler person offering with Troublesome Trucks and Buffalo for the lower intensity kids, and Accelerator for those seeking a thrill.
The Wave and the new launch coaster as the next step up and looking like some of the best 1.2m offerings in the Uk (Behind Wickerman but not worth missing everything else for one ride.

Maelstrom probably the best flat ride in the UK (strong opinion, but it’s up there regardless)

SF10 - top 5 water ride in the UK

Best pirate ship in the Uk

Great dark ride in Sherriff showdown.

A madhouse…

It offers so much already. I’m a huge towers fan, but for family days out Drayton simply cannot be beaten

From what I've heard it had a solid opening day with very few issues which bodes well for the season. Really looking forward to visiting once both coasters are up and running, they will have a great offering for families. Hopefully the Pirate adventure building and central area are next for attention.

Even with what exists and soon to exist..
Coaster offering includes probably the countries best littler person offering with Troublesome Trucks and Buffalo for the lower intensity kids, and Accelerator for those seeking a thrill.
The Wave and the new launch coaster as the next step up and looking like some of the best 1.2m offerings in the Uk (Behind Wickerman but not worth missing everything else for one ride.

Maelstrom probably the best flat ride in the UK (strong opinion, but it’s up there regardless)

SF10 - top 5 water ride in the UK

Great dark ride in Sherriff showdown.

A madhouse…

It offers so much already. I’m a huge towers fan, but for family days out Drayton simply cannot be beaten

Yeah great post this.

It's not a patch on Towers for someone like me who wants fast and thrilling rides but for a family it's definitely the best option now north of Paultons and looks like it will only kick on from here now too.

Hopefully they re-theme Accelerator over the winter and then it will feel more appropriate in its location.

Absolutely. While I would love a return of PA , I’ll settle for a too dark ride of any variety.
Probably not Alton Manor levels but something like BPB ghost train would be fantastic

-edit- wouldn’t be really themed into a pirate Area easily but you get the idea

I think this as well, I know we don’t really talk about pirate ship rides too much on these forums but I think that they are a real theme park classic and The Bounty is an excellent one. I don’t know if it actually does swing any higher than the others but it seems to give the impression that it does and it’s in a nice location as well.

Glad it’s not just me.
I think it’s on a shorter length which means it gets a more intense swing- not sure who made it vs the one at Wmsp (which im sure is the same as the one at towers)

Could Drayton do much with the zoo area given their previous issues with the neighbours?

Granted you'd probably be able to argue that the rides would be much more noise reliable but NIMBYs gonna NIMBY.

Could Drayton do much with the zoo area given their previous issues with the neighbours?

Granted you'd probably be able to argue that the rides would be much more noise reliable but NIMBYs gonna NIMBY.
The top part of the zoo near the houses probably not unless it's accommodation but the rest near Excalibur would be fine for a new area

I think the Zoo at Drayton needs a bit of an overhaul, it feels so outdated and doesn't really match the current direction of the park.

I feel as though it needs modernising, like with the Penguin exhibit that was planned a few years ago, focusing on smaller animals, I kind of felt sad for the tiger with how small the enclosure was.

I feel as though the lake/zoo/dinosaur areas could become more of a themed area within itself. Have some sort of transportation ride around the area, with a refreshed dinosaur walkthrough. Open a café overlooking the lake, and potentially even a splash battle replacing Excalibur on the lake.

Staff have informed me that as soon as they finished on the theming on stormforce 10, the wave and the new area they gonna start taking the old theming off the pirate adventure building. They should have had it treated every 5 years but never did it once and now it’s all rotten. That also gives them the chance to do a different theme that can also include the castle of dreams.

Last edited: