• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

This is it!

Maybe.
The description says "and discover the new rides already waiting for you in the land of the Wild West", so I wouldn't put too much faith in it. Possibly another trailer for the new "land". We might get a coaster name, but I'm not expecting much more. This is Drayton Manor Park and Zoo, remember. It's even premiering at the time Brummies clock off for the pub.

Would assume it will be announcement/name reveal for the new coaster. Probably with some more testing footage, or maybe ride animation.

I'm the only one in my friend & family group that enjoys theme parks last visit to Drayton in 2018 and before that 2011. So visits are few and far apart. I tried getting my niece interested but my efforts fell a little flat. Shame lol.

Last year I went out of my comfort zone and went to Blackpool on a solo trip and surprised myself and I had a really good day.

Today I did another solo trip but this time to my local park - Drayton.
Was a bit of a nostalgia trip along with being my first chance to see the changes over the past few years and to really be my own boss. Get to go on what I wanted etc.

I was disappointed The Wave wasn't operational today but I suppose it is what it is.

I booked time off some time ago, which at the time hoped the new ride it would be open come the time I'd visit. As I got closer to the date I knew it wasn't happening but it was nice to see how the construction is getting on. Some roofing work going on today at one of the buildings and towards the end of my day I did see one of the trains on the lift hill - no actual testing.

I loved the new Vikings area and the rides within, with exception of Buffalo (for me that will always be its name)... I felt the single run through is a let down. I understand the park wants a faster turn around - I just really missed that 2nd lap.

Not too bad crowd wise - there was a few school trips on site but really overall the park was quiet most rides walk on. Overall a good day!

Someone on Facebook who proclaims to work at the park, so take with a pinch of salt, said they’re altering the restrain system slightly to make it smoother operations ahead of peak season

There has been an ongoing sream of improvements to the restraints since opening day, on my last visit, they could fully close the restraint, adn the ride did not fault if you pulled your own restraint down, and eliminated the weird 2 part closure, but it would sometimes require it to go another click when already fully shut to clear, which could get quite tight, and lead to restraints sticking shut, so it is probably to try to eliminate that.

Drayton Manors account for the 2023 season is available to view
They still made a profit but much less than they made in 2022.

Drayton Manors account for the 2023 season is available to view
They still made a profit but much less than they made in 2022.
Interesting possible wiggle room in there:
"Construction also commenced on our new coaster that will be launched in the next financial year"
I'm aware that we are already in the next financial year, to which this document refers, but theoretically it gives them until the end of March 2025 to "launch" it.

2022 still hasd the post pandemic bounce but any profit is still profit. I think once they get the new coaster open they should have a strong summer providing the weather actually improves