• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

What do you mean by "tracks better"?
The B&M stand ups have an awkward shuffle and the three I have ridden try to do too much in terms of what the trains and the riding position allow. Shockwave works well for a stand up coaster, it's just a fun ride. Plus, if you decide it's not for you - you're never really far away from the station.

(Sorry for the double post) went today (7th), and went on G-Force, Shockwave and both sides of Apocalypse for the first time! *Gives himself a pat on the back*, All were great; i didn't find Shockwave and G-Force weren't as rough as i thought i would (although i did bump my head once on Shockwave's harness (lightly, though)), and appocalypse was terrifying (especially the stand-up section) but i thought, in terms of the feeling you get, that Thirteen's drop section was worse!

Never seen the park so quiet; we only had to wait 2-3 minutes for all the rides! Did all the rides in the morning (and did re-rides after lunch), and got on the front seat of all the coasters! We also did Vertigo, which was excellent (although it doesn't half tire you out and make you ache!).

Overall, a great day (weather was great too), and one i won't be forgetting for a while (both because of me conquering certain rides and because of the special reason i went for as well). We certainly picked the best day to go!

Last edited:
Every credit for getting your first rides in on those @skyscraper. Glad you had a good time. Certainly sounds like Drayton is suffering from Smiler syndrome. Fingers crossed for a successful fireworks event (sounds cool, actually!) and they can get back to something approaching normal next season.

I hope so too. I don't know if Drayton could tank lower visitor numbers in the same way as Alton Towers between 2015-17, being a family business it would only hurt them harder. In fact, I really think these accidents are happening at the worst possible time, as on a wider scale, it feels like the UK theme park industry is seriously underachieving compared to parks like Europa Park and Efteling. It's sad to say, but in my opinion, this stuff only makes me think that we need a new theme park in the UK.
And also, good to hear you had a great time too Skyscraper! :)

Thanks, guys :)! I also hoped to go on The Haunting for the first time, but it was closed :(.
I had a Access Pass due to my disability, but didn't need to use it at all as the queues were so short!

They've introduced a new ticket as well, the "Grandparent and Toddler ticket", which will hopefully entice more families to the park.

Certainly sounds like Drayton is suffering from Smiler syndrome.
I think the park is also suffering from Splash Canyon syndrome; the accident could have also affected the gate figures.

The park is always completely dead on weekdays in September once the kids are back.
We even saw a school group as well :eek:. The term's only just started!

I went last Thursday and the park was pretty busy, certainly wasn't quiet like towers was during the year of the Smiler crash.

I don't think having storm force closed all season it helping, as well as various other rides being broke half the season. We had open ended tickets and have been waiting all season to visit hoping for storm force but that's still closed.

Today: "The rides closed today are: StormForce 10, The Haunting, Bryan Works Museum, Pandemonium, the Chairlift and Splash Canyon."

The Haunting was open last week, however all those other rides were still closed, plus Air race, which opened in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been a season pass holder at Drayton Manor I try to visit at least once a month sometimes twice. Drayton done a lot of work to there Zoo during the season and they currently building something where the old toilets use to be.
Anyway a update on the long term closed rides:
Pandemonium Been closed nearly a year now but on Monday they had a cherry picker on site and a huge green sheet covering the top of the ride. It looked like the new motors have arrived and they currently been installed.
Storm Force 10 is having major work done to it at the back of the ride. You have to ride the train to see this work but looks like they installed better exit paths just in case it breaks down . They also added new signage saying do not stand up with PA speakers installed all along the ride route.
Splash canyon final bit has been refilled with water but most of the boats are still missing from the ride.
The haunting just having some upgrades added to the ride ready for the parks Halloween event.

Went to DM today, and did last week too. Today, however, rather than just sitting in the park Stormforce 10 was testing. Waterfalls turned on, entire ride fully operating with boats being sent down all 3 drops. Photo booths opened briefly and lights turned on in the queue line. It's a little late, but I'll be so happy if my fav ride is open by the end of the season :)
Also overheard DM executive staff mention something about being able to get pandemonium open right at the end of the season on the fireworks nights, saying it 'might be possible'.

Went to DM today, and did last week too. Today, however, rather than just sitting in the park Stormforce 10 was testing. Waterfalls turned on, entire ride fully operating with boats being sent down all 3 drops. Photo booths opened briefly and lights turned on in the queue line. It's a little late, but I'll be so happy if my fav ride is open by the end of the season :)
Also overheard DM executive staff mention something about being able to get pandemonium open right at the end of the season on the fireworks nights, saying it 'might be possible'.
Better late then never :D