• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

They're just going to call it "New Coaster", aren't they?
😂😂😂 I'm surprised noone has done this yet! My bet is Gold Rush or something along those lines! Hopefully we'll start to see a little more on this in the coming weeks - always been really curious about this one!

In all seriousness, do we think that the headlights on the cars will light up, and also, it seems to be going at quite a pace with just 4 dummies, as seen in amateur footage of it, that promotion is not sped up by the park. It may well fly round the track in which case the airtime hills on this will be quite the punch. Might be a little airtime machine in the making here.

The cars seem to be elevated from the main chassis more than a typical train such as Th13teen, which could indicate that there may be a section where you face backwards!
Just out of technical interest, why does an elevated riding postition indicate it will go backwards? Not in any doubt that it will go backwards, just curious.

Just out of technical interest, why does an elevated riding postition indicate it will go backwards? Not in any doubt that it will go backwards, just curious.
Sorry, I worded my original post completely wrong lol, I meant that the cars themselves would rotate to a backwards position. I’m no technical expert so I’m very likely wrong, but wouldn’t an elevated riding position potentially mean the cars rotate as there would then be space for the mechanism underneath to enable that, similar to Objectif Mars? Having thought about it though, I’m not sure how that would make sense as there already will be a backwards section as pointed out a couple posts above.

😂😂😂 I'm surprised noone has done this yet! My bet is Gold Rush or something along those lines! Hopefully we'll start to see a little more on this in the coming weeks - always been really curious about this one!
They could even look back to Drayton Manor's earlier history and call it Klondike Gold Mine... it would fit with the gold theme!

I wonder if that launch section will have shutters like on thirteen.
A basic idea would be the train enters the building and you see some bandits projected and they lighting some explosives and as they blow up red lights flash and smoke fills the room and you shoot out either backwards or forwards.

Sorry, I worded my original post completely wrong lol, I meant that the cars themselves would rotate to a backwards position. I’m no technical expert so I’m very likely wrong, but wouldn’t an elevated riding position potentially mean the cars rotate as there would then be space for the mechanism underneath to enable that, similar to Objectif Mars? Having thought about it though, I’m not sure how that would make sense as there already will be a backwards section as pointed out a couple posts above.
The trains are like the ones on Movie Park Studio Tour rather than Objectif Mars. They won't spin/rotate.
Going by the layout it is possible for the trains to leave the station forwards and re-enter it backwards though. I would say it is likely that one train will be forwards and the other one backwards. The park have said that the ride will have multiple modes. I think sometimes they will run it so after the launch back towards the lift-hill the train will go all the way up and over the top of the lift and do the first part again facing the opposite direction before going through the launch and back to the station. And at other times drop back down the lift-hill back towards the launch.

Last edited:
Haven't they previously said that the theming on this is going to be quite extensive and key to the ride experience (or something along those lines)? In which case it must be a while off opening, as other than a couple of barn themed red buildings I see no theming!

Haven't they previously said that the theming on this is going to be quite extensive and key to the ride experience (or something along those lines)? In which case it must be a while off opening, as other than a couple of barn themed red buildings I see no theming!
They currently doing work inside the launch section as seen here
IMG_4136.jpeg
I not been by the hotel overflow car park for a bit but there’s lots of bushes and trees ready to be installed. Then you got lots of barrels, Rocks and a couple of mining themed pieces.
With the amount they done in the past 2 weeks with the Photo Booth currently been installed I can see this opening at the end of the month.

I am sure the MD said this in an interview yes.

I wouldn’t read too much into the comments. I doubt the MD’s going to say, “We’re building a new coaster with some mediocre theming”.

In terms of enhancing the ride experience, I think some sort of ‘show scene’ inside the sheds would make more difference than whatever they’re putting around the track. Mammut at Tripsdrill has a shed with a show scene between the station and the lift hill that adds quite a bit to the ride. Some sound effects, some lighting effects and smoke along with a few simple animatronics could really enhance the ride.