• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Surely it wouldn’t be that expensive to get a second train.
They’ll have to massively improve despatches though to make it worth while.

Not been to Drayton this year. I’ve been thinking about it for next weekend after the schools go back. I’ve heard it’s been mega busy compared to usual - is that true?

The Wave, Accelerator, Troublesome trucks and Jormungandr queue Line was to the door. With Gold Rush been back to the top end of the queue.
Even the haunting was near the main entrance and unless they had more staff helping with the thou put that would have been around a hour.
I did hear in 2022 the visitor numbers were back up to around the 2005 levels so they could have a record season this year which I think stands at 1.2million which was set in 2012.
It’s good to see the park investing every year and making a profit.
I was thinking with Gold Rush opening later in the season and Accelerator closing at the end of the 2024 main season for its re theme and the rumoured Flying Dutchman relocation will we see Golden Nuggets and Gold Rush open for the Christmas event

Last edited:
I not been in the main queue of the wave since the beginning of the season. Has the school kids ruined it? I hope with the queues it’s been having this year they think about getting a 2nd train for the wave.
Yup, covered in names in chipped away paint and writing on the walls. Unfortunately it isn’t looking great. Such a shame as I know it was only painted this year.

Yup, covered in names in chipped away paint and writing on the walls. Unfortunately it isn’t looking great. Such a shame as I know it was only painted this year.

They need to start covering wood areas in Que lines with a more distracting material? Just to accommodate to morons unfortunately and the same with Shockwave just looks awful, otherwise it’s just a constant Maintence battle! Legoland they some how manage to rip off the vinyl walls in the miniature speedway Que line so I’m not even sure the solution but wood seems to be more a target for engravings like Wickerman as well.

As a kid/teenager it honestly would never cross my mind to do that in a theme park or anywhere in public for that matter. Hey they must raise them differently now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of reach is how you keep things nice. The Wave is the perfect combo of flat surface, long boring queues and school trips

Well, and also doing things properly in the first place, those vinyls at LLW were put on crooked with bubbles and were peeling shortly after opening - it annoys me that people pick at things and draw on them but putting vinyl on badly is only going to encourage that behaviour.

Guests ruining things is not new. It has been happening long before smartphones came along.

Placing things in reach of guests in queue lines is just bad theme park design by this point, everyone should know by now it will just get defaced. There are ways to design queues to avoid this.

IMG_1919.jpegIMG_1920.jpegIMG_1921.jpegIMG_1923.jpegIMG_1924.jpegThe worst thing also it’s not even just children but even young children and there parents are letting it happen. For Example when Thomas and Percy’s submarine splash opened the vinyl’s in the queue line was ribbed up in select areas.
So they took them all off again and put a protected plastic screen over the top

IMG_2165.jpegIMG_2164.jpeg

Guests ruining things is not new. It has been happening long before smartphones came along.

Placing things in reach of guests in queue lines is just bad theme park design by this point, everyone should know by now it will just get defaced. There are ways to design queues to avoid this.

Do queue lines get defaced regularly at DLP and Efteling?