• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Yeah I bought my ticket for yesterday online on Sunday evening and it was about £28, there were days towards the end of the week priced at £30 so clearly even busier days are coming. And all day everything I walked past had some sort of queue.

Frontier Falls still needs a bit of work. Would like a new food offering in the area next season. Hopefully a new flat ride to finish off the area along with the complete retheme of accelerator. Regardless of AI posters the park is heading in the right direction

I think to fit into Old West (or Deep South) tone of the new park developments, rename the Accelerator as the "Rattle Snake" or the "Alligator", etc.

Last edited:
Is there anything left of the ride system even in the building?

Whilst I'm sure for people who remember the ride the nostalgia of bringing back Pirate Adventure would be great, however I think they'd be better off going with something new. Get a trackless dark ride in there instead.

Will be interesting to see what's on the next five year plan. The park is in much better shape than when they did the last one. Pirate adventure building and that general area surly has to be a priority. Outside of that I can't really think of much unless a particular ride needs replacing within that timeframe

Will be interesting to see what's on the next five year plan. The park is in much better shape than when they did the last one. Pirate adventure building and that general area surly has to be a priority. Outside of that I can't really think of much unless a particular ride needs replacing within that timeframe
I remember in one of TPW's interviews with the managing director that the lakes have been mentioned as areas that will get development at some point.

I'm sure that Excalibur lake and the surrounding area (after or alongside Pirates) will be the site of a new development followed by lake that Jormungandr uses.

That would be at least one or two potential rollercoasters without counting a replacement for Jormungandr which will eventually come.

Is there an updated map anywhere with Frontier Falls on? I can imagine it’s looks a lot more exciting now alongside Vikings & adventure cove added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently there still using the 2023 map but have put a sticker with gold rush now open so a new map is probably still in the works behind the scenes because they still haven't put Submarine splash on the map it's just a little circle as well saying now open.So they really need to get on with it now so hopefully there be a new one by the end of the year

I mean saying that they're going to do work in the Pirate building isn't exactly much detective work. Clear that it is earmarked for development.

Suggesting that the ride will return as a result of any building work is putting 2+2 and getting 5 though. Some very weird obsession recently that any dark ride should just be the old version with no updates or changes.

It is school holidays though so first silly season of the year and all that.

If Drayton do plan for a new dark ride in the Pirate Adventure building then IMO that is very welcome regardless what it is having more indoor attractions with regards to this country's climate can help add more alternatives to a day out regarding bad weather.

From: https://x.com/ThemeParkGuide/status/1818315712848412806

Work going on inside PA building.
Probably just making the inside safe rather than anything meaningful but you gotta believe ?

I think now frontier falls and gold rush is now 95% finished they will start work on the outside of the pirate adventure building. Also in them pictures you can see lots of wood been cut up which after they removed everything back to the show building they can start work on the outside of the show building.
With the 15 years Drayton Manor been working with Simworx on the 4D cinema they could get them involved with this type of ride system

I think now frontier falls and gold rush is now 95% finished they will start work on the outside of the pirate adventure building. Also in them pictures you can see lots of wood been cut up which after they removed everything back to the show building they can start work on the outside of the show building.
With the 15 years Drayton Manor been working with Simworx on the 4D cinema they could get them involved with this type of ride system

Can’t see it myself….. one of those must be very expensive

I think it's highly likely it will be a non coaster dark ride possibly trackless as they seem all the rage these days. It's something the park is missing, even Paultons is getting a full immersive dark ride.

I mean saying that they're going to do work in the Pirate building isn't exactly much detective work. Clear that it is earmarked for development.

Suggesting that the ride will return as a result of any building work is putting 2+2 and getting 5 though. Some very weird obsession recently that any dark ride should just be the old version with no updates or changes.

It is school holidays though so first silly season of the year and all that.

There is also some weird obsession with ripping out anything that is old and replacing it with something completely different.

Disney have the busiest and probably the most profitable parks in the world by keeping what they have. It works, the model is proven. Adding other rides around what you have works. I’m tired of “reimagined” this, and “look what we’ve added in” that.

What doesn’t work is allowing a ride to disintegrate into a state where nothing works and the experience isn’t the same as when it first opened.

Pirate Adventure was decent, there would be zero complaints reopening it in the same state it was when it first opened. Not happening however.

We know a UK water ride is getting Superflume tech retrofitted by Simworx, but I think it's Lost River Ride at Mingo.