• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I believe DM were keeping some ride staff on through the close season for remedial maintenance tasks like sanding and painting, fetching and carrying etc

In the end it shows.

There’s so many low level cleaning and “sparkle” projects the seasonal staff could perform through winter and wouldn’t cost the earth.

Merlin do that too (well certainly Towers do) they offer closed season contracts for maintenance teams.

Do we really need 3 coasters in the UK that crash through a billboard? First The Swarm, then Minifigure Raceway (still an awful name) and now this! Points to them for adding theming but I think we could have done something else. Maybe crashing through the tower that they've just built instead?

I love Sheriff Showdown and at least when you hit the targets the things would move or lights go out. Duel let’s just try to hit lots of coloured led’s. You got to remember when the ride was originally built Apocalypse and the building which now hosts the 4D cinema was also installed the same year.

It does look like one of those old fairground attractions where you shoot targets to make the hillbillies move, just that they've put a track on it.

Do we really need 3 coasters in the UK that crash through a billboard? First The Swarm, then Minifigure Raceway (still an awful name) and now this! Points to them for adding theming but I think we could have done something else. Maybe crashing through the tower that they've just built instead?
That would be much better. The crash through the billboard is a great near-miss element in The Swarm, but now it seems to be a bit overused.

Yeh it’s the same as a few other rides but honestly I think it’s a positive step.

Edit - in the last picture has that one support started to be painted ? Does this mean the whole ride is getting a paint job?

Yeh it’s the same as a few other rides but honestly I think it’s a positive step.

Edit - in the last picture has that one support started to be painted ? Does this mean the whole ride is getting a paint job?
Spotted that too. Looks like some of the supports at least are going to be painted.