• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

The full line up for summer fest has been announced with rides open to 7pm
IMG_4407.png
The hours have been cut prepared to last years event but the weather was awful on a couple of the weekends.

The full line up for summer fest has been announced with rides open to 7pm
IMG_4407.png
The hours have been cut prepared to last years event but the weather was awful on a couple of the weekends.
Aside from the Bank Holiday weekend, the extending opening and events are only taking place on Saturdays too, which is a change from last year when Sunday also had later opening times and entertainment.

Not only was the weather pretty poor last year, not many people were staying longer either. They did sell evening only tickets, valid from 4/5 p.m until park close (at a discount), but those seem to be missing this year too. With a park aimed at young families, I can't see many wanting to stay much past 5 p.m unfortunately.

Especially given as we've relatively recently made it more difficult for 448 million to travel here.

Aside from the Bank Holiday weekend, the extending opening and events are only taking place on Saturdays too, which is a change from last year when Sunday also had later opening times and entertainment.

Not only was the weather pretty poor last year, not many people were staying longer either. They did sell evening only tickets, valid from 4/5 p.m until park close (at a discount), but those seem to be missing this year too. With a park aimed at young families, I can't see many wanting to stay much past 5 p.m unfortunately.
Park was still hammered at 5 when I went a few weeks back. If they get lucky with the weather people will stay longer. I know we would have stayed longer if we had the option

I find it odd that there are absolutely no details for any of the park’s other events yet. Halloween - there are no dates or details. Fireworks - the same, we don’t even know what weekend they’re being held on, if at all.

Although I understand why there might not be much information on the exact details for every attraction, you’d at least think they’d let people know when these events are taking place, so they can make plans. Seems like they’re forfeiting some potential custom by not doing so.

I find it odd that there are absolutely no details for any of the park’s other events yet. Halloween - there are no dates or details. Fireworks - the same, we don’t even know what weekend they’re being held on, if at all.

Although I understand why there might not be much information on the exact details for every attraction, you’d at least think they’d let people know when these events are taking place, so they can make plans. Seems like they’re forfeiting some potential custom by not doing so.
Here's the event page for the Halloween event, taking place from 1st October 2024 - 1st November 2024: - https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/events/halloween

Fireworks have been announced, we do know that they're on, we don't have an exact date yet. Funnily enough though, I'd wager it's probably going to be sometime around the 5th of November, what with it being Bonfire Night and all. - https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/events/fireworks

You can keep up to date on all of the events happening at Drayton Manor Park & Zoo on their website: https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/theme-park/events

So, did anyone 'win' one of those chances to ride the new coaster on media night? I didn't, but I'll be there on Friday (most probably) with my little inconsequential channel giving them grief about not giving me a tenner refund on my annual pass earlier in the season anyway. Pretty liberating when you don't like the place already before you go. Should be a good angle and good fun to start off on the wrong foot (might even look into the way that the place was financed and changed hands after the accident on the rapids) ;)

So, not seeing huge amounts of conversation online from the usual influencers and bloggers about Gold Rush. Under embargo? Or just underwhelming?